Windows 10: Diagnostic Data Viewer needs...

Discus and support Diagnostic Data Viewer needs... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I'm attempting to run the Diagnostic Data viewer but when I do I get the message: 'The Connected User Experiences & Telemetry service must be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FrankS, Sep 8, 2019.

1. FrankS Win User

Diagnostic Data Viewer needs...

Hi
    I'm attempting to run the Diagnostic Data viewer but when I do I get the message: 'The Connected User Experiences & Telemetry service must be enabled...' How do I enable that please?
    I have gone to services but starting the service is grayed out.

:)

FrankS, Sep 8, 2019

2. Diagnostic Data Viewer - Yes or No

The Diagnostic Data Viewer is a Windows app that lets you review the diagnostic data your device is sending to Microsoft, grouping the info into simple categories based on how it's used by Microsoft.

Information from:

Diagnostic Data Viewer Overview (Windows 10) | Microsoft Docs

Access Denied, Sep 8, 2019
  3. abredt Win User
    Diagnostic Data Viewer - Yes or No

Any reasons to Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer?

Thanks, cb

abredt, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Diagnostic Data Viewer needs...

Microsoft to Introduce Telemetry Data Viewer for Windows

Remember all that talk and noise regarding Microsoft's "automagical" telemetry data collection, and how that spurred the company to create a "telemetry-less" version of its Windows 10 operating system for the Chinese market? It seems Microsoft is keen to keep giving users more information on exactly what information is gathered and when - slowly but assuredly striving for greater transparency, and looking to garner increased trust from consumers and enterprises alike.

The much awaited capability is being baked in to the next major Windows 10 release, and Microsoft is giving Windows Insiders an early preview of the Windows Diagnostic Data Viewer utility. Adding to this new utility are some changes to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard that will enable users to see and manage more data associated with their Microsoft accounts. Available to everyone in the Microsoft Store, the Diagnostic Data Viewer is separate from the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard, and "allows you to see, search, and take action with your diagnostic data." It's not clear yet what sort of telemetry features users will be able to stop Microsoft from collecting, if any. However, at least now you'll be able to look at exactly which processes and services are collecting data form your system. The diagnostic data that will be viewable in the new utility follows.

Diagnostic Data Viewer needs... yDvisPRlBWJ8AKA6_thm.jpg

• Common Data, like the Operating System's name, the Version, Device ID, Device Class, Diagnostic level selection and so on.
    • Device Connectivity and Configuration such as device properties and capabilities, preferences and settings, peripherals, and device network information.
    • Product and Service Performance data that show device health, performance and reliability data, movie consumption functionality on the device and device file queries. It's important to note that this functionality is not intended to capture user viewing or, listening habits.
    • Product and Service Usage data includes details about the usage of the device, operating system, applications, and services.
    • Software Setup and Inventory such as installed applications and install history, device update information.
    Microsoft Privacy Dashboard
    Updates to the Microsoft Privacy Dashboard include a new Activity History page, which aims to provide a clear and easy to navigate way to see the data that is saved with users' Microsoft accounts. The Microsoft Privacy Dashboard further allows users to manage their data and change what data is collected by adjusting the privacy settings on their devices or browser at any time.

In the coming months, Microsoft will keep the slow roll-out of additional features that will allow users to:
    • View and manage media consumption data, as well as product and service activity on the Activity History page
    • Export for any of the data you see on the dashboard
    • Delete specific items to allow for greater individual control

Raevenlord, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostic Data Viewer needs...

1. Diagnostic Data Viewer needs... - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Data Viewer

2. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  3. About a Diagnostic Data Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About a Diagnostic Data Viewer: Does Diagnostic Data Viewer will send problem reports, including driver error, app crashes, program stop working, BSOD?Diagnostic Data Viewer need internet connection to send to Microsoft to fix problems, true or false?...
  4. Diagnostics and data

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostics and data: Why are my settings for Diagnostics and Data greyed out. I am the only person using this computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostics-and-data/3062f3a9-5fca-4633-a43b-ee79ca9bff14
  5. How to disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    How to disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 11: [ATTACH]In this post, we will help you disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 11. Users of the Windows 11/10 operating system can easily enable and use Diagnostic Data Viewer that helps to view the information (or diagnostic data) sent to Microsoft from the user system. If...
  6. Diagnostic Data viewer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Diagnostic Data viewer: Says: The current user has no access to local diagnostic data. How would I know that any diagnostic data is created at all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-data-viewer/fee60f6e-c1f4-4974-9505-3a561f38ae24
  7. diagnostic data viewer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    diagnostic data viewer: hi I can get access to the diagnostic data viewer when I open the app a message pops up saying The current user has no access to local diagnostic data. I'm running Win 10 pro version 2004 insiders preview...
  8. Diagnostic Data Viewer Database Files

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostic Data Viewer Database Files: I recently investigated using the Diagnostic Data Viewer on my Dell Inspiron 3670. I decided not to use it and deleted the downloaded app from my Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.752 x64 system. However, I'm still generating it's database files - [ATTACH] and would like to...
  9. Diagnostic Data Viewer - Yes or No

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagnostic Data Viewer - Yes or No: Any reasons to Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer? Thanks, cb 110695
  10. Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Diagnostic Data Viewer in Windows 10 Microsoft uses Windows diagnostic data to focus their decisions and efforts to provide you with the most robust and valuable platform possible....