Windows 10: Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

Discus and support Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; So I went into msconfig and changed to boot in diagnostics mode and clicked restart. Now I cant get into windows, im only seeing this screen:[IMG]... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by JAManfredi, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

So I went into msconfig and changed to boot in diagnostics mode and clicked restart.

Now I cant get into windows, im only seeing this screen:Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available [​IMG]

Selecting “Set up my pin” does nothing. There are no options for other login methods or anything.

Repair didnt do anything nor did uninstalling thr latest updates. I also tried to run a backup via command line, but apparently that cant be done in windows recovery mode. If I try to boot to safe mode that still takes me to this screen.

is there anything i can do to boot normally or fix this?!

:)

JAManfredi, Feb 15, 2021

2. Stuck in diagnostic mode, PIN # not accepted, please help

I had no issues with my computer prior. I simply was following some online suggestions for ways to reduce lag in an online game we like to play. The suggestion was to turn diagnostic mode on, which I did. I shut my computer off and when I turned it back on and entered my PIN # it said it was incorrect, yet, it is indeed correct. This started a week worth of nonstop research on how to undo this mess. I can hold the shift key down while restarting my computer and I get a blue screen where I have several options. I have tried restarting my computer to previous version, does not work. I have gone to troubleshooting, advance, options and I get to the point that I can see a list of options like safe mode and etc. but cannot click on any options in the list, instead it says restart computer to get me to those options which when I restart takes me right back to the Windows login screen. I tried to pull up command prompt and it asks for my PIN # which it will not accept. I click on forgot password and it restarts PC and takes me right back to the windows login screen where my PIN is still not accepted. I try to get to safe mode, it asks for the user account and then the PIN # that again, it will not accept. I have turned the PC on and off 3 times to start the auto repair and it just takes me to the same screen as holding down the shift key when restarting. I don't know what else to do, I cannot get to safe mode because it requires a PIN # that it does not accept, I cannot get into command prompt because it requires a PIN # that again says is incorrect, I cannot get anywhere with any of the online options or directions I see that works for many people. WHAT DO I DO? Any help or suggestions??

thytaysmom, Feb 15, 2021
  3. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

Problem with dvd writer in HP dv 6700 laptop

Thankyou, the laptop isn’t my main computer, but I will run the diagnostics program as suggested

reddwarf4ever, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available

1. Diagnostic Mode - Pin isn’t available - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Mode Pin

2. pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pin isn’t available: i’ve tried resetting the pc and everything but nothing works, i’m met with the “pin isn’t available” and “explorer.exe system error. I’ve tried using a hard drive to reset the pc, it takes me to a command prompt where i’m not allowed to type...
  3. pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pin isn’t available: i’ve tried resetting the pc and everything but nothing works, i’m met with the “pin isn’t available” and “explorer.exe system error. I’ve tried using a hard drive to reset the pc, it takes me to a command prompt where i’m not allowed to type...
  4. Pin isn’t available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isn’t available: In my laptop I can’t enter my workspace, as it says that my pin isn’t available, and when I click the set up your pin again option, in the verify your email section, where I have to enter an email I have in order to receive a code so I can proceed to setting up my pin, I...
  5. Pin isn’t available

Pin isn’t available: In my laptop I can’t enter my workspace, as it says that my pin isn’t available, and when I click the set up your pin again option, in the verify your email section, where I have to enter an email I have in order to receive a code so I can proceed to setting up my pin, I...
  6. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Pin isn’t available on login.: I’ve been able to get into the recovery environment but couldn’t remember my password so I reset it. But now it’s not accepting my password that I reset it to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-isnt-available-on-login/05b13025-3ba7-4c11-ac2c-baf17231ac96
  7. Pin isn’t available on login.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin isn’t available on login.: I’ve been able to get into the recovery environment but couldn’t remember my password so I reset it. But now it’s not accepting my password that I reset it to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pin-isnt-available-on-login/05b13025-3ba7-4c11-ac2c-baf17231ac96
  8. Pin isn’t available on login.

9. Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Something happened and your pin isn’t available. Unable to setup new pin or run diagnostics.: Hi, first time poster here. I’m very confused and frustrated and need some help. I opened up my laptop and it immediately ran an update. It seemingly went fine. But when I went to sign-in after it finished, I received the following error message:Something happened and your...
  10. Pin isn’t available,

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Pin isn’t available,: After an update it says my pin is missing that i need to set up a new one. But i cant because im waiting for my details to update. it wont let me sign in with my password either...