Windows 10: Diagnostic settings confusion

Discus and support Diagnostic settings confusion in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I look at the diagnostic settings it says at Full, Microsoft also collects the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs (which may... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by SavvnSavvn, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Diagnostic settings confusion

I look at the diagnostic settings it says at Full, Microsoft also collects the memory state of your device when a system or app crash occurs (which may unintentionally include parts of a file you were using when a problem occurred).

What does it mean ?

Does Microsoft collect private document all time during apps or system crash ?

:)

SavvnSavvn, Sep 8, 2019

2. Sync settings does nothing on new Windows 10 machine

We suggest that you change the Feedback and Diagnostics settings on both devices. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Privacy, Feedback & diagnostics.
    • Your Diagnostics and usage data settings are probably set to Basic. Just change it to Enhanced or higher.
    Once you change Feedback and Diagnostics settings, you should be able to sync your settings normally again.

Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Johan45 Win User
    AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Diagnostic settings confusion

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostic settings confusion

1. Diagnostic settings confusion - Similar Threads - Diagnostic settings confusion

2. Confusing Security Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Confusing Security Settings: Device Security it shows Standard hardware not supported, but Core Isolation is engaged, secure boot is engaged, but intermittently it will also show enhanced, what's going on? My TPM is engaged in BIOS, I'm confused! IEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on...
  3. Confusing Security Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Confusing Security Settings: Device Security it shows Standard hardware not supported, but Core Isolation is engaged, secure boot is engaged, but intermittently it will also show enhanced, what's going on? My TPM is engaged in BIOS, I'm confused! IEdition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on...
  4. Unable to modify Diagnostics & feedback settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to modify Diagnostics & feedback settings: I want to change diagnostics data from required to optional but apparently these settings are managed by my organizations which I don't think I have any....
  5. Diagnostic and Feedback Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Diagnostic and Feedback Settings: My win 10 laptop diagnostic and feedback settings says some of these settings are hidden or managed by my organization. The problem with that is this is my personal laptop. So no organization is controlling or hiding anything. Can someone please help me figure out how I can...
  6. The diagnostic and feedback settings keep changing automatically.

in Windows 10 Support
    The diagnostic and feedback settings keep changing automatically.: The diagnostic and feedback setting keeps changing automatically to required diagnostic data even if i change it to optional diagnostic data and due to this i am not able to get the beta release. When i go to the Windows Insider program settings it says to change the...
  7. Windows changing diagnostics setting on boot

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows changing diagnostics setting on boot: So I wanted to join the windows insider dev channel. When I went to windows insider program in settings it said to change diagnostics settings to full. I did that then when I went back to the windows insider settings I registered myself as a insider in the dev channel. Then...
  8. Unable to change 'Diagnostic Data' value under 'Diagnostics and Feedback' in Privacy settings.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to change 'Diagnostic Data' value under 'Diagnostics and Feedback' in Privacy settings.: I recently tried to apply for the Windows Insider program to get preview builds. The settings app then prompted me to set the Diagnostic Data option to 'Full' in order to receive preview builds. When I go to the Diagnostic Data tab, the options to change the value to either...
  9. Setting up login is Confusing?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Setting up login is Confusing?: I'm just moved from Windows 7 to 10 so I'm still trying to sort out all the changes (did the Upgrade option of not saving anything). I just can't figure out this login thing though. We have two User Accounts on my desktop PC and the way we had it on Windows 7 was that once...
  10. Confused UEFI settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Confused UEFI settings: I have win 8.1 pro currently installed in UEFI mode. I have installed another hard drive and want to install Windows10 pro but use my win 8.1 as default. My confusion on UEFI settings arises from the fact that when I installed Win 8 I set the OS Type to Win8 in UEFI...