Windows 10: Dial-up and the pains it brings

Discus and support Dial-up and the pains it brings in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am connected to a dial up connection but on the Internet status in settings it says I am not connected to any networks. This is relevant because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FletcherF, Mar 12, 2019.

1. FletcherF Win User

Dial-up and the pains it brings

I am connected to a dial up connection but on the Internet status in settings it says I am not connected to any networks. This is relevant because it doesn't allow me to use any Microsoft apps such as the Xbox app, Windows Store and Netflix. I've tried resetting the connection and several other possible solutions and none have helped me. So if someone could help me get this fixed I would really appreciate it.

:)

FletcherF, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone

Read more: Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone | Windows Central

Brink, Mar 12, 2019
  3. techiegz Win User
    Voice Dialing behavior is a pain

Yup, more intuitive confirmation before dialing should be implemented but then again others will complain about why they have to perform an additional step to confirm what they already said on the initial voice dial command. I guess a simple "Is this the
    right contact you want to call?" or "Are you sure you want to call Joe Blow?" for a simple "Yes" or "No" response to call or abort.

techiegz, Mar 12, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

Networking With Dial-Up...?

What do you plan to use it for? Forget gaming cause it will be very slow.
    Also what do you mean by dial-up? Dial-up internet or just the modem?
    If all of them have access to the internet use hamachi as btarunr suggested.
    wiak-EVDO has just started coming here(India)

xfire, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Dial-up and the pains it brings - Similar Threads - Dial pains brings

2. Using the volume dial on my headset will minimize whichever game I'm playing to bring up...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the volume dial on my headset will minimize whichever game I'm playing to bring up...: I have the Logitech G PRO X Wireless headset with the mic NOT attached, if that matters. There's a small scroll wheel on the left ear cup that adjusts the volume. When I touch that, it will minimize any game I'm playing to desktop and the little volume slider pops up at the...
  3. Using the volume dial on my headset will minimize whichever game I'm playing to bring up...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using the volume dial on my headset will minimize whichever game I'm playing to bring up...: I have the Logitech G PRO X Wireless headset with the mic NOT attached, if that matters. There's a small scroll wheel on the left ear cup that adjusts the volume. When I touch that, it will minimize any game I'm playing to desktop and the little volume slider pops up at the...
  4. Microsoft Dial UP charges

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Dial UP charges: I have been paying for Microsoft Dial Up since 1997. What happens if I cancel? Do I lose EDGE or Outlook? With many other platforms free, why should I continue to pay Microsoft? I also have 365 Office, and I do enjoy EDGE and BING. Thanks, Jerry....
  5. Microsoft Dial UP charges

Microsoft Dial UP charges: I have been paying for Microsoft Dial Up since 1997. What happens if I cancel? Do I lose EDGE or Outlook? With many other platforms free, why should I continue to pay Microsoft? I also have 365 Office, and I do enjoy EDGE and BING. Thanks, Jerry....
  6. dial up speed with broadband

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dial up speed with broadband: Yeah. That's what I say. What? I am using windows 10 Home edition version 1511 HP laptop 64 bit 8 gb ram 500 gb hd. I recently reinstalled windows and am experiencing very slow and sometimes incomplete downloads. I checked errors and read that my connection shows "Getchar...
  7. Dial-Up connection issue

Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  8. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  9. Dial Up Networking

Dial Up Networking: I desperately need your help. I am trying to get my Mom connected to the internet using a data/fax modem There is no cable TV or Internet connection availble in her home. She has been using a Dial Up connection to Earthlink and used email to keep in touch with family out of...
  10. Dial up entries in Rasphone

Dial up entries in Rasphone: Win 10 Home. I use dial-up networking for work (88 entries)and notice that after my upgrade to Win 10 that my dial-up entries are no longer in alphabetical order. I can go to network connections and there they are, old school way in order. But if you click on one it takes...