Windows 10: Diable Cortana Voice Input

Discus and support Diable Cortana Voice Input in Cortana to solve the problem; I have no desire to "Speak to my Computer", nor to have Cortana "Yell at me" about how helpful she is... How do I disable Cortana Voice Input... I... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by RichSilv, Oct 29, 2019.

1. RichSilv Win User

Diable Cortana Voice Input

I have no desire to "Speak to my Computer", nor to have Cortana "Yell at me" about how helpful she is...

How do I disable Cortana Voice Input...

I (kind of) like Cortana, but would rather just type my question

:)

RichSilv, Oct 29, 2019

2. Cortana voice input problem

After saying " open control panel" to cortana , it displays "opening" forever, will never open control panel. Have tested other windows app such as "On screen keyboard", the result is the same.

Diable Cortana Voice Input [​IMG]

ztartennery, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Cortana has no voice

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Setup Mic

Step 1: Set up Mic in Control Panel.

1. Type Set up Mic in Cortana's search bar.

2. Follow the on screen instructions.

Step 2: Verify Speech settings.

1. Go to Settings >
    Time and Language >
    Speech.

2. In the Microphone section, click Get Started, if no Microphone is detected.

Method 2: I suggest you to update the Audio drivers on your device and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Start button from the desktop and select Device Manager.

• Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on High Definition Audio Device and click on Update driver software.

• Restart.
    If the issue persists, Please refer to suggestions provided in the thread link below:

My
    cortana has no voice

Hope it helps. Revert to us with the results, will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Oct 29, 2019
  4. Diable Cortana Voice Input

How to prevent Cortana from sending voice input to Microsoft AND still be able to use speech recognition

As said in the comments, currently Cortana's speech recognition only works online, and speech data is sent to the Microsoft servers. As the result, you cannot prevent Cortana from sending voice input to Microsoft and still be able to use speech recognition.

As a side note:

Franck Dernoncourt, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

Diable Cortana Voice Input

1. Diable Cortana Voice Input - Similar Threads - Diable Cortana Voice

2. Voice Activation in Cortana

in Cortana
    Voice Activation in Cortana: is voice activation in Cortana still un available. [Original Title: Cortana] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voice-activation-in-cortana/2629accf-8014-4ed4-8543-ad46aa88dc27
  3. Cortana Voice Activation

in Cortana
    Cortana Voice Activation: My windows build is 19041.504 I just updated to windows 10 2004 and cortana voice activation is unavalabile, and it s says that it will be avalabile in the future updates. My language is on US and i saw on youtube that this problem was fixed in 19041.329 build, but for me...
  4. Cortana voice activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cortana voice activation: Hi guys, I am trying to activate cortana by saying "cortana" is not working, mic is ok, permission is given, other than this cortana is fully functioning, but when i am saying "cortana" it did nothing. If someone knows about this problem please help. submitted by...
  5. Inputing to cortana

in Cortana
    Inputing to cortana: How can I change cortana's input from voice to typed questions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inputing-to-cortana/dce0070b-b02c-47f0-8fec-8c2b7a0302ec"
  6. Cortana's voice

in Cortana
    Cortana's voice: What do I need to do to access Cortana's voice on my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-voice/22a2bf5d-66d1-49a6-a0f1-9b9d0dff6e61"
  7. The Voice Input And The Voice Output Are Gone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Voice Input And The Voice Output Are Gone: So, I own a Lenovo Legion Y730 Gaming Laptop. Today I was just playing Counter Strike Global Offensive. My Discord Was Working All Fine. Then I decided to free some space. Then I used my ordinary Cleaner for Windows 10. Everything went well until i started playing Minecraft....
  8. Cortana's Voice

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cortana's Voice: So I asked Cortana if I could change her voice. She replied that her voice was the only available for my region. I wanted a mail voice, not her female voice. Even Apple's Siri lets you select alternate voices. Thoughts? But the way, Cortana seems to work pretty well....
  9. Voice Recognition in Cortana

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voice Recognition in Cortana: The Voice Recognition in Cortana was working. I had to Restart my computer. It quit working. I re-installed my microphone but it still would not work. My microphone is located in my Monitor along with my Web Cam. Why did this happen? It was working fine and after Restart it...
  10. Cortana voice input problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana voice input problem: After saying " open control panel" to cortana , it displays "opening" forever, will never open control panel. Have tested other windows app such as "On screen keyboard", the result is the same. [img] 95976