Windows 10: Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3

Discus and support Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Good day and thank you very much for any assistance you might provide me, I really appreciate it a lot. I've recently upgraded my machine to Win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Cole_295, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Cole_295 Win User

Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3

Good day and thank you very much for any assistance you might provide me, I really appreciate it a lot.

I've recently upgraded my machine to Win 10 home from Win 7 x64, and I'm having some issues.

Specs:

AMD 8370e @4.2ghz

16gb ram

nvidia 1070

Gigabyte M5A99FX Mobo

Random HHDs

1. Im getting some freezes. It's happened a couple of times while I've been doing stuff in windows edge and more frequently it has been failing to wake up, ctrl,alt,del gives no response and computer just won't wake up.

2. Perhaps related; I'm also getting surprisingly bad performance. I'll often have to wait after right clicking the desktop or opening basic programs in windows, even the start bar. Im feeling like I've got an issue here since im sure win10 runs better than this when all is as it should be.

Solutions? Drivers?

In threads around here on similar topics I've read a lot of suggestions that this may be driver related. I have told windows to check for updates a couple times now and I seem to have everything it wants me do.

I also grabbed driver booster off of steam and it also says everything is up to date.

I've also looked over Device manager but I don't see anything flagged in there either.

And heres an image from my event viewer, taken just after I booted up today, my computer was frozen asleep last night and I powered it off.

Thanks a million for any guidance you can provide me on how to figure this out, really want to keep win10 and get my machine back to proper working order.

<3 <3

Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3 b45fd8da-31b8-4699-bec7-4a6ea2d66fde?upload=true.jpg

:)

Cole_295, Jun 25, 2019

2. Win 10 Event Viewer -- cannot save filter in Custom Views

I try to keep up a custom view for the Event Viewer. Since Win 10 was upgraded I can add exclusions such as ...-1234,-567,-89... but these are not saved upon exit from Event Viewer. Many repeated events are reported and most are not important.

Nor can I find where the filter data is stored: registry, sys32, etc.

Steps: Launch Event Viewer -- find one or more events in the custom view log -- launch Filter Current Custom View -- Add the events to be filtered out (including a (-)minus sign and comma separation. (note that in the current session, the events are
    removed as is expected) -- close the Filter Current Custom View (note that there is no Apply button) -- close and restart Event Viewer.

Results: added event filter numbers are removed from the filter list -- any filter brought over from Win 8 upgrade still remain.

Fixing this would be great. Knowing where the data is stored would also be fine.

Ed C Benson, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3

Windows 10 Event Viewer Log

Hi Debi,

As per the information, I would like to inform that the errors registered under Event Viewer may not always mean that your PC is non responsive or dysfunctional. If you have experience any crash, freeze or dysfunctionality, you can refer to the error registered
    in Event Viewer for assistance.

I suggest that you send us the screenshot of the event viewer window so that we can introspect better.

Hope this helps

Regards

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3

1. Diagnosing my freezing Win 10 (Event viewer image included) <3 - Similar Threads - Diagnosing freezing Event

2. Event Viewer Freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer Freezes: Hello, I am using Windows 10 21H1. As far as I know this has happened to every version since 1903 which I was forced to upgrade from several weeks ago.I have a fresh install and all of my drivers are up to date.If I open the event viewer mmc, open and event and then close the...
  3. Event Viewer to include the HDD SN in event logging

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer to include the HDD SN in event logging: Hi! Ima use event viewer as a logsource, but sometimes it will happen that I will need to switch the HDD with other laptops (drivers will be included so I can run the HDD on every laptop). But the goal is that even though i switch laptop i want to see the HDD SN in the event...
  4. Laptop Randomly Freezes - Record events to diagnose?

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop Randomly Freezes - Record events to diagnose?: My Alienware laptop randomly freezes and requires a hard restart. There is no rhyme or reason to it. It started happening weekly a few months after I purchased it. Of course it exited warranty while Dell was slow with assisting. After updates, it actually began occurring less...
  5. Event Viewer freezes

Event Viewer freezes: Hi, After upgrade from 1909 to 2004 and after displaying properties of a single event the event viewer freezes. I can use the up/down arrows while an event property is open but as soon as I close the event property there is no way to select anything within the event viewer...
  6. 3 month old PC randomly crashing while gaming (Event Viewer included)

3 month old PC randomly crashing while gaming (Event Viewer included): error.zip My friend recommended me to this website for posting my event viewer logs or crash dumps and having someone more tech savvy diagnose them. Thank you friends for taking the time to read this here is my zip file. i tried to read the event viewer but there was so...
  7. In my event viewer

In my event viewer: This is a laptop ASUS These events were about a few weeks old. Only recently i found some critical errors that is quite concerning to me In the event viewer under systems.. there were a few errors and critical errors. These logs doesnt look normal.. And when i check...
  8. Event Viewer - driverframeworks-usermode = freeze my pc

Event Viewer - driverframeworks-usermode = freeze my pc: Hello.. Few days ago i bought my new computer .. CPU = 9700k MAINBOARD = ASUS z390 E Gaming RAM = Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8 GB , ddr4 , 3200 Mhz , CL 16 GPU = 1080Ti Asus Strix SSD AND HDD - Drive 1 Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120GB 114.47 GB This is old too Drive 2...
  9. Fresh Win 10 install Event Viewer Errors

in Windows 10 Support
    Fresh Win 10 install Event Viewer Errors: Got a reoccurring problem with my pc shutting down unexpectedly. Thought it might be a corrupt install so i reinstalled windows 10 and the errors came back anyway. Then after a couple re-installs later and bunch of research i still came up with nothing. So i installed my...
  10. 3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    3 Day old Win 10 Install 400+ Errors in Event Viewer: Title about sums it up. Fresh windows 10 Professional 64bit install. I installed the GPU Tweak II software for my GTX 980 ti which required a system restart to complete. While restarting, an error message popped up (one of the 0x08xxxxxxxx type of errors) but then...