Windows 10: Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

Discus and support Diagnostic data/Problem Reports in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed diagnostic data viewer and see a bunch of issues which apparently have been reported to Microsoft I guess, not 100% sure, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by keithyzappa, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

I recently installed diagnostic data viewer and see a bunch of issues which apparently have been reported to Microsoft I guess, not 100% sure, but these issue on my PC will they be fixed by updates or would I have to take PC to a technician for repairs. Note PC still running good from what can tell, but I would rather have these fixed as I hate things not working 100%.

* Moved from education

:)

keithyzappa, Jul 18, 2019
  2. ElceeT Win User

Incorrect System Report

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have run the Windows Memory Diagnostic and the report indicated that no memory problems were detected. Status remains the same - 2GB of RAM instead of 6GB.

I do not have any obvious performance issues on this system. I have another Windows 10 installation on a secondary laptop and the system specs are reported accurately on that installation.

ElceeT, Jul 18, 2019
  3. Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Diagnostic data/Problem Reports :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jul 18, 2019
  4. Ferdz Amp Win User

Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

Child activity reporting

Thank you for the response.

Let's update the privacy settings on your child's device to get accurate usage data report of websites visited, refer to the steps below:

• On the child's device, press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
    • Go to Settings, then click Privacy, then click Feedback & diagnostics.
    • Under Diagnostic and usage data, make sure the level is set to Enhanced or Full. If it's set to Basic, child activity will not be reported.

Kindly give us an update on how it goes and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Jul 18, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostic data/Problem Reports

1. Diagnostic data/Problem Reports - Similar Threads - Diagnostic data Problem

2. Diagnostic data

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic data: How long Microsoft retain its collected customer diagnostic data ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-data/e431ffc5-1b83-48ca-b775-864d097677d5
  3. Diagnostic Data Viewer needs...

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostic Data Viewer needs...: Hi I'm attempting to run the Diagnostic Data viewer but when I do I get the message: 'The Connected User Experiences & Telemetry service must be enabled...' How do I enable that please? I have gone to services but starting the service is grayed out. 140149
  4. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...
  5. Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Problem Reporting uploading a lot of data?: Hiya. I was recently checking my network activity for the last month, and I found something that seemed very odd to me. I was wondering, isn't it a bit unusual that Windows Problem Reporting (wermgr.exe) has uploaded over 21GB of data in the last 29 days, even though I...
  6. Diagnostic Data Viewer - Yes or No

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostic Data Viewer - Yes or No: Any reasons to Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer? Thanks, cb 110695
  7. Can't customize Diagnostic Data

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't customize Diagnostic Data: In Settings | Privacy | Feedback & Diagnostics, the Diagnostic Data area is greyed, so I can't select Full (Basic is in force, and Enhanced is absent), and the red "Some settings are hidden..." message appears on top. I'm sure it's due to some policy setting, so can someone...
  8. How to Respond to This System Diagnostic Report?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to Respond to This System Diagnostic Report?: I ran the System Diagnostics Report that is generated in Computer Management under Performance--Data Collector Sets--System—System Diagnostics. Here is a screenshot summary of the results (the full System Diagnostic Report is 123 pages long). My system appears to be...
  9. PC Diagnostic Report from Norton

in Windows 10 Support
    PC Diagnostic Report from Norton: I ran a Diagnostic Report from my Norton Internet Security Online antivirus, and its saying that my OS isn't fully patched or updated. Can someone help me figure out what I need to do to fix this from it saying this message? 26380
  10. Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10: How to: Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10 How to Delete Diagnostic Data in Windows 10 Microsoft uses Windows diagnostic data to focus their decisions and efforts to provide you with the most robust and valuable platform possible. By participating in the diagnostic...