Windows 10: Diagnosing your PC

Discus and support Diagnosing your PC in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I turned on my pc and it went to repair the hard drive. Was expecting it to take a few minutes like normal but it kept diagnosing and repairing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/legokid255, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Diagnosing your PC

I turned on my pc and it went to repair the hard drive. Was expecting it to take a few minutes like normal but it kept diagnosing and repairing repeatedly. Stuck on a loop and can't get out of it. Can't use my computer or anything. all I can do is go into bios.

submitted by /u/legokid255
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/legokid255, Aug 27, 2020

2. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Aug 27, 2020
  3. Always Diagnosing

Hi,

Based on the information that you've provided, the issue still persists after performing the troubleshooting steps recommended. To isolate your concern, we'd like to ask the following:

• Which version of Windows are you using?
    • Have you made any recent changes prior to experiencing the issue?
    • Were you able to try any other troubleshooting steps aside from the one suggested on this thread?

Note: To find out which version of Windows your PC is running, press
    Windows logo key + R, type winver, then select
    OK

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Eileen Gal, Aug 27, 2020
  4. Jomel Ber Win User

Diagnosing your PC

Windows 10 diagnosing your pc

Hi Steph,

We would like to know more about this concern to better assist you.

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Did you receive an error code or message?
    • Did you make any changes prior to this concern?

We also suggest that you follow these steps on how to boot your computer to safe mode:

• Press the Windows + C on the keyboard.

• Click Settings, Change PC Settings and then
      General.

• Scroll down to Advanced Startup, then click
      Restart now.

• Click on Troubleshoot, Advanced Options, then click Startup Settings.

• Click Restart, select safe mode
      and then press Enter.

Update us on the result.

Thank you.

Jomel Ber, Aug 27, 2020
Thema:

Diagnosing your PC

1. Diagnosing your PC - Similar Threads - Diagnosing

2. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  3. How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to diagnose why desktop is entering "away mode" instead of entering sleep: Hi all,When I click on sleep from the start menu, sometimes my desktop will enter "away mode" according to even viewer instead of going to sleep. This is very annoying as I have to use hibernate instead of sleep which takes a while to wake up from.Once my desktop has been on...
  4. Help with diagnosing BSOD dump file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with diagnosing BSOD dump file: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : true...
  5. Help with diagnosing BSOD dump file

Help with diagnosing BSOD dump file: ************* Preparing the environment for Debugger Extensions Gallery repositories ************** ExtensionRepository : Implicit UseExperimentalFeatureForNugetShare : true AllowNugetExeUpdate : true NonInteractiveNuget : true AllowNugetMSCredentialProviderInstall : true...
  6. Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.: --------------- Diagnostics --------------- Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 1818866698650931750, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: THXService.exe P2: 1.0.0.1 P3: 5d81b8c9 P4: StackHash_b1cc P5:...
  7. Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.

Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.: --------------- Diagnostics --------------- Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 1818866698650931750, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: THXService.exe P2: 1.0.0.1 P3: 5d81b8c9 P4: StackHash_b1cc P5:...
  8. How to diagnose repeated crashing caused by nvlddmkm.sys?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to diagnose repeated crashing caused by nvlddmkm.sys?: Hi.Would appreciate some help with my PC which is repeatedly crashing to BSOD about once per day.I'm running a Lenovo Legion T5 desktop PC with Windows 11 installed. Processor is i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz. 32GB RAM. GPU is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.Let me give some context to the...
  9. How to diagnose repeated crashing caused by nvlddmkm.sys?

How to diagnose repeated crashing caused by nvlddmkm.sys?: Hi.Would appreciate some help with my PC which is repeatedly crashing to BSOD about once per day.I'm running a Lenovo Legion T5 desktop PC with Windows 11 installed. Processor is i5-10400 CPU @ 2.90GHz. 32GB RAM. GPU is NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070.Let me give some context to the...
  10. Help Diagnosing Watchdog Clock Error

Help Diagnosing Watchdog Clock Error: Hey Everyone, need some help furthering my diagnosis of a system freeze/BSOD as I've hit a dead end.Background:This is a custom built PC where I've just replaced the CPU i7 13700K, Motherboard MAG Z790 Tomahawk Wifi, RAM 32 GB of DDR 5, and OS fresh windows 11 install. There...