Windows 10: "Diagnosing your PC" on start-up

Discus and support "Diagnosing your PC" on start-up in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When I was updating my Surface 3 tablet to Windows 10, the update stuck at 95%. I had to hard reboot that ends in a black screen and white "Surface"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Briannafarias, Oct 25, 2018.

1. "Diagnosing your PC" on start-up

When I was updating my Surface 3 tablet to Windows 10, the update stuck at 95%. I had to hard reboot that ends in a black screen and white "Surface" text. I also see the spinning dots with words "Diagnosing your PC".

:)

Briannafarias, Oct 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 stuck on "Diagnosing your pc"

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the steps below.

• Press the ‘Windows + C’ key on the keyboard.

• Click on settings, change pc settings and then
      general.

• Scroll down to advanced startup, click
      restart now.

• Click on troubleshoot, advanced options,
      Startup Settings.

• Click restart, select safe mode
      and then press enter.
    Note: Restart the computer to start in normal mode.

Let us know the outcome.

Karina Aris, Oct 25, 2018
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Oct 25, 2018
  4. "Diagnosing your PC" on start-up

Always Diagnosing

Hi,

Based on the information that you've provided, the issue still persists after performing the troubleshooting steps recommended. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to experiencing the issue?
    • Were you able to try any other troubleshooting steps aside from the one suggested on this thread?

Note: To find out which version of Windows your PC is running, press
    Windows logo key + R, type winver, then select
    OK

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Oct 25, 2018
Thema:

"Diagnosing your PC" on start-up

1. "Diagnosing your PC" on start-up - Similar Threads - Diagnosing start

2. My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started: My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get my laptop working again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-runs-on-11-and-wont-get-past-diagnosing/8e1ca897-5aa4-48ef-841a-45dd5ae77b7f
  3. My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get it started: My laptop runs on 11 and won't get past diagnosing your pc. How can I get my laptop working again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-runs-on-11-and-wont-get-past-diagnosing/8e1ca897-5aa4-48ef-841a-45dd5ae77b7f
  4. Started getting regular BSOD/Crashes for the last 10 days, have not been able to diagnose

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Started getting regular BSOD/Crashes for the last 10 days, have not been able to diagnose: Started getting regular crashes from the 24th March. Crashes are random and don't seem to be connected to any particular activity. I've tried having a look using WinDbg but I don't understand the errors that are shown only that's it not just the one error. Checks I have...
  5. Started getting regular BSOD/Crashes for the last 10 days, have not been able to diagnose

Started getting regular BSOD/Crashes for the last 10 days, have not been able to diagnose: Started getting regular crashes from the 24th March. Crashes are random and don't seem to be connected to any particular activity. I've tried having a look using WinDbg but I don't understand the errors that are shown only that's it not just the one error. Checks I have...
  6. I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset...: I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset Windows 8.1 last 20min it stuck on this screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-stuck-in-diagnosing-your-pc-at-start-up-how/27273db6-840d-4191-b6bb-53b73de62f9a
  7. I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset...

I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset...: I am stuck in "Diagnosing your PC" at start up. How can I enter a safe mode to reset Windows 8.1 last 20min it stuck on this screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-stuck-in-diagnosing-your-pc-at-start-up-how/27273db6-840d-4191-b6bb-53b73de62f9a
  8. Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440: Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440: Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PC: Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440When booting up:Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PCI see alwaysI have tried 1Safe Mode, Uninstall the latest quality update, Restore back to point 18-10-2021 : same symptom2Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Startup Repair: same...
  9. Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440: Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440: Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PC: Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440When booting up:Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PCI see alwaysI have tried 1Safe Mode, Uninstall the latest quality update, Restore back to point 18-10-2021 : same symptom2Troubleshoot> Advanced options > Startup Repair: same...
  10. Can NOT start up my PC: HP Z440: Prepare Automatic Repair - Diagnosing your PC

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows startup diagnosing your pc