Windows 10: diagonal lines coming off text on my screen

Discus and support diagonal lines coming off text on my screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I have opened my lenovo Ideapad laptop running on windows 10 after it being shutdown for the weekend today to find these diagonal lines... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by KyleTaylormusician, Dec 10, 2018.

1. diagonal lines coming off text on my screen

Hello all,

I have opened my lenovo Ideapad laptop running on windows 10 after it being shutdown for the weekend today to find these diagonal lines streaking across the screen that seem to come off text. I have not recently installed any programs but when to shut the computer down did update the windows software (the problem had started before update). I did install 8GB of RAM a few weeks ago so thought it could be a hardware problem or loos cable but the screen works perfectly fine in safe mode and BIOS.

I tried some troubleshooting which let me to restarting in safe mode (worked fine) then doing a clean reboot (problem came back)

I have attached some pictures to give you an idea as I could not upload a video (don't know why the hell they are upside down, the uplaod function on this forum is pretty clunky)

diagonal lines coming off text on my screen [​IMG]diagonal lines coming off text on my screen [​IMG]

:)

KyleTaylormusician, Dec 10, 2018
  2. darth_mo Win User

N97 - Screen with diagonal lines

maybe it design. diagonal lines.

darth_mo, Dec 10, 2018
  3. maulim Win User
    N97 - Screen with diagonal lines

Have anyone noticed diagonal lines on your N97 or it´s just my unit?

It´s hardware lines, you can see it even when device is off.

You can see the lines mainly when there is white or clear color on the screen. I found it annoying. My 5800XM has Cristal Clear display. I didn´t expect nothing less from N97. I´m disapointed...

maulim, Dec 10, 2018
  4. diagonal lines coming off text on my screen

win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Dec 10, 2018
Thema:

diagonal lines coming off text on my screen

1. diagonal lines coming off text on my screen - Similar Threads - diagonal lines coming

2. VPN with diagonal line - on screen - stops me opening my email opening files - says...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VPN with diagonal line - on screen - stops me opening my email opening files - says...: How do i remove the subject problem so that i can access my em's which are blocked The Account/Password is correct but that is as far I can go.I believe the solution can be quite easy BUT what is itHelp please...
  3. White lines coming below my screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White lines coming below my screen: Idk what happened there is these white lines coming in my screen it's just comes for a second and goes away it's annoying can anyone say me how to fix this?...
  4. White lines coming below my screen

White lines coming below my screen: Idk what happened there is these white lines coming in my screen it's just comes for a second and goes away it's annoying can anyone say me how to fix this?...
  5. White lines coming below my screen

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Is there a way to fix the streaks that come off icon's and text's on my screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to fix the streaks that come off icon's and text's on my screen?: I updated my computer to windows 11 and since then I've been getting streaks that have been coming off icons and text's. This is the first time that this has happened to me some I'm wondering if there is anyway to get rid of it.Here is an Image that I took with my phone...
  7. Is there a way to fix the streaks that come off icon's and text's on my screen?

Is there a way to fix the streaks that come off icon's and text's on my screen?: I updated my computer to windows 11 and since then I've been getting streaks that have been coming off icons and text's. This is the first time that this has happened to me some I'm wondering if there is anyway to get rid of it.Here is an Image that I took with my phone...
  8. WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WMP red diagonal lines when playing videos: Hey, So i am using an AMD wx5100 GPU and have used simialr cards in previous builds. But when viewimg video in WMP or VLC, i get a lil hang and then these red diagonal lines. I havent seem to be able to find amything on it, just the vertical line. GPU is not on demo mode...
  9. red circle with red diagonal line on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    red circle with red diagonal line on desktop: hi I have a red circle with a red diagonal line through in surrounded by a box on my screen what does this mean thanks bridget https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/red-circle-with-red-diagonal-line-on-desktop/74ea0b6a-8c9d-4080-9ec9-1a566cd5c725
  10. Diagonal Screen Tearing

in Windows 10 Support
    Diagonal Screen Tearing: Over the past month or so, while watching videos or scrolling through web pages, i noticed that there was some diagonal screen tearing (Top Left to Bottom Right). I have no idea how this has happened and i can't stop looking at it. Is there any way to fix this? It happens in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. diagonal lines on screen

2. windows 10 diagonal lines

3. diagonal lines on laptop screen

4. diagonal lines in windows 10,
  5. my windows screen cuts everything diagonal ,
  6. windows 10 diagonal lines on screen,
  7. windows 10 causing diagnol lines on screen,
  8. diagonal lines on screen windows 10