Windows 10: Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

Discus and support Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10, latest version. I have been unable for a while now to change Diagnostic Data to Full, in order to re-enter the Windows Insider Program (I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by underprivlidged, May 4, 2020.

1. Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

Windows 10, latest version. I have been unable for a while now to change Diagnostic Data to Full, in order to re-enter the Windows Insider Program (I was in it for a previous machine I had built, but neglected to join asap when building this current pc).

I have tried quite a few of things, like the registry changes, the group policy edits, and more. I have been at my wits end with this, since I have been really wanting to get back to slow ring testing now that my machine is stable/complete.

:)

underprivlidged, May 4, 2020

2. How to change diagnostic data to basic?

Privacy -> Diagnostics & Feedback -> Diagnostic Data

I am presented with two options, "Basic" and "Full" and neither are greyed out. The default is "Full" but I select "Basic." Then I leave the page and come back to it later, and "Full" is selected again.

I've gone back and forth several times.

How do I change to "Basic"?

And if I can't, why am I being given the option?

CallyWindLuv, May 4, 2020
  3. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

Hi Jack,

Feedback Hub is embedded to Windows 10 and cannot be uninstalled and reinstalled to troubleshoot this app. However, you can clear the cache in the app to make it work properly again. Clearing the cache is needed periodically
    to all Windows apps to clean all the temporary data stored on your computer.

To do this, here's what you can do:

• Perform the WSReset command to clear the store app’s cache and reset it to a clean state
      (This also applies to built-in apps of Windows 10). To do so, follow the steps below:
    1. Press Windows + R to open the Run window.
    2. Type in WSReset.exe, then click
      OK
    3. Wait for the command to finish.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, May 4, 2020
  4. GLN(2) Win User

Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

How to change diagnostic & data settings from Basic to Full?

My diagnostic & data setting is shown as Basic and cannot be changed. How can I change this to Full?

GLN(2), May 4, 2020
Thema:

Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

1. Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ? - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Data always

2. Diagnostics and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostics and data: Why are my settings for Diagnostics and Data greyed out. I am the only person using this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-and-data/3062f3a9-5fca-4633-a43b-ee79ca9bff14
  3. Diagnostics and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostics and data: Why are my settings for Diagnostics and Data greyed out. I am the only person using this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-and-data/3062f3a9-5fca-4633-a43b-ee79ca9bff14
  4. Diagnostics data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostics data: Hello!I bought my pc 8 months agoits not school computer,and I can't put this to send full diagnostics data,is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-data/aefb85d2-03f5-4443-9a3d-986b0f1da574
  5. Diagnostics data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostics data: Hello!I bought my pc 8 months agoits not school computer,and I can't put this to send full diagnostics data,is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-data/aefb85d2-03f5-4443-9a3d-986b0f1da574
  6. Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option: I recently wanted to join the insider program but windows told me to change my diagnostic data to full. but when i went to check it there was no option for "Full". There was only Required data and Optional data. How do i fix this?[ATTACH]...
  7. How to change diagnostic data to basic?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change diagnostic data to basic?: Privacy -> Diagnostics & Feedback -> Diagnostic Data I am presented with two options, "Basic" and "Full" and neither are greyed out. The default is "Full" but I select "Basic." Then I leave the page and come back to it later, and "Full" is selected again. I've gone back and...
  8. Diagnostic data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic data: How long Microsoft retain its collected customer diagnostic data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-data/e431ffc5-1b83-48ca-b775-864d097677d5
  9. Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.

Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.: This prevents me from sending any feedback from the hub, which requires this option to be set to Full. Tried many thing including resetting, bit so far I can't make it work. Any help? Thanks!...
  10. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full: My attempt to submit feedback fails, because this is disabled, and I can't change it in order to be able to submit feedback - where 'submit' is disabled for this reason....