Windows 10: Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10

Discus and support Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I know windows 10 comes with some “tools” that can test or repair some errors on the computer. Could anybody please tell me what tools or Diagnostics... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ge285, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Ge285 Win User

Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10

I know windows 10 comes with some “tools” that can test or repair some errors on the computer. Could anybody please tell me what tools or Diagnostics are they and how can I find them?

:)

Ge285, Sep 27, 2018

2. Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 27, 2018
  3. Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

We recommend that you let the Memory Diagnostics Tool run automatically. However, advanced users might want to adjust the tool's settings. Here's how:

• When the Memory Diagnostics Tool starts, press F1.
    • You can adjust the following settings:
      • Test mix. Choose what type of test you want to run: Basic, Standard, or Extended. The choices are described in the tool.
      • Cache. Choose the cache setting you want for each test: Default, On, or Off.
      • Pass count. Type the number of times you want to repeat the test.
    • Press F10 to start the test.
    If the Windows Memory Diagnostics tool doesn't run automatically, you can run it manually.

• Open Memory Diagnostics Tool by going to Control Panel. In the search box, type Memory, and then click Diagnose your computer's memory problems.
      Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10 [​IMG]

• If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • Choose when to run the tool.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Sep 27, 2018
  4. Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10

Windows memory diagnostic tool not Working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues when you are trying to reset the computer. I will certainly assist you.

This issue might have occurred when the boot files are missing or corrupted.

I suggest you re-built the boot record by following the below commands and check if it helps.

You will have to use Windows 10 installation media to follow the steps to boot into Recovery Environment and try to rebuild BCD.

Step 1: I suggest you to create an installation media for
    Windows 10 using the media creation tool:

Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool

Step 2: After preparing the installation media, insert it hard reboot the device and follow the below:

• Boot into Windows Recovery Environment using the Windows 10 installation media.
    • Click on Repair your computer.
    • Click on Troubleshoot and in the Advanced options.
    • Select Command Prompt. Type the following commands into the prompt and press Enter key after each command.
      • bootrec /fixmbr
      • bootrec /fixboot
      • bootrec /scanos
      • bootrec /rebuildbcd
    5. Restart the computer.

NOTE: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft
    cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Anup Karkal, Sep 27, 2018
Thema:

Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10

1. Diagnostics or Tools on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Diagnostics Tools

2. How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?: I had issues with my laptop so I decided to run a memory diagnostics tool just to check if everything is working properly. I saw that it's taking too much time so I let it work overnight. I checked it after I woke up and it wasn't completed. I waited and after it finished...
  3. How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I escape windows memory diagnostics tool?: I had issues with my laptop so I decided to run a memory diagnostics tool just to check if everything is working properly. I saw that it's taking too much time so I let it work overnight. I checked it after I woke up and it wasn't completed. I waited and after it finished...
  4. DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding: I'm having a variety of weird technical problems, which likely aren't worth getting into here. Now, the directx diagnostics tool does not respond when launched. Any recommendations?...
  5. DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding

DirectX Diagnostic Tool Not Responding: I'm having a variety of weird technical problems, which likely aren't worth getting into here. Now, the directx diagnostics tool does not respond when launched. Any recommendations?...
  6. How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.: Hi TeamIs there any way that we can disable or Hide the Diagnose Network Problems and Troubleshoot Sound Problems options from system tray.No one from domain user can run this tools without admin access.Any GPO settings or regedit entry to prevent or hide this settings from...
  7. How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.

How to prevent the diagnostic tool access from system tray after right click.: Hi TeamIs there any way that we can disable or Hide the Diagnose Network Problems and Troubleshoot Sound Problems options from system tray.No one from domain user can run this tools without admin access.Any GPO settings or regedit entry to prevent or hide this settings from...
  8. Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool loading so slowly, the full page isn’t even loaded yet. How...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool loading so slowly, the full page isn’t even loaded yet. How...: I started running the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool on my laptop because I was getting errors about running out of RAM. I think I messed up the settings, I told it to do the extended test because I wanted to be thorough, but I think I also accidentally set the cache setting...
  9. Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool loading so slowly, the full page isn’t even loaded yet. How...

Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool loading so slowly, the full page isn’t even loaded yet. How...: I started running the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool on my laptop because I was getting errors about running out of RAM. I think I messed up the settings, I told it to do the extended test because I wanted to be thorough, but I think I also accidentally set the cache setting...
  10. I need the passkey in order to launch Microsoft diagnostic tool on Surface pro 4

I need the passkey in order to launch Microsoft diagnostic tool on Surface pro 4: unknown usb device descriptor request failed, i need the diagnostic tool to see if it fixes it and the passkey to open it, thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-the-passkey-in-order-to-launch-microsoft/993b4312-051e-4dc3-9f8e-1f6ea6b8d964

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 phone diagnostic tool

2. windows 10 diagnostics and repair