Windows 10: Diagnostic Policy Service

Discus and support Diagnostic Policy Service in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SamotReiamot, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Diagnostic Policy Service

It takes 30% of my PC CPU in last 7 days. It is not normal. Any advice how to fix it? thx

:)

SamotReiamot, Apr 23, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

The Diagnostic Policy Service is not running

Hi,

To resolve this issue, launch the command prompt as Admin and enter
    these:

• Type " net localgroup Administrators /add networkservice " then press Enter.
    • Type " net localgroup Administrators /add localservice " then press Enter.
    Also, we need to make sure that the following services are started.

1. Press Windows key
    + R.

2. On the dialog box, type services.msc

3. Under Services (Local)
    list, find the services: Diagnostic policy, Diagnostic Service, Diagnostic system host.

4. Check the status of the services is started or not.

5. If the services are not started, you can
    Right
    Click a status and Start a service.

6. Restart your computer.

Please post back with the result for further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Apr 23, 2019
  3. guthrie Win User
    Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

HP laptop problem
    In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU.

HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR)

Diagnostic Policy Service [​IMG]

In the last few days it started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU.

Diagnostic Policy Service [​IMG]

Did upgrade of BIOS, no improvement.
    Downloaded all current windows upgrades – no fix.
    I created a new (admin) user, same problem.
    I ran all of the diagnostics in the HP Support Assistant, all passed – no effect.
    I ran "sfc /scannow." and "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" – no effect.

There is an online thread on this in the HP forums, which does not seem to show any fix.
    https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebo...c/td-p/6209980

The HP support is abysmal – it took several minutes for him to echo back “so this is your computer system?”, and then the only suggestion was a factory reset.

guthrie, Apr 23, 2019
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Diagnostic Policy Service

Windows 10 Diagnostics Policy Service fails

OK, take 2 on trying to submit this reply (the system was constipated the first time ... lucky I copied the text before it disappeared)

Actually, I believe the message is "the Diagnostic Policy SERVICE is not running".

No problem, simple fix.

I the Start menu type services

right click on it, select "Run as Administrator"

scroll through the list, find "Diagnostic Policy Service"

right click on it, select Properties

Change the "Startup type" drop down to Automatic

click on the "Start" button under "service status"

click on APPLY to save the changes

OK to close the dialog.

That should fix that problem.

Rohn007, Apr 23, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostic Policy Service

1. Diagnostic Policy Service - Similar Threads - Diagnostic Policy Service

2. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  3. Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Diagnostic Policy Service: I am trying to start the Duagnostiv policy service and everything I have tried doesn't work and if I try to start it in service and do it from there I get access denied when I try to start, it what can I do?...
  4. The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The Diagnostic Policy Service starts then stops: When I try and troubleshoot my network I get greeted with the message “Diagnostics Policy Service is not running” and when I press try these repairs as administrator it doesn’t do anything. Then when I tried manually turning it on it told me “The Diagnostic Policy Service on...
  5. Diagnostic policy service not running

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Diagnostic policy service not running: My laptop windows 10 keeps saying diagnostic policy service not running. I have tried fixing it and when I hit start it says error 5. I am the administrator and have all privileges. I have googled the issue and can’t seem to fix it. Previously I had issues with my network...
  6. Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Weird Diagnostic Policy Service spikes: Hello everyone, since the upgrade from 1809 to 1903, I've noticed weird spikes of DPS. It only happens when I am on wifi, otherwise connected through Ethernet, the spikes are gone. I've tried everything, reseting network, deleting sru file, changing startup of this service...
  7. No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service

No Internet Connection, No Diagnostics Policy Service: Please help. My laptop is for some unknown reason not connecting to the internet via wifi or ethernet. It will also not diagnose the problem as it says The Diagnostics Policy Service is not running and it cannot fix it. Please can someone advise - I'm not super techy. but I...
  8. Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service

Cannot restore the Diagnostic Policy Service: This is my first post in TenForums, I'll try not to screw up. And I am not a computer tech. Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393 Dell Optiplex 380 I am trying to network my computers, of which I have too many! LOL These are the OSes I need to network, although...
  9. Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Diagnostic Policy Service - high CPU: HP laptop problem In the last few days, this laptop started having poor performance, with Task manager showing Diagnostic Policy Service taking up to 30% or more of CPU. HP Spectre x360 - 13-4197dx (ENERGY STAR) [img] In the last few days it started having poor...
  10. Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disabling Diagnostic Policy Service: I just disabled the Diagnostic Policy Service, Diagnostic Service Host, and the Diagnostic System Host. Is there any adverse actions that this may cause? So far I have not noticed any. Once I get my Windows Settings the way I like, they normally stay the same, as I do...