Windows 10: Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Discus and support Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft Support, I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is. These crashes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JPTigr, Nov 25, 2019.

1. JPTigr Win User

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs

Hi Microsoft Support,

I'm trying to diagnose some BSODs on my own PC and I'm struggling to figure out what a root cause of this is.

These crashes started happening after a few weeks ago. My PC has been fine before that for about 2 years.

I have had a number of different error causes, and I have provided in this link the two most recent minidumps and msinfo:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjvAmEUiEMmQih71mrF70cwbrnxp?e=6bxS5t

The minidumps were created when my system was overclocked (with just DOCP RAM overclocking), however I have set that to normal now.

I have recently done a "Reset this PC" option in Windows, and have also done a memtest86 for ~20 hours with 0 errors (all tests). I've also included the memtest86 log file in the link

My PC information is below:

Corsair CS750M PSU

16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 RAM

Ryzen 3600 CPU

ASUS ROG STRIX 370-F Motherboard

Samsung 850 SSD

Finally I've included a Piriform Speccy text output and put all the files in the link here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjvAmEUiEMmQih71mrF70cwbrnxp?e=CU5Dn3

Hopefully you can help point me to the right direction of what could be causing these crashes!

John Peterson

:)

JPTigr, Nov 25, 2019

2. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Smurfmans Win User
    Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Hereby the result of step 5 and 6 for Model WDC WD10

D drive

Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs [​IMG]

E drive

Smurfmans, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Double9s Win User

Help diagnosing frequent BSOD

Hello Gerry

It's been almost 10 days now and no BSOD crashes. If the stability persists, I'm thinking MSI Afterburner (or more likely Rivatuner, after some reading) was the culprit. Hoping that's the case, as I won't have to go through the hassle of exchanging my video
    card.

Thanks for the help! Could you give a little explanation on how you pinpointed that list from the reports that I posted? I'd like to be able to deduce that info on my own.

Double9s, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Diagnosing frequent (every 1/2 days) BSODs - Similar Threads - Diagnosing frequent every

2. BSoDs every 1-2 days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoDs every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days saying IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION, APC_INDEX_MISMATCH, and KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE just now and they all happened randomly. I didn't do anything before the BSoDs started happening, I've tried reinstalling...
  3. BSoD every 1-2 days

BSoD every 1-2 days: I get BSoDs every 1-2 days while using my computer, it restarts and boots back immediately but it's getting annoying, minidump files and msinfo: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AumN4IeuuOd9gy10p9mAVwwN1u7n?e=YEoMCf I didn't make any changes before and after the BSoDs started, i'm not...
  4. BSoD every 1-2 days.

BSoD every 1-2 days.: Hi, I've been getting lots of BSoDs recently. System was also stuttering a lot - audio and video drops. The stuttering problem seemed to have been caused by my joystick - a faulty connection I think. I've unplugged that and thought all was well until another BSoD this...
  5. Every Microsoft update means 1 or 2 days of nonproductivity.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Every Microsoft update means 1 or 2 days of nonproductivity.: Every month Microsoft sends an update which means 1-2 days of nonproductivity. Last month, after the update, spent days fighting the new printer driver on a printer that worked until the update. Finally, just bought a new printer which works most. This month, the update...
  6. BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent.

BSOD crash every day or so, becoming more frequent.: Hello, I'm getting a regular BSOD crash on my desktop. I've not managed to get to the bottom of what is causing it. If anybody would be able to shed some light on this, it would be most helpful. Here is my V2 log zip file: DESKTOP-OFQF522-(2020-11-24_18-52-39).zip Many...
  7. Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks

Frequent BSODs every 1 or 2 weeks: So for the last few months, I've been seeing a pattern with my BSODs. It runs fine for a week or 2, then randomly, for maybe a day or 2, I will experience very frequent BSODs - it's a healthy mix of IRQL Not less or equal, Status Service Exception most frequent, Page fault in...
  8. BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing

BSOD's every other day, need help diagnosing: Hey everyone. I have a computer that's been working great for a few years. I've been starting to get BSOD's that have been increasing in frequency over the past few months. I get one every other day now, usually page fault in non paged area and memory service exception. I...
  9. Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?: submitted by /u/kevinlar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb3iak/frequent_bsod_can_anybody_help_diagnose/
  10. Intermittent store_data_structure_corruption bsods every ~2 days

Intermittent store_data_structure_corruption bsods every ~2 days: I have a Thinkpad X1 yoga model 20JE. I have had multiple BSOD errors that occur seemingly during regular use. They occur approximately every 2 days with the error usually being STORE_DATA_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION, but a couple of times it has been IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL,...