Windows 10: Diagnostic startup

Discus and support Diagnostic startup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My shitful ass came out of curiosity in attempt to speed up my laptop, I went to system configuration, clicked on diagnostic startup and restart... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Disastrous_Ad7339, Mar 21, 2021.

1. Diagnostic startup

My shitful ass came out of curiosity in attempt to speed up my laptop, I went to system configuration, clicked on diagnostic startup and restart without hesitation, and now I can't sign in past the lock screen. It says "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." I tried to click it and nothing happens. I tried booting to safe mode (even with networking) using system recovery to no avail. It's just a lock screen, with nothing but language, accessibility and shut down options and that freaking error message. P.S. I'm so sorry I'm dumb that I don't have a backup of the files inside.

submitted by /u/Disastrous_Ad7339
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Disastrous_Ad7339, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Recovery to normal startup from diagnostic startup in windows 10

Hi Dimas,

There are different factors that can contribute to the issue you're facing that your computer wont boot up to the normal Windows 10 environment after using diagnostic startup. This could be caused by corrupted files or settings that need to be reconfigured.
    As a initial recommendation, kindly refer to the steps below to start the computer in normal mode.

• Press Windows + R keys from the Keyboard.
    • Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    • Click on the General tab.
    • Select the Normal startup option.
    • Click on Apply and Ok.
    • Restart the system and check.

We look forward to your response once you complete the steps.

Jordan Dom, Mar 21, 2021
  4. TopGeek Win User

Diagnostic startup

msconfig>Diagnostic startup fails

Thanks for your suggestions, b1rd. Actually, the FF issue is the least of my concerns, just a minor annoyance. However, the Diagnostic startup now seems to have resolved itself. I changed the Diagnostic Host Service to Automatic but still could not get it to run even after rebooting. Now, I suddenly find the the Service is running and Diagnostic startup works again. These weirdities are designed to drive us mad.

TopGeek, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

Diagnostic startup

1. Diagnostic startup - Similar Threads - Diagnostic startup

2. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  3. Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Login after Diagnostic Startup in MSconfig, unable to access hard drive for clean...: I am no longer able to login with the error "something happened and your PIN isn't available" error, with no option to reset PIN. I have read many other articles on answers.microsoft.com and it seems the clean install of Windows 11 is the best answer to this issue....
  4. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode: After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login option not available and also I can't setup my pin again.I have tried in safe mode with command prompt and other advance options...
  5. Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode

Not able to login in Laptop after selecting Diagnostic startup mode: After choosing Diagnostic startup mode in my windows 11 when I restart my laptop I won't able to login in my PC and I cant do anything. Pin login option not available and also I can't setup my pin again.I have tried in safe mode with command prompt and other advance options...
  6. How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?: Hi, in System Configuration, in the General tab, I selected "Diagnostic startup" and rebooted.Now I have this problem: Windows is not asking the PIN, but the password that I don't remember.Is there a way to restart in "normal startup"?Thank you...
  7. How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?

How I can boot in "normal startup" after setting "diagnostic startup"?: Hi, in System Configuration, in the General tab, I selected "Diagnostic startup" and rebooted.Now I have this problem: Windows is not asking the PIN, but the password that I don't remember.Is there a way to restart in "normal startup"?Thank you...
  8. How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup: What happened?:- I ran msconfig from doing WINDOWS + R- Enabled Diagnostic Startup- Restarted my Laptop- Introduction to the issueWhat now?:- Clicking "setup my pin" doesn't do anything. Either it asks for an app on the app store or it does nothing and just goes back to the...
  9. How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup

How to fix PIN isn't available because of diagnostic startup: What happened?:- I ran msconfig from doing WINDOWS + R- Enabled Diagnostic Startup- Restarted my Laptop- Introduction to the issueWhat now?:- Clicking "setup my pin" doesn't do anything. Either it asks for an app on the app store or it does nothing and just goes back to the...
  10. Stuck in diagnostics startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in diagnostics startup: I was trying to troubleshoot by using Diagnostic Startup to rule out if software was interfering with my computer, so I used msconfig to chooseDiagnostic Startup so only system services would run, and now I"m stuck in it. At the lock screen, it says "Something happened with...