Windows 10: Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Discus and support Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by dominic63, Apr 1, 2019.

1. dominic63 Win User

Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Hello guys,

I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected.

I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dominic63, Apr 1, 2019

2. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 1, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

Networking With Dial-Up...?

What do you plan to use it for? Forget gaming cause it will be very slow.
    Also what do you mean by dial-up? Dial-up internet or just the modem?
    If all of them have access to the internet use hamachi as btarunr suggested.
    wiak-EVDO has just started coming here(India)

xfire, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Dial network disconnects

2. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  3. WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WiFi disconnects and disappears after sleep mode.: Sometimes when I put my laptop in sleep mode and after I wake it up, it automatically disconnects from WiFi and I can no longer see the WiFi icon anywhere to connect again to any network. So, I have to restart my laptop to be able to connect again to WiFi, but if I put it in...
  4. DUN dial-up networking - how to delay start of PPP LCP handshake after dial-up connection...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DUN dial-up networking - how to delay start of PPP LCP handshake after dial-up connection...: I want to configure a Windows 10 DUN dial-up networking connection so that after I dial out to a 3G HSPA cellular modem using "ATD*99#" to establish a PPP packet-radio connection, the DUN service will wait for a certain delay period typically anywhere from 500ms to 1 second...
  5. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific Lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read/posted on ms forums (useless as always) for wake on magic...
  6. Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet

Sleep mode disconnecting ethernet: I've searched near and far and done so many "fixes" and absolutely none work. I've downloaded specific lan drivers for my mobo, I've changed adapter properties to not allow sleep to disable to save power, I've read these ms forums for wake on magic packet/ EEE disabled/green...
  7. USB network adapter disconnecting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB network adapter disconnecting after sleep mode: submitted by /u/Xpert104 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsrgqk/usb_network_adapter_disconnecting_after_sleep_mode/
  8. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode: Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  9. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  10. Dial Up Networking

Dial Up Networking: I desperately need your help. I am trying to get my Mom connected to the internet using a data/fax modem There is no cable TV or Internet connection availble in her home. She has been using a Dial Up connection to Earthlink and used email to keep in touch with family out of...