Windows 10: Dial Up Networking

Discus and support Dial Up Networking in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I desperately need your help. I am trying to get my Mom connected to the internet using a data/fax modem There is no cable TV or Internet connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RoBrewski, Oct 26, 2018.

1. RoBrewski Win User

Dial Up Networking

I desperately need your help. I am trying to get my Mom connected to the internet using a data/fax modem
    There is no cable TV or Internet connection availble in her home. She has been using a Dial Up connection to Earthlink and used email to keep in touch with family out of state. The old Dell Laptop was running Windows 98! Since updating TLS was not an option, she could not use email.
    I have purchased a new Dell laptop to correct the problem. I have purchased 3 different USB Data/Fax modems to setup the Dial Up Network connection and have had to return them because they would never complete the handshake and connect. It would report "Connection failed with error 678. The remote computer did not respond." The information below lists the OS and Dell Inspiron info.
    Windows Specifications
    Version - Microsoft Windows 10 Home 1802
    OS Build - 17134.345
    Dell Laptop Information
    Inspiron 15 3567
    BIOS Vendor Dell Inc.
    BIOS Version 2.5.1
    BIOS Date 5/31/2018
    Processor
    Manufacturer Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7130U CPU @ 2.70GHz
    Clock Speed 2.7Ghz
    L2 Cache Size 512
    Memory
    Available Memory 68.03 %
    Page File Size 9,338.1MB
    Available Page File 99.81 %
    Virtual Memory 9,338.1MB
    Available Virtual Memory 67.25 %
    DIMM A 8,192.0MB
    Network controller
    Adaptor Bluetooth Device (RFCOMM Protocol TDI)
    Adaptor Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller
    Adaptor Bluetooth Device (Personal Area Network)
    Storage
    Drive C:
    Type 3
    Drive Size 918.2GB
    Total Available Space 883.5GB
    Used Space 34.7GB
    Hardware
    DVD/CD-ROM Drives
    Disk Drives ST1000LM035-1RK172
    Display Adapter Intel(R) HD Graphics 620
    IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers
    Intel(R) 6th Generation Core Processor Family
    Platform I/O SATA AHCI Controller
    Keyboards,Mice & Pointing Devices
    Dell Touchpad
    USB Input Device
    PS/2 Compatible Mouse
    Monitors
    Generic PnP Monitor
    Sound Devices
    Intel(R) Display Audio
    Realtek Audio
    USB Controllers
    Intel(R) USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 (Microsoft)
    I need to get a recommendation for a tested dial up data/fax modem that will work to connect to Earthlink. I am frustrated and tired of buying various USB data/fax modems that fail to complete the handshake with Earthlink successfully.
    Please help!

:)

RoBrewski, Oct 26, 2018
  2. xfire Win User

Networking With Dial-Up...?

What do you plan to use it for? Forget gaming cause it will be very slow.
    Also what do you mean by dial-up? Dial-up internet or just the modem?
    If all of them have access to the internet use hamachi as btarunr suggested.
    wiak-EVDO has just started coming here(India)

xfire, Oct 26, 2018
  3. 7MM
    7mm Win User
    Networking With Dial-Up...?

Hi There, I'm New To Networking & Need To Connect My Friends @ DIstance, Most of The Out of Town. Internet Is Not Awailable To Most of Us. So I Thought Dial-Up Might Help. How Can I Connect Two PCs With Dial-Up In Windows XP ?

4. Brink Win User

Dial Up Networking

Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone

Read more: Smart Dialing reportedly demoed for Windows 10 on phone | Windows Central

Brink, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Dial Up Networking

1. Dial Up Networking - Similar Threads - Dial Networking

2. Dial-1-833-8O2-OOO2 Why is QuickBooks Payroll Update Not Working Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dial-1-833-8O2-OOO2 Why is QuickBooks Payroll Update Not Working Windows 10?: How can I troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll update issues on Windows 10? Despite attempts, the software fails to update, hindering payroll processing. What steps can rectify this problem effectively? Is there someone who can help me fix the error?...
  3. How do i configure Nat gateway with ftth dial up connection as public and internal network...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do i configure Nat gateway with ftth dial up connection as public and internal network...: How do i configure Nat gateway with ftth dial up connection as public and internal network private https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-nat-gateway-with-ftth-dial-up/db7332d4-968e-411b-a637-2852b6aea88e
  4. How do i configure Nat gateway with ftth dial up connection as public and internal network...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do i configure Nat gateway with ftth dial up connection as public and internal network...: How do i configure Nat gateway with ftth dial up connection as public and internal network private https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-configure-nat-gateway-with-ftth-dial-up/db7332d4-968e-411b-a637-2852b6aea88e
  5. Cannot dial-up after network adapter reset Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot dial-up after network adapter reset Windows 11: Hi, has anyone got a solution? I was trying to remove one of the dial-up connection profiles Setting > Network & Internet > Dial-up > Broadband Connection > Remove. But it did not work. Then I tried to reset the network adapter to see it would work Setting > Network &...
  6. Cannot dial-up after network adapter reset Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot dial-up after network adapter reset Windows 11: Hi, has anyone got a solution? I was trying to remove one of the dial-up connection profiles Setting > Network & Internet > Dial-up > Broadband Connection > Remove. But it did not work. Then I tried to reset the network adapter to see it would work Setting > Network &...
  7. DUN dial-up networking - how to delay start of PPP LCP handshake after dial-up connection...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    DUN dial-up networking - how to delay start of PPP LCP handshake after dial-up connection...: I want to configure a Windows 10 DUN dial-up networking connection so that after I dial out to a 3G HSPA cellular modem using "ATD*99#" to establish a PPP packet-radio connection, the DUN service will wait for a certain delay period typically anywhere from 500ms to 1 second...
  8. server 2012 r2 error Could not load Dial-in profile for this user, network path not found

server 2012 r2 error Could not load Dial-in profile for this user, network path not found: i have samaba winbind and pptpd member of active directory 2012 r2 i use if for vpn its work fine but when one or two user connect with vpn active directory start problem in user profile dial in tab Could not load Dial-in profile for this user, network path not found...
  9. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode: Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode

Dial-Up network disconnects after sleep mode: Hello guys, I have a PPPoE connection and each time PC comes back from sleep mode, it's disconnected. I disabled the "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" from the network adapter, the problem persists. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 129987

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dial up networking win 10

2. dial-upnetwork connection phone number

3. microsoft dial up networking phone

4. what was dial up networking,
  5. dial up connection windows 10,
  6. windows 10 dial-up connection problem wi-fi