Windows 10: Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

Discus and support Diagnostic data/Problem Reports in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed diagnostic data viewer and see a bunch of issues which apparently have been reported to Microsoft I guess, not 100% sure, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keithyzappa, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

I recently installed diagnostic data viewer and see a bunch of issues which apparently have been reported to Microsoft I guess, not 100% sure, but these issue on my PC will they be fixed by updates or would I have to take PC to a technician for repairs. Note PC still running good from what can tell, but I would rather have these fixed as I hate things not working 100%.

* Moved from education

:)

keithyzappa, Jul 18, 2019
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Diagnostic data/Problem Reports :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

Child activity reporting

Thank you for the response.

Let's update the privacy settings on your child's device to get accurate usage data report of websites visited, refer to the steps below:

• On the child's device, press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Go to Settings, then click Privacy, then click Feedback & diagnostics.
    • Under Diagnostic and usage data, make sure the level is set to Enhanced or Full. If it's set to Basic, child activity will not be reported.

Kindly give us an update on how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

1. Diagnostic data/Problem Reports - Similar Threads - Diagnostic data Problem

2. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  3. Memory Diagnostic Report

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory Diagnostic Report: I am testing a Windows 10 laptop for memory problems. I ran the standard diagnostic process which restarts the machine. Unfortunately, the diagnostic report is not shown. Apparently this is by design. According to responses to this site, rather than present a message, it...
  4. Diagnostics and data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostics and data: Why are my settings for Diagnostics and Data greyed out. I am the only person using this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-and-data/3062f3a9-5fca-4633-a43b-ee79ca9bff14
  5. Diagnostics and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostics and data: Why are my settings for Diagnostics and Data greyed out. I am the only person using this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-and-data/3062f3a9-5fca-4633-a43b-ee79ca9bff14
  6. Diagnostics data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostics data: Hello!I bought my pc 8 months agoits not school computer,and I can't put this to send full diagnostics data,is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-data/aefb85d2-03f5-4443-9a3d-986b0f1da574
  7. Diagnostics data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostics data: Hello!I bought my pc 8 months agoits not school computer,and I can't put this to send full diagnostics data,is there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-data/aefb85d2-03f5-4443-9a3d-986b0f1da574
  8. Problems changing the diagnostic data option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Problems changing the diagnostic data option: I'm interested in trialing the Windows 11 build however to do that I need to turn on "Optional diagnostic data". When I turn this on and go to any other part of settings or close settings it disables this and goes back to the "Required diagnostic data" option. I've looked to...
  9. Problem with Diagnostics data.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Problem with Diagnostics data.: Hello, i have a little problem with diagnostics data. I cant share full diagnostics data to windows, and then my computer when i am opening some apps my computer send me notification like this "You will need a new app to open this" something like that. I tried to check on...
  10. Diagnostic data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic data: How long Microsoft retain its collected customer diagnostic data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-data/e431ffc5-1b83-48ca-b775-864d097677d5