Windows 10: Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

Discus and support Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; HP laptop problem In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by guthrie, Apr 6, 2018.

1. guthrie Win User

Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

HP laptop problem
    In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR)

Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU [​IMG]

In the last few days it started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU.

Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU [​IMG]

Did upgrade of BIOS, no improvement.
    Downloaded all current windows upgrades – no fix.
    I created a new (admin) user, same problem.
    I ran all of the diagnostics in the HP Support Assistant, all passed – no effect.
    I ran "sfc /scannow." and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" – no effect.

There is an online thread on this in the HP forums, which does not seem to show any fix.
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...c/td-p/6209980

The HP support is abysmal – it took several minutes for him to echo back “so this is your computer system?”, and then the only suggestion was a factory reset.

:)

guthrie, Apr 6, 2018

2. "The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running."

"The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running." Start up apps and cortana is not working when i click on it after windows 10 update. In addtion, windows firewall will not turn on. So many problems after updating windows. Please help.

SujaniNair, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Carlo Fer Win User
    The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Apr 6, 2018
Thema:

Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

1. Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Policy Service

2. Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage: Recently bought a new PC and for some reason when my desktop is one, even idle, Service Host Diagnostic Policy is always running at about 15% - 30% cpu usage. This is more cpu usage than any game or other application I run.I have done research and done the following to try...
  3. Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service Host Diagnostic Policy High CPU usage: Recently bought a new PC and for some reason when my desktop is one, even idle, Service Host Diagnostic Policy is always running at about 15% - 30% cpu usage. This is more cpu usage than any game or other application I run.I have done research and done the following to try...
  4. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  5. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  6. Diagnostic Policy Service is Taking up CPU

in Windows 10 Customization
    Diagnostic Policy Service is Taking up CPU: Recently I noticed my idle CPU usage was way higher than it should be. I then noticed that some windows services were taking up that CPU usage at high amounts. I tried disabling them, but they still do it, what do I do? [ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  7. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  8. Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fix high cpu usage caused by diagnostic policy service: Hello, as mentioned in another thread reply I found a solution by someone for this common problem with high cpu usage by a windows service. In the folder "C:\Windows\system32\sru" are constantly created log files and the directory becomes very large over time. Then I stopped...
  9. Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service

Consistent CPU Usage by Service Host : Diagnostic Policy Service: Hello Guys, I'm using Windows 10 Home Single Language 64-bit. After the latest Windows update in Feb 2018, I've been experiencing consistent CPU Usage (13-14%) by a Windows Process (Service Host: Diagnostic Policy Service). I can't figure out why is this process taking...
  10. Consistent high CPU usage / svchost.exe Diagnostic Policy Service

Consistent high CPU usage / svchost.exe Diagnostic Policy Service: Normal/typical size is more like 90-100 MB (just check 3 of my PCs and all were in the 97 MB ballpark). You'll be pleased to read that the typical solution to this kind of problem is indeed to delete that file. When it starts growing uncontrollably, seems most likely to be...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows diagnostic policy service high cpu load

2. diagnostic policy service high cpu

3. diagnostics policy using alot of cpu