Windows 10: diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with...

Discus and support diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having problems with connecting to my normal network. It will randomly disconnect and, when trying to reconnect, a message that says "can't connect... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by matías galarraga, Sep 21, 2020.

1. diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with...

I'm having problems with connecting to my normal network. It will randomly disconnect and, when trying to reconnect, a message that says "can't connect to this network" appears. Even though the router says there is a connection and all the other devices in the house work fine, my computer doesn't.

In the midst of trying to find the root of the problem, I found that a number of services peak in CPU and memory usage when I disconnect from my network: network location awareness, diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system network restricted. I looked them up online; one blog post said that peaks in network location awareness might be due to the NIC drivers not being updated, but they are.

This started to happen a few hours after I tried to solve another connection issue I had when gaming online. I ran the following command prompts:

ipconfig/release

ipconfig/renew
    ipconfig /flushdns
    netsh int ip reset c:\tcp.txt
    netsh winsock reset

And after those, I performed a Network Reset. None of those attemps at solving the first problem problem worked so I gave up, and then the disconnect thing started happening.

I'm kind of stuck !

:)

matías galarraga, Sep 21, 2020
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

Group Policy Client Services

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. May I know, which version of Windows is installed on your computer?
    2. Is your system connected to Domain network?

If you are not on a domain network you can try the troubleshooting steps provided below.

Method 1: Winsock reset.

1. Start your PC in safe mode.
    2. Once you are on the same mode.
    3. Search for Command Prompt on the Start Menu.
    4. Right click and Run as Administrator.
    5. Type in netsh winsock reset
      on the command prompt and hit enter.
    6. Reboot the computer and check.

If you still face the issue you can try the suggestion

How to fix "The Group Policy Client service failed the logon. Access denied." error?
    Posted by Mohammad Iqubal, However from this article I suggest you not to delete the data, you can try to move
    it to a safe location.

If you still face the issue, reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Sep 21, 2020
  4. diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with...

Windows 10 error: "Windows couldn't connect to the Group Policy Client service. Please consult your system administrator"

Hi Rico,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with accessing the operating system.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which edition of Windows Operating System are you using?
    • What all the troubleshooting steps have you performed?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on your Operating System?
    • Have you installed any third-party anti-virus software on your system?

I suggest you to try few of the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to Stop the Group Policy service, restart and set it to Automatic.

Group Policy Client service, this service is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computers and users through the Group Policy component. If the service
    is disabled the settings will be applied and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy.

Step 1: Stop the Group Policy Client service.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Group Policy Client service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with...

1. diagnostic policy service, dns client, network list service and local system messing with... - Similar Threads - diagnostic policy service

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. Diagnostic policy service not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  5. DNS Client Service Issue

DNS Client Service Issue: Hello. After getting "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN" in many websites, I tried to fix this by restarting the DNS client service. The problem is that there are no clickable buttons in the services window, and using cmd gives an error saying that the cammand was invalid and to...
  6. Group Policy Client Services

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Group Policy Client Services: I have been locked out of logging on. This is the message I receive: The Group Policy Client service failed to sign in . Access Denied. How do I fix this?...
  7. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  8. DNS Client Service will not start

DNS Client Service will not start: If I open the DNS Client Service (Dnscache) in Services.msc, the Startup Type drop down box is greyed out, so I cannot change the startup type. It was disabled and I wanted to change it to Automatic but cannot from the Services utility. So I changed the Start value to 2 in...
  9. No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service

No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...