Windows 10: Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

Discus and support Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Rajiv Rajani, Jul 9, 2021.

1. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me in enabling the option for selection.Thanks & Regards!

:)

Rajiv Rajani, Jul 9, 2021

2. The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi Danilo,

I'm sorry that the issue still persists and as a next step in resolving your issue, I suggest you follow the below instructions to uninstall the Diagnostic Data Viewer and install it again.

To uninstall the Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Step 1:

Go to Search Box next to Windows icon & Type Apps & features

Step 2:

Click on Apps & features to open the settings page

Step 3:

On the right side of the page scroll down to see the Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 4:

Select Diagnostic Data Viewer & click Uninstall

Step 5:

Restart the computer after uninstallation completes.

Now to Install the Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Step 1:

Goto Search Box next to Windows Icon & Type Privacy Settings

Step 2:

Click to open Privacy Settings & then select Diagnostic & feedback

Step 3:

On the right side scroll down under diagnostic & feedback to see Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 4:

Under Diagnostic Data Viewer click Diagnostic Data Viewer tab

Step 5:

The above step will open Microsoft Store which will prompt you to Install Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 6:

Click Install

Step 7:

Restart Computer after installation completes

Step 8:

Go to Search Box next to Windows Icon & Type Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 9:

Click on the Diagnostic Data Viewer app to open it.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 9, 2021
  3. Display driver not supporting and device manager not showing Display adapter option

Hi Maheen,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons:

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    Try the steps listed here and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to download and install all the available Windows Updates including Optional Updates. Check if it helps.

Method 2:

If the issue persists, i suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Now restart your computer and check, if the problem persists try step 2.

Step 2:

Re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Let us know if the issue is resolved or if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help.

Akheel Ahmed, Jul 9, 2021
  4. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, a Windows expert here to help resolve your issue & I understand that the Diagnostic Data Viewer is getting closed immediately soon after it opens. I would suggest you follow the below to resolve the issue.

Step 1:

Click on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, turn off View diagnostic data on the right side

Step 2:

Restart Computer

Step 3:

Click on Diagnostics & feedback on the left side, turn On View diagnostic data on the right side

Step4:

Now try opening the Diagnostic Data Viewer

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Jul 9, 2021
Thema:

Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

1. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled. - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Data displays

2. optional diagnostic data greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    optional diagnostic data greyed out: i cant press it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optional-diagnostic-data-greyed-out/37c0c435-28eb-4bf2-993c-c4e3aa07a1b6
  3. Optional diagnostic data greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional diagnostic data greyed out: So I was trying to turn on the optional diagnostic data on windows 10 but for some reason it seems to have been greyed out can someone help? I was doing this to get windows 11 and my computer is compatible and meets the requirements for windows 11 so I don't think that is...
  4. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  5. Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data

Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data: Pls help i am not able to click on optional diagnostic data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-graying-of-optional-diagnostic-data/0de6793b-f305-4375-9a34-89dfdc2538d3
  6. Optional Diagnostic Data is greyed out

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Optional Diagnostic Data is greyed out: Hello, yes as you can see my optional diagnostic data is greyed out, i want to turn on windows insider preview cuz i want to try 21H1, but i cant turn it on, and i have been browsing for almost hour, and they told me to start Connected User Experience and Telemetry, i check...
  7. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  8. Problems changing the diagnostic data option

Problems changing the diagnostic data option: I'm interested in trialing the Windows 11 build however to do that I need to turn on "Optional diagnostic data". When I turn this on and go to any other part of settings or close settings it disables this and goes back to the "Required diagnostic data" option. I've looked to...
  9. Browsers affected by Optional diagnostic data

in Browsers and Email
    Browsers affected by Optional diagnostic data: The option "Optional diagnostic data" will send info about websites you browse, according to Settings. But doesn't specify which browsers are that. If that'll be only Edge, or any URL from any browser, say Firefox, Chrome, Opera, etc. etc. Any ideas on this? - - - Updated - -...
  10. Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option: I recently wanted to join the insider program but windows told me to change my diagnostic data to full. but when i went to check it there was no option for "Full". There was only Required data and Optional data. How do i fix this?[ATTACH]...