Windows 10: Diagnose system freeze while it's happening

Discus and support Diagnose system freeze while it's happening in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; As I've described here, Anniversary Update causes my laptop's mouse and keyboard to freeze when waking up from sleep, and no amount of troubleshooting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mc510, Nov 28, 2016.

1. mc510 Win User

Diagnose system freeze while it's happening

As I've described here, Anniversary Update causes my laptop's mouse and keyboard to freeze when waking up from sleep, and no amount of troubleshooting has turned up a solution. But what if I were able to interact with the computer (e.g., via remote desktop or quick assist) while it's frozen; what should I look for in order to diagnose the freeze? One obvious thing would be to open the Device Manager and look for a yellow question mark, but that seems like a long shot. What else should I look at to diagnose system freeze while it is happening?

(Why do I think that I may be able to remotely control the laptop while it is frozen? Because I let a Microsoft support tech take control remotely to try to diagnose the problem. At the time, it was frozen on the password login screen and so he could not do any real troubleshooting and I could not enter the password to go any further, but I did notice that he was able to control at least the mouse, maybe also the keyboard, while it was frozen on my end.)

:)

mc510, Nov 28, 2016

2. about nokia x6 freezes

my nokia x6 cell phone freezes, while i am connected as pc suit and using internet . it will happened at 2 hours after connected . when it was occured nothing response from cell even power switch is also doesn't work . when it was happened i have remove
    and reinsert the battery ..i can't diagnose the trouble.. please give the soulution

ranganath---01, Nov 28, 2016
  3. AlexDragu Win User
    Windows Defender will not do a full screen

What do you mean by "it won't do a full scan" does it freeze? does it, hang? what happens, a more detailed description would make diagnosing the problem easier.

AlexDragu, Nov 28, 2016
Thema:

Diagnose system freeze while it's happening

1. Diagnose system freeze while it's happening - Similar Threads - Diagnose system freeze

2. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnosing a System Crash: Hello,I recently replaced the video card in a system. It had been stable, no crashes. The new video card was very large and I had to take out 3 of the 4 memory modules so that it fit. Since then, the computer has crashed 3 times. I just enabled minidumps and caught one:...
  3. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnosing a System Crash: Hello,I recently replaced the video card in a system. It had been stable, no crashes. The new video card was very large and I had to take out 3 of the 4 memory modules so that it fit. Since then, the computer has crashed 3 times. I just enabled minidumps and caught one:...
  4. Diagnosing a System Crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System crash while gaming: Freeze and restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System crash while gaming: Freeze and restart: Hello, my PC crashes randomly only when playing games. I couldn't detect a real cause of it but have some crashdumps. I'm unable to reproduce the crash myself. Crash is only occuring while gaming. Sometimes I can game for an hour or two long and sometimes it crashes after 10...
  6. System crash while gaming: Freeze and restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System crash while gaming: Freeze and restart: Hello, my PC crashes randomly only when playing games. I couldn't detect a real cause of it but have some crashdumps. I'm unable to reproduce the crash myself. Crash is only occuring while gaming. Sometimes I can game for an hour or two long and sometimes it crashes after 10...
  7. Diagnosing Charging System Dysfunction

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Diagnosing Charging System Dysfunction: The charging system on Dell Latitude E5550 with Windows 10, version 1909, build 18363.1082 is doing something odd and I can't figure out where the problem is. I don't think it is a faulty charging port, as it runs without the battery. The battery is at 72% health and it does...
  8. Diagnosing a system crash

Diagnosing a system crash: Hello, This computer is crashing and failing to produce minidumps. This computer had been operating in a stable way for the past three years, and it was already used then. This happens some days (up to five times), not on others, and using any software or not. Config:...
  9. Need help diagnosing momentary freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    Need help diagnosing momentary freezes: I am getting momentary freezes that I cannot figure out. The best way to explain it is the computer just stops randomly for a millisecond or so, then continues. This kills me during gaming, but still annoying just perusing the web. While scrolling down a page it will stop for...
  10. System Freezes While Under Load

System Freezes While Under Load: (This isn't a BSOD situation, but I can't find a forum section for system freezes) I have an i7-5820K overclocked to 4.2GHz as well as two GTX 980s in SLI. Occasionally while gaming, the system will lock up and will not respond until I shut down the computer either by...