Windows 10: Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10]

Discus and support Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10] in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; As the title suggests, the Diagnostic Policy Service is not running and when trying to start it the following error occurs: [ATTACH] It is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RayBeeze, May 19, 2020.

1. RayBeeze Win User

Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10]

As the title suggests, the Diagnostic Policy Service is not running and when trying to start it the following error occurs:

Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10] 374331d7-48db-4611-bfb1-386278492ce6?upload=true.jpg

It is a standalone PC and I am the Administrator.

Having browsed around there was mention of this registry key - Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DPS\Parameters not having correct permissions.

• Administrators group, mpssvc and TrustedInstaller all have Full Control & Read permissions.

I have also done this:

• net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice
    • net localgroup Administrators /add localservice

I have run sfc - no issues detected

I have uninstalled the Network Device Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and then allowed Windows to "find new hardware" and reinstall it. Windows reports it is using the latest driver.

My network adapter is working fine, I only realised this service wasn't running after experiencing an unrelated network issue and I tried to use the Diagnostic tool.

Examining the event log, the problem started to occur on January 16th 2020... which is the same date that KB4528760 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x64 systems was installed. Not much else in the event log .. Event ID is 7000 and the Event Id qualifier is 49152.

Windows is currently up to date - no pending updates according to Windows Update tool. [1909 Pro Build 18363.836]

Thanks in advance all, I'd love to fix this if at all possible :- for when the day comes that I need it !

Ray

:)

RayBeeze, May 19, 2020
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 19, 2020
  3. "The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running."

"The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running." Start up apps and cortana is not working when i click on it after windows 10 update. In addtion, windows firewall will not turn on. So many problems after updating windows. Please help.

SujaniNair, May 19, 2020
  4. Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10]

The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

after updating my computer, my start menu apps and cortana is nor working. Add the error message "the diagnostic policy service is not running" is detected and can't find a way to fix it. I tried command prompt as admin to fix but nothing happens.

SujaniNair, May 19, 2020
Thema:

Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10]

1. Diagnostic Policy Service not running - Error 13: The data is invalid [Windows 10] - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Policy Service

2. Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10: Hi, I'm still having issues of Diagnostic policy service not working even though it's running. I tried going to command prompt and typing "net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice" and "net localgroup Administrator /add localservice" and that didn't work for me. And...
  3. Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10: Hi, I'm still having issues of Diagnostic policy service not working even though it's running. I tried going to command prompt and typing "net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice" and "net localgroup Administrator /add localservice" and that didn't work for me. And...
  4. Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  6. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  7. Diagnostic policy service not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  8. Error 13: The Data is invalid - Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 13: The Data is invalid - Diagnostic Policy Service: I cannot run Windows Diagnostics Service as the Diagnostics Policy Service is not Running. When I try and start the service, I receive the error: Error 13: The data is invalid. It is a standalone PC and I am the Administrator. Having browsed around there was mention...
  9. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...