Windows 10: Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

Discus and support Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can connect all other site with my dial up modem connection, but can't connect to windows update server. When I check connection status, it show not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Khorshed Rana, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

I can connect all other site with my dial up modem connection, but can't connect to windows update server. When I check connection status, it show not connected although I'm already connected. I can browse all site . But when I check for update for windows feature show "Error Encontered"

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10... 867cadae-4841-4a81-b4f6-39bb4e1e11bc?upload=true.png

I,ve tried following one by one.

A. Run Internet Connections / Network / Hardware & Devices Troubleshooters
    Windows Key+I > Update & Security > Troubleshoot >
    1. Click Internet Connections > Run the Troubleshooter
    2. Click Network adapters > Run the Troubleshooter
    3. Click Hardware & Devices > Run the Troubleshooter

B. Run Built-in & Guided Walk through Windows Update troubleshooter
    Built-in : Windows Key+X > Click Settings > Click Update & security > Click Troubleshoot > Click Windows Update > Click Run the Troubleshooter. But not solved.

Try enabling IPv6
    Windows Key+I > Network & Internet > Change adpater options (on right side) > Right click on your network (wifi) icon > Properties > Check Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) , But it uncheck automatically after some times.

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10... a6c99345-afd4-4d58-9745-787da5998376?upload=true.png Now, I'm hopless...

:)

Khorshed Rana, Oct 17, 2018

2. Steam unable to connect in Windows 10

Just got the WIndows 10 upgrade and got all my drivers updated, etc. But now Steam won't start and fails at connecting. Anyone else have this issue?

MxPhenom 216, Oct 17, 2018
  3. Cvrk Win User
    Installing Windows 10 on Lumia 920

I have a Lumia 920 mobile phone.
    Found a list on the net with compatible phones that support Win 10. Mine is on that list.
    Can't upgrade with the usual way.
    Found help on this official website of developers for Windows Phones. It's a step by step no brainer thing. Most people are doing it. Except me. I can't get past point 6. http://forum.xda-developers.com/windows-10/general/howto-install-windows-10-phones-t3030105

"6.Connect to the same WiFi that your PC is on. Edit the settings for the WiFi connection to turn on the Proxy and set it to use the PC’s IP address and enter 8877 for the port "

7. Open Internet Explorer on your phone and navigate to http://[pc.ip.add.ress]:8877 where [pc.ip.add.ress] is the IP address of the PC running the WPInsidersHacks app

No idea what this means.I guess i need to access the router and modify some settings in there. Some guy on the forum told me " think he means to use the local IP address of the pc. Go to cmd and type ipconfig and look for ipv4 address. Should be somethin like 192/......"

I did connect my phone as always via wi-fi to my router. But i have no ideea how to use that proxy or how to make my phone have the same Ip as computer. I did start WPInsiderHacks app on pc. This is what it looks like

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10... [​IMG]

Theres also this official http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-920/341531-windows-10-preview-nokia-lumia-920-a.html
    It says this :
    1. Download the Windows Insider app.
    Press ... > about > make sure Sys free space is 300MB or more.
    If there isn't enough space, make full reset with Windows Phone Recovery Tool.

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn:7777

Download and install certificate.
    3. Edit WiFi connection, enable Proxy

Code:
    upwp10.chinacloudapp.cn

4. Open Insider app, click get builds
    5. You will get Enroll page, do not Enroll yet!
    6. Switch to WIFI settings, turn off proxy.
    7. Switch to Windows Insider app and now you can enroll for Windows 10 Technical Preview.
    Choose Fast option.
    8. Check Settings > Phone update.
    If it can't find updates, you may need to reboot your phone and enroll again (without a proxy now).

Same thing with the proxy. Anyways the more detailed steps on the DEV forum are much better i think .Cuz they put out more info on how to do it.

Can anybody help me with step 6 ?

4. R-T-B Win User

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

Windows 10 Creators Update Might Force Updates Even on Metered Connections

A wording change in the latest build of the upcoming Creators Update for Windows 10 has users on metered connections worried. In previous Microsoft Insider's builds of the Creators Update, the section of the license agreement pertaining to automatic updates said "updates will be downloaded and installed automatically, except over metered connections (where charges may apply)."

In this latest build, the wording has been changed to a more worrisome version implying updating may still happen for important updates: "We'll automatically download and install updates, except on metered connections (where charges may apply). In that case, we'll automatically download only those updates required to keep Windows running smoothly."

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10... 18da3be5bc06_thm.jpg

Obviously, this implies critical updates and such may still be pulled from a metered connection without prior user consent. Considering many "critical updates" from Microsoft today come in the form of "Patch Tuesday" rollups often nearing a gig, this could get expensive on a metered connection where users pay by the gigabyte or worse.

Source: HotHardware

R-T-B, Oct 17, 2018
Thema:

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

1. Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10... - Similar Threads - Dial connection can't

2. Windows 10 dial-up connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 dial-up connection: My parents, ages 81 and 77, purchased a new computer. The default web browser is Microsoft Edge. On their previous computer, which had Windows XP installed, they had a fairly simple process to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer Select "dial" when prompt appears...
  3. Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection

Unable to change a dial up connection to Ethernet connection: How to change a dial up connection to a Ethernet connection. I am not using any router, but the cable provided by the ISP directly to my laptop port. I already have dial up and Ethernet connection both installed and tried in several ways to do it by googling but every time I...
  4. Dial-Up connection issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dial-Up connection issue: Hi guys, I m using a dial-up connection via Mobile SIM card in USB Modem. After update internet got connected, Microsoft store and Xbox is working fine. I can able to browse as well, but some store apps are not working. Like i downloaded Asphalt 8 through Microsoft store....
  5. After upgrade to windows 10 1903, windows update is unable to connect to server

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    After upgrade to windows 10 1903, windows update is unable to connect to server: After a successful upgrade to windows 10 1903, the windows update feature no longer works. We have upgrade 5 machines and they all have the same issue. Is there a fix for this?...
  6. Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously

Dial Up and Ethernet connection simultaneously: Hello All, I have a PC with Windows 10 installed. The PC is connected to the LAN and has access to the internet. I have connected as well the ISDN Terminal Adapter to this PC, which I am using for the Dial UP connections. I know this is old technology but I need Dial UP for...
  7. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  8. Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...

Dial up connection can't connect windows update server after upgrade/ install Windows 10...: I can connect all other site with my dial up modem connection, but can't connect to windows update server. When I check connection status, it show not connected although I'm already connected. I can browse all site . But when I check for update for windows feature show "Error...
  9. Can't connect to Windows Update Server

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't connect to Windows Update Server: I have finished doing the anniversary updates and all went ok. However yesterday being Tuesday I went to the Windows Update section to do any updates that were available and kept of getting a reply could not connect to the update server. All of my other computers that had...
  10. Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update

Dial up connection problem after installing Creators Update: I use a Dial Up Broadband connection which has been set up by User ID & Password provided by the ISP. After "Clean Install" of Creators Update, whenever I try to connect to Internet a window pops-up "Windows Security", where I have to enter the User ID & Password again before...