Windows 10: Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

Discus and support Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I went into msconfig and changed to boot in diagnostics mode and clicked restart. Now I cant get into windows, im only seeing this screen:[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JAManfredi, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

So I went into msconfig and changed to boot in diagnostics mode and clicked restart.

Now I cant get into windows, im only seeing this screen:Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available [​IMG]

Selecting “Set up my pin” does nothing. There are no options for other login methods or anything.

Repair didnt do anything nor did uninstalling thr latest updates. I also tried to run a backup via command line, but apparently that cant be done in windows recovery mode. If I try to boot to safe mode that still takes me to this screen.

is there anything i can do to boot normally or fix this?!

:)

JAManfredi, Feb 15, 2021

2. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

Problem with dvd writer in HP dv 6700 laptop

Thankyou, the laptop isn’t my main computer, but I will run the diagnostics program as suggested

reddwarf4ever, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

1. Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Mode Pin

2. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin isn’t available on login.: I’ve been able to get into the recovery environment but couldn’t remember my password so I reset it. But now it’s not accepting my password that I reset it to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-isnt-available-on-login/05b13025-3ba7-4c11-ac2c-baf17231ac96
  3. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isn’t available on login.: I’ve been able to get into the recovery environment but couldn’t remember my password so I reset it. But now it’s not accepting my password that I reset it to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-isnt-available-on-login/05b13025-3ba7-4c11-ac2c-baf17231ac96
  4. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Pin isn’t available. Set Up Pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isn’t available. Set Up Pin: Windows 11 on start says “ something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again”Click “Set up my pin” and a pop up says “search for app in app store? You need to install an app for this task. Yes or no? Click “yes” and im back to the pin isnt...
  6. Pin isn’t available. Set Up Pin

Pin isn’t available. Set Up Pin: Windows 11 on start says “ something happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again”Click “Set up my pin” and a pop up says “search for app in app store? You need to install an app for this task. Yes or no? Click “yes” and im back to the pin isnt...
  7. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.: Hi, first time poster here. I’m very confused and frustrated and need some help. I opened up my laptop and it immediately ran an update. It seemingly went fine. But when I went to sign-in after it finished, I received the following error message:Something happened and your...
  8. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.: Hi, first time poster here. I’m very confused and frustrated and need some help. I opened up my laptop and it immediately ran an update. It seemingly went fine. But when I went to sign-in after it finished, I received the following error message:Something happened and your...
  9. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.

10. Pin isn’t available,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin isn’t available,: After an update it says my pin is missing that i need to set up a new one. But i cant because im waiting for my details to update. it wont let me sign in with my password either...