Windows 10: Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 10 to reset local admin account

Discus and support Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 10 to reset local admin account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Some years ago i have installed DaRT 10 to create a DaRT recovery image to reset a lost password for ocal admin Account. In order to create the DaRT... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by giobaxx, Jul 10, 2019.

1. giobaxx Win User

Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 10 to reset local admin account

Some years ago i have installed DaRT 10 to create a DaRT recovery image to reset a lost password for ocal admin Account.
    In order to create the DaRT recovery image i had insttaled

- DART10 in a Windows 10 vers 1607
    - Windows ADk

I've try to use this recovery image to reset the local account in a Windows 10 rel 1803 but it does not work. I cannot use locksmith to reset the password because id grayed out.

This is because i need to create a new Recovery Image installing DART10 in a Windows 10 vers 1803?
    Every Windows upgrate i need a new DART?

:)

giobaxx, Jul 10, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 10 to reset local admin account

1. Diagnostics and Recovery Toolset 10 to reset local admin account - Similar Threads - Diagnostics Recovery Toolset

2. Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Locked out of local admin account on WIN 10: I woke up and attempted to login to WIN10 machine. Received "incorrect password".. Is there any solution out now? I do not believe to have a MS account/email attached to this user name, therefore I'd rule out the sign-in with MS account. Thanks for your assistance....
  3. admin accounts (local or Microsoft?)

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    admin accounts (local or Microsoft?): Hi I have used Win 10 since it came out and in general, I'm happy with it. Is there a difference in system access rights given to a local account administrator as compared to an Microsoft account based logon to an admin account? The reason I ask is that I only have one log...
  4. Two local admin. account

Two local admin. account: Have two Administrator accounts, both are shown as "Local. " Cannot delete/change the type of account. Windows keeps telling me I am signed in to the account. HELP 34557
  5. Unable to add local admin account

Unable to add local admin account: Periodically I acquire computers from ex-employees that only have themselves as local Users. Even though I'm in the Administrators Group as a domain admin, I don't have permission to add anyone to local Users. I need to clean these up for redeployment and often wind up...
  6. Local Admin account password changed to unknown

Local Admin account password changed to unknown: My local administrator account password has evidently been changed to something unknown to me. I am sure I am typing the password correctly, I've carefully tried several times. I have 3 local accounts on my machine and my Microsoft account (for purposes of this post I am...
  7. Reset Local Account Password

Reset Local Account Password: After a power glitch, Windows did not recognize my local password anymore Although I have been able to login using my Microsoft account password, I would like to be able to login locally again. How to achieve that? I have only found ways to reset the Microsoft account...
  8. Local Admin Account vs standard Account

Local Admin Account vs standard Account: i have to ask this i am on Windows 10 Home build 16299.19 as i am currently terminating an old account and going to my most current account but i am concerned that the one i use to login into my current PC might be lost and i do wonder if the admin account i use for this HP...
  9. Running as a local Admin account

Running as a local Admin account: I am running Windows 10, currently running as a local Admin account and I am the only one using the machine. However, I am thinking to run as a Limited User instead by creating another User account as making that as an Admin account. Couple of questions though. 1). My...
  10. Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local

Windows 10 changed my Admin account to local: I have been using Windows 10 for months with only minor issues. I log in today and try to make a change and was unable to do so. I rebooted and when I logged in, it said I had a local account. Between yesterday and today, somehow my admin account was changed to local by...