Windows 10: Diagnosing PC in Boot process

Discus and support Diagnosing PC in Boot process in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10. When I went to my computer this morning it had apparently done an auto reboot. It is now hung up at "Diagnosing Your PC".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelV03, May 16, 2019.

1. Diagnosing PC in Boot process

I am running Windows 10. When I went to my computer this morning it had apparently done an auto reboot. It is now hung up at "Diagnosing Your PC". Eventually it will return a message related to drive E:/ and that it is trying to recover or repair the drive. The process will begin and never progress past 0%. Eventually it will bring up a blue screen giving me the option to "shutdown" or "advanced Diagnostics" with a heading of AUTOMATIC REPAIR - "Automatic repair could not repair your PC". I eventually selected "Advanced Diagnostics", from here I selected Windows 10 thinking that it would bypass the drive E:/ issue and boot to my desktop. However it reverted back the diagnostic/repair process. How can I progress past the diagnostic process and get to my Windows screen? Any help is appreciated.

:)

MichaelV03, May 16, 2019
  2. GNJha Win User

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 16, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Windows 10 Boot process

The best explanation I have read is this link on Quora, it explains each step of the boot process in detail. While it does not list all
    the files executed - this would be not be the same on different systems, it does give an in depth explanation

Another thing you might like to look up is the difference in booting a BIOS based system as opposed to a UEFI based system -

Click HERE
    for a good article

DaveM121, May 16, 2019
  4. Diagnosing PC in Boot process

My pc takes for ever to shut down when i restart

Suggest cleaning up your startup list .There may be many services / Apps you can remove on startup which is not needed on boot or during shutdown.
    Before you shutdown the Pc check what is running in Task Manager as a program or service in not killing the process on shutdown

Would suggest cleaning up running apps and services -Autoruns, StartupMonitor,HighjackThis,
    Malware Scan - Malwarebytes,ADWcleaner, Combofix

SnakeDoctor, May 16, 2019
Thema:

Diagnosing PC in Boot process

1. Diagnosing PC in Boot process - Similar Threads - Diagnosing Boot process

2. diagnosing your pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diagnosing your pc: Good morning, I have a huge problem with turning on my computer. The "diagnosing your pc" window appears. I looked at tutorials, but they are for Windows 10, and mine is Windows 11...
  3. Diagnosing PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnosing PC: Diagnosing PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnosing-pc/29276a03-af3b-4936-8689-734c84a802a8
  4. Diagnosing PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnosing PC: Diagnosing PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnosing-pc/29276a03-af3b-4936-8689-734c84a802a8
  5. Diagnosing PC

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 stuck at "Diagnosing your PC" and will not boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 stuck at "Diagnosing your PC" and will not boot: Hello. I have an Acer Nitro 5 AN515-54 51M5 gaming laptop. Yesterday, I noticed that the Wi-Fi connection randomly dropped twice so I decided to do a Network Reset. Then, the Wi-Fi disappeared and there was no Wi-Fi options, and nothing fixed it. I updated my Wi-Fi drivers...
  7. Diagnosing your PC

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Diagnosing your PC: I turned on my pc and it went to repair the hard drive. Was expecting it to take a few minutes like normal but it kept diagnosing and repairing repeatedly. Stuck on a loop and can't get out of it. Can't use my computer or anything. all I can do is go into bios. submitted by...
  8. Help with diagnosing the issues with my PC ("Critical process died")

Help with diagnosing the issues with my PC ("Critical process died"): Hello everyone, I am not particularly good at this so I'll try my best to communicate what I'm saying. If you need any extra information, let me know. My PC (That I don't know the specs of off of the top of my head. It's Windows 10, pretty high end 3 years ago, and running...
  9. Diagnosing PC Crash

Diagnosing PC Crash: Hi, I did a hard reset of my laptop after it began to crash when I tried to log in. It didn’t help the issue but everything seemed to be working smoothly after I went into Safe Mode. I then proceeded to go through the non-Windows apps in the msconfig command prompt and it...
  10. Diagnosing Your PC when booting.

Diagnosing Your PC when booting.: When my laptop is booting (Dell Latitude E6410) the message Attempting Repairs and then a message of Diagnosing Your PC comes up. After these two messages the blue screen with a choice of Advance Repairs or Continue with Windows 10, something of this type of blue screen. I...