Windows 10: diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

Discus and support diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network. In our network we have more than 20 PC,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nicola Bertazzoli, Apr 9, 2021.

1. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

Hello everyone,

I'm head of IT in my company and we have some strange problems with 3 PC in our network.

In our network we have more than 20 PC, but only 3 PC have the same problem.

During the day in intermittent way they can't connection with browser, mail or other programs on internet, but the PC sign us that there is internet connection.

This problem during just few minuts, but It repeats a lot of time during one hundred or more the day.

All PC have windows 10 pro.

We can try:

-replace the firewall with tha same model Firewall Zyxel USG60

-reset the PC

-reinstall windows

-replace the modem

-replace the entire cables system

-replace the PC but with the same hard disk

-when the users can't use internet services, we can ping Google and It works

-when the users can't use internet services, there is interent connection

We have IP like 192.168.x.xx

However the problems continues for the same PC.

The problems start when we changed the internet provider and we switched to ftth fiber connection with phones in Voip.

I don't know what to do. Could you help me please?

Thank you

Best Regards

Bertazzoli Nicola

:)

Nicola Bertazzoli, Apr 9, 2021
  2. will Win User

Intermittent internet connection

Hi all,
    Basically for the last few weeks I have been having some real problems with my internet in my house. I have a netgear wireless router connected to the phone line (through a microfilter obviously), which is connected to about 4 PCs via ethernet, and 1 PC wirelessly. All other phone sockets in the house have microfilters on as well. This set up has been working fine for a few years now, but recently we got back from holiday and the internet seems really dodgy throughout the house.
    Basically what will happen is that sometimes web pages will load and work normally, but quite often they just won't load and firefox will come up with 'page cannot be displayed' or whatever. Usually if you refresh a few times it will load, but basically the whole time the connection is really dodgy.
    The router has a constant connection to the internet, which isn't affected when these random dropouts occur, I can check the adsl uptime in the router settings and it shows however long since I last switched off the router.
    I have connected a different router (linksys) to the phone line, but got the same problems. Actually one time with the linksys, the internet didn't work at all (although it said it was connected in the router settings page) so I switched back to the netgear.
    I have connected a phone (N95) to the wifi and it showed the same symptoms, usually coming up with 'no gateway reply' or something on the screen. This suggests to me that it is not a software (firewall etc) problem with any of the computers. The second router pretty much rules out router problems.
    I have phoned up my internet provider (tiscali :shadedshu) and havent really got much help. Basically they ran some diagnostics and couldn't find any problems with the connection. Today when I phoned them they told me to plug the router into the master phone line in the house, and they are going to monitor the internet usage for the next 24 hours and get back to me. I suspect they won't find anything.
    I have no idea what could be causing these problems, it is really getting annoying! *Bang Head :banghead:

Can anyone help me out? *Confused diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access... :confused: I've never experienced anything like this so I can't really come up with any ideas...

will, Apr 9, 2021
  3. Callender Win User
    Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

My suggestions:

Hard reset router (reset button may be hiiden inside a pinhole)

Change DNS:

Change IPv4 and IPv6 DNS Server Address in Windows

Use one from the list "Item 7. To Use Custom or Third-party DNS Server Address"

Run WifiInfoView and change router channel if nearby routers are detected on nearby channels.

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access... [​IMG]

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access... [​IMG]

Run Wireless Wizard and update network profiles then "Test & Fix"

Links:

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wifi_i...tion_view.html

Download Wireless Wizard 7.0

Callender, Apr 9, 2021
  4. pforan Win User

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

Oh I think you're on to something. I did just install a VPN recently, just to try it out, just before issues began. However I am no longer using it. It actually worked fine while I was trying out for a day or so. It's not been running while I'm having these issues.

Elitebook 850.

Here are the Network settings using regular WIFI connection (does not work)

And here are settings connected to same router through phone hotspot (does work):

pforan, Apr 9, 2021
Thema:

diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access...

1. diagnose intermittent internet connection problems, actually there is internet access... - Similar Threads - diagnose intermittent internet

2. Intermittent dropping of internet connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Intermittent dropping of internet connection: I'm using Windows 10 and connect to the internet via Wi-Fi BT Hub, Several times a day sometimes several times an hour I get a message telling me I'm no longer connected to the internet. Usually, within about 5 seconds the system reconnects itself. Occasionally this doesn't...
  3. Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay

Display "No Internet Access" while actually my Internet connection is okay: Hi, My Windows version is 20H2 OS Build 19042.630. I am using the desktop computer with Ethernet cable connected to it. My Internet connection is actually connected, and I can access the Internet. But, the icon at the bottom right corner of the taskbar shows that "No...
  4. Internet problem: duplicate networks & intermittent internet connection

Internet problem: duplicate networks & intermittent internet connection: I've been suffering from intermittent internet connection on my PC for the past few days. I tried resetting my pc's internet and resetting my pc to an earlier back up. However, none of them worked. Every hour or so, the pc will be disconnected from the wifi. Furthermore,...
  5. Intermittent dropping internet connection

Intermittent dropping internet connection: I can use apps like Skype without any problem, but almost as soon as I open a browser--Edge, Chrome, Firefox--I lose internet connectivity. The computer settings say I'm connected to the internet but no page will load, saying that it's not reachable or its address is not...
  6. Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access

Teacher with No/Intermittent Internet Access: I could really use help with this situation. I am teaching from home and unable to connect reliably to home WIFI for online teaching. HP Elitebook with Windows 10 Enterprise Volume License from school. All other devices work perfectly on network (multiple laptops and...
  7. Intermittent connection to internet on laptop?

Intermittent connection to internet on laptop?: I have a laptop that has just had a clean install of Windows 10 1909, it connects to the internet via a router that runs on my desktop PC, the laptop runs wireless. I have 2 other laptops that are also wireless and work without a problem, but this laptop connects and runs for...
  8. Intermittent internet connection issues

Intermittent internet connection issues: Morning All, My computer keeps getting intermittent internet connection issues since I switched the router supplied by the ISP to a draytek one. When browsing im getting random 'error connection reset' messages in chrome and same result for other browsers. The router is...
  9. Losing internet connection intermittently

Losing internet connection intermittently: For the past month or so, I've been losing my internet connection intermittently. This happens somewhat sporadically, but when it does the connection is interrupted for about 30 -45 seconds and then resumes, usually without my having to resort to Windows 10 troubleshooting....
  10. "No internet connection" but it actually is connected

"No internet connection" but it actually is connected: Hi its been a while since I posted an issue. I have this problem for a while I am not sure what's going on, So what happens is sometimes when I play a game or when I am on something like Discord for example sometimes my internet disconnects except for that program I am on. I...