Windows 10: Diagnostics

Discus and support Diagnostics in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I was trying to figure out how to preform some regular diagnostics on my HP Envy laptop at home. When I open HP PC hardware Diagnostics windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by w_smith2008, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Diagnostics

Hello,

I was trying to figure out how to preform some regular diagnostics on my HP Envy laptop at home. When I open HP PC hardware Diagnostics windows it says "Administer Privileges Required. HpHwdiag cannot run without administrator privileges. Please right click on HpHwdiag and select run as an administrator." But I am, the Admin of this computer and what should I right click on? Please get back to me soon.

:)

w_smith2008, Jun 26, 2019
  2. Lazzer408 Win User

Is my PSU dead?

Some power supplies can be damaged turning them on, twicksisted suggestion, if there is no load on it. At least connect an old hard drive.

He was already able to power-up the supply using the motherboard.

Geeze, where did you guys learn your diagnostic steps? *Big Grin Diagnostics :D

Lazzer408, Jun 26, 2019
  3. my Microsoft Support Diagnostics Tool is stuck on a passkey page, and I can't cancel.

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to the computer software prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you send us a screenshot to what you are referring to?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps below and check if the same thing happens:

• Access Task Manager by pressing Windows + Alt +Delete.
    • Choose Task Manager.
    • Look for Microsoft Support Diagnostic Tool and then click the
      End Task button.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jun 26, 2019
  4. Diagnostics

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Diagnostics :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

Diagnostics

1. Diagnostics - Similar Threads - Diagnostics

2. diagnostic policy service not working although enabled all associated services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    diagnostic policy service not working although enabled all associated services: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service-not-working-although/ded19144-4ea1-43b1-9b1d-44f9ce43bd21
  3. diagnostic policy service not working although enabled all associated services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    diagnostic policy service not working although enabled all associated services: As above https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/diagnostic-policy-service-not-working-although/ded19144-4ea1-43b1-9b1d-44f9ce43bd21
  4. No results for Memory Diagnostic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  5. No results for Memory Diagnostic

No results for Memory Diagnostic: I have run the Memory diagnostic. It ended apparently, i was not watching the entire time and then the PC rebooted. I found instructions at this link:Diagnose memory problems on your PC microsoft.comIt says results will appear in a memory diagnostic notification. I cannot...
  6. Options screen in memory diagnostics not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Options screen in memory diagnostics not working: I have brought up Memory Diagnostics upon reboot of my computer. F1 was recognized and brought me to the Options screen. At that point the only thing that works is the ESC key to end it. For instance "Standard" is selected, and "Extended" is below it. But i cannot find a way...
  7. Options screen in memory diagnostics not working

Options screen in memory diagnostics not working: I have brought up Memory Diagnostics upon reboot of my computer. F1 was recognized and brought me to the Options screen. At that point the only thing that works is the ESC key to end it. For instance "Standard" is selected, and "Extended" is below it. But i cannot find a way...
  8. I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...: I’ve tried some of the online advice, and scrolled through the other threads with people having similar issues, but I couldn’t get anything to work.Do you have any advice on how to get Windows 11 out of diagnostic mode?The reason I can’t sign in is because it can’t retrieve...
  9. I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...

I managed to get myself Locke four of my computer after putting it in diagnostic mode, and...: I’ve tried some of the online advice, and scrolled through the other threads with people having similar issues, but I couldn’t get anything to work.Do you have any advice on how to get Windows 11 out of diagnostic mode?The reason I can’t sign in is because it can’t retrieve...
  10. My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC has 8-error and 11-warning in its Power Efficiency Diagnostic Report. is it really a...: Computer NameABScan Time2024-04-14T08:11:15ZScan Duration60 secondSystem ManufacturerDell Inc.System Product NameVostro 3559BIOS Date09/01/2020BIOS Version1.8.0OS Build19045Platform RolePlatformRoleMobilePlugged IntrueProcess Count212Thread Count2575Report...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hphwdiag run as administrator

2. hphwdiag cannot run without administrator privileges

3. hphwdiag