Windows 10: diable touchpad

Discus and support diable touchpad in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on my hp laptop cannot disable touchpad when mouse attached. no choice available anywhere. windows10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by O's HPLaptop, Feb 11, 2020.

1. diable touchpad

on my hp laptop cannot disable touchpad when mouse attached. no choice available anywhere. windows10

:)

O's HPLaptop, Feb 11, 2020
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 11, 2020
  3. TouchPad problem

see attached screenshot of the keys after I re ran the scan

so i assume next steps are to have that program open that you suggested whilst using the laptop and then when the touchpad gets disabled to check if the keys have changed?

bartjunited, Feb 11, 2020
  4. diable touchpad

turn off touchpad

Thanks for trying I downloaded driver for touchpad, followed the steps you listed but it did not solve the problem - When I get to the last tab for the software, there is no checkbox for "disable touchpad if mouse is attached." I can completely disable the
    touchpad by system, and you, advised against this so at least I had the warning not to completely disable touchpad. I have tried the other options suggested but to no avail. Frustrating!

MonetteIrwin, Feb 11, 2020
Thema:

diable touchpad

1. diable touchpad - Similar Threads - diable touchpad

2. This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...: So i was fixing my laptop that got virus and ended up shutting down too many times. My laptop is fixed but now, every time i shut it down. I need to wait 2 hours to be able to go inside the desktop if i turn it back on. I think it was caused by my battery since i need to...
  3. This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...: So i was fixing my laptop that got virus and ended up shutting down too many times. My laptop is fixed but now, every time i shut it down. I need to wait 2 hours to be able to go inside the desktop if i turn it back on. I think it was caused by my battery since i need to...
  4. This sign in option is diabled because of repeated shutdowns always appear when i shut down...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...: On 02nd January 2024, I found out, that if disabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, then the following security features will be turned off.01 Memory integrity is turned off. 02 Kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection is turned off this feature is only...
  6. Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...

Diabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, Memory integrity wont be turn on. So...: On 02nd January 2024, I found out, that if disabling Intel Virtualization Technology-d in Bios, then the following security features will be turned off.01 Memory integrity is turned off. 02 Kernel-mode hardware-enforced stack protection is turned off this feature is only...
  7. Alt+Tab and Windows key getting Diabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab and Windows key getting Diabled: For the past week since Friday, Aug. 19th, whenever I open and run a game in full-screen with one exception and for some games even in a window, the functions of both Alt+Tab and the Windows key get disabled sometimes after an unknown time after starting the game or otherwise...
  8. Alt+Tab and Windows key getting Diabled

Alt+Tab and Windows key getting Diabled: For the past week since Friday, Aug. 19th, whenever I open and run a game in full-screen with one exception and for some games even in a window, the functions of both Alt+Tab and the Windows key get disabled sometimes after an unknown time after starting the game or otherwise...
  9. Alt+Tab and Windows key getting Diabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables

in Windows 10 Customization
    Just did a windows 10 update on my lenovoyoga and now my mouse touchpad diables: Hi What can I do? The mousepad disappears from use after a short time of being restarted, if the screen snoozes it disappears. I can't even go in and re-enable it. Is this a fault with the update or the computer. It was working fine before the update though. Please...