Windows 10: Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Discus and support Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by dominicbogdan, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Hello guys,

I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected.

I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

dominicbogdan, Apr 1, 2019

2. Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Apr 1, 2019
  3. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Apr 1, 2019
  4. xfire Win User

Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Networking With Dial-Up...?

What do you plan to use it for? Forget gaming cause it will be very slow.
    Also what do you mean by dial-up? Dial-up internet or just the modem?
    If all of them have access to the internet use hamachi as btarunr suggested.
    wiak-EVDO has just started coming here(India)

xfire, Apr 1, 2019
Thema:

Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

1. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode - Similar Threads - Dial network disconnects

2. Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wifi disconnects after Windows 10 re-awakening from "Sleep" mode: Windows !0 now loses its connection to my wifi router after going to sleep. I then have to go through a "Disconnect/Connect" step to reconnect. Is there a bug in my version(Vers. 1809)?...
  3. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode: Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 129987
  4. waking up after sleep mode

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    waking up after sleep mode: my computer takes forever, 5 mins or so to wake up after it has been in sleep mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/waking-up-after-sleep-mode/dbb31876-ca52-496b-b682-f1ed2412533a"
  5. Dial up connection not recognized.

Dial up connection not recognized.: I was using a very old version of windows 10 (1709) and recently updated to the newest version(1809). I use a dial up internet connection which worked fine in the old version. But now, though I can connect to the internet and browse the internet, windows shows that I am not...
  6. Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen doesn’t wake up after sleep mode: Please help me to resolve the following problem. I watch a video on YouTube and then I close the laptop lid. If I lift the lid again the screen doesn’t wake up. Thanks...
  7. Dial Up Networking

Dial Up Networking: I desperately need your help. I am trying to get my Mom connected to the internet using a data/fax modem There is no cable TV or Internet connection availble in her home. She has been using a Dial Up connection to Earthlink and used email to keep in touch with family out of...
  8. Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep

Ethernet Disconnect After Long Sleep: Greetings, I have a HP Pavillion g7 laptop running Windows 10. After a long sleep (hours long), my Ethernet connection goes down. A shut down and reboot is usually how I'm able to get the Ethernet connected again. I did see this error a few times "Ethernet Connection does...
  9. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...
  10. PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping

PC Disconnects from Network while Sleeping: I am trying to figure out a solution for every computer at my company. I recently assembled 6 computers and we have installed them to use. All the computers share files through our server including the licensing of a design software every computer uses. The problem is one of...