Windows 10: Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

Discus and support Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I recently wanted to join the insider program but windows told me to change my diagnostic data to full. but when i went to check it there was no option... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 22_211, Oct 25, 2020.

1. 22_211 Win User

Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

I recently wanted to join the insider program but windows told me to change my diagnostic data to full. but when i went to check it there was no option for "Full". There was only Required data and Optional data.

How do i fix this? Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option 87174dbe-0c45-460b-bce4-6ddcf5d8010b?upload=true.jpg

:)

22_211, Oct 25, 2020

2. How to change diagnostic data to basic?

Privacy -> Diagnostics & Feedback -> Diagnostic Data

I am presented with two options, "Basic" and "Full" and neither are greyed out. The default is "Full" but I select "Basic." Then I leave the page and come back to it later, and "Full" is selected again.

I've gone back and forth several times.

How do I change to "Basic"?

And if I can't, why am I being given the option?

CallyWindLuv, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi Danilo,

I'm sorry that the issue still persists and as a next step in resolving your issue, I suggest you follow the below instructions to uninstall the Diagnostic Data Viewer and install it again.

To uninstall the Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Step 1:

Go to Search Box next to Windows icon & Type Apps & features

Step 2:

Click on Apps & features to open the settings page

Step 3:

On the right side of the page scroll down to see the Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 4:

Select Diagnostic Data Viewer & click Uninstall

Step 5:

Restart the computer after uninstallation completes.

Now to Install the Diagnostic Data Viewer:

Step 1:

Goto Search Box next to Windows Icon & Type Privacy Settings

Step 2:

Click to open Privacy Settings & then select Diagnostic & feedback

Step 3:

On the right side scroll down under diagnostic & feedback to see Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 4:

Under Diagnostic Data Viewer click Diagnostic Data Viewer tab

Step 5:

The above step will open Microsoft Store which will prompt you to Install Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 6:

Click Install

Step 7:

Restart Computer after installation completes

Step 8:

Go to Search Box next to Windows Icon & Type Diagnostic Data Viewer

Step 9:

Click on the Diagnostic Data Viewer app to open it.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option

1. Diagnostic Data ; There is no Full or Basic option - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Data Full

2. Optional diagnostic data greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Optional diagnostic data greyed out: So I was trying to turn on the optional diagnostic data on windows 10 but for some reason it seems to have been greyed out can someone help? I was doing this to get windows 11 and my computer is compatible and meets the requirements for windows 11 so I don't think that is...
  3. Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data

Can't switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data: Hi, I cant switch from Required diagnostic data to Optional diagnostic data. Pls helpVideo: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iO4ggbV0Mw4QCHed6fvK5POEJHCUV7ZV/view?usp=sharing...
  4. Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data

Removing the graying of optional diagnostic data: Pls help i am not able to click on optional diagnostic data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-the-graying-of-optional-diagnostic-data/0de6793b-f305-4375-9a34-89dfdc2538d3
  5. Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Diagnostic Data displays Optional as disabled.: Hello Team,I am looking out to enable the option for Diagnostic Data = "Optional". Noticed it being disabled I would need pointers which would help me in enabling the option for selection.Thanks & Regards!...
  6. optional diagnostic data unable to be changed

optional diagnostic data unable to be changed: I was trying to sign up for the windows insider programme, it asked me to turn diagnostic data from required to optional. It allows me to change it, but as soon as I exit the page the setting will go back to requiredis this a oversight on my end?thanks in advance...
  7. Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostic Data always reverting to Basic ?: Windows 10, latest version. I have been unable for a while now to change Diagnostic Data to Full, in order to re-enter the Windows Insider Program (I was in it for a previous machine I had built, but neglected to join asap when building this current pc). I have tried quite a...
  8. How to change diagnostic data to basic?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change diagnostic data to basic?: Privacy -> Diagnostics & Feedback -> Diagnostic Data I am presented with two options, "Basic" and "Full" and neither are greyed out. The default is "Full" but I select "Basic." Then I leave the page and come back to it later, and "Full" is selected again. I've gone back and...
  9. Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.

Unable to change Privacy diagnostic data from basic to full.: This prevents me from sending any feedback from the hub, which requires this option to be set to Full. Tried many thing including resetting, bit so far I can't make it work. Any help? Thanks!...
  10. Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't change diagnostic data from basic to full: My attempt to submit feedback fails, because this is disabled, and I can't change it in order to be able to submit feedback - where 'submit' is disabled for this reason....