Windows 10: Diagnostic policy service not running

Discus and support Diagnostic policy service not running in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MB2021JKLRA, May 7, 2021.

1. Diagnostic policy service not running

My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network adapter going missing, not sure if they are related? Any ideas would be appreciated.

:)

MB2021JKLRA, May 7, 2021
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, May 7, 2021
  3. "The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running."

"The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running." Start up apps and cortana is not working when i click on it after windows 10 update. In addtion, windows firewall will not turn on. So many problems after updating windows. Please help.

SujaniNair, May 7, 2021
  4. Diagnostic policy service not running

Jennifer Cha, May 7, 2021
Thema:

Diagnostic policy service not running

1. Diagnostic policy service not running - Similar Threads - Diagnostic policy service

2. Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10: Hi, I'm still having issues of Diagnostic policy service not working even though it's running. I tried going to command prompt and typing "net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice" and "net localgroup Administrator /add localservice" and that didn't work for me. And...
  3. Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10: Hi, I'm still having issues of Diagnostic policy service not working even though it's running. I tried going to command prompt and typing "net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice" and "net localgroup Administrator /add localservice" and that didn't work for me. And...
  4. Diagnostic policy service not working even it's running Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  6. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  7. Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes: Hello everyone, since the upgrade from 1809 to 1903, I've noticed weird spikes of DPS. It only happens when I am on wifi, otherwise connected through Ethernet, the spikes are gone. I've tried everything, reseting network, deleting sru file, changing startup of this service...
  8. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Diagnostic Policy Service: It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service/7d1e3ebb-a6e6-495d-98d3-60d4ae01b27f
  9. No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...