Windows 10: Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.

Discus and support Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; After doing the usual with the BIOS I attempted to install Windows 8.1 from a bootable USB flash drive. However, the opening W.8.1dialog box,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by robinpe, Jul 30, 2016.

1. robinpe Win User

Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.

After doing the usual with the BIOS I attempted to install Windows 8.1 from a bootable USB flash drive. However, the opening W.8.1dialog box, (language, etc.) was so small I had to use a magnifying glass to read it. And more importantly I could not get it to operate when clicking on OK. My intentions were for a dual installation of W.10 & W.8.1. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

robinpe, Jul 30, 2016

2. Cannot update Windows 10 from version 1607 to 1709

Well, it worked...kind of. It turns out my BIOS (which is legacy and not UEFI) saw my flash drive as a USB HDD and listed it under "Hard Drives" in the boot menu along with my internal drive and my external USB drive. I selected the flash drive, and
    after about 45 seconds, I got a dialog box that said something to the effect of "It looks like you started an upgrade and then booted from an installation media. To proceed with the upgrade, remove the installation media and click YES. To proceed with a
    clean installation, click NO." I was afraid that doing a clean install would wipe all my files and programs, so I clicked YES and the PC booted into Windows.

Michael Pettitt, Jul 30, 2016
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 from USB "System drive is too small" (?)

There is a possibility that the issue is within the flash drive itself. Before performing clean installation, you can reformat the flash drive before recreating it as an installation media. This is for us to make sure that there are no corrupted files saved
    on the flash drive and to reduce the chance of getting the error "System drive is too small".

Please make sure that you back up all of your files before performing clean installation so that you could access them after reinstalling Windows on your device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Darleen Pen, Jul 30, 2016
Thema:

Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small.

1. Dialog box from a clean USB flash drive's installation is too small. - Similar Threads - Dialog box clean

2. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  3. dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dialog box fonts too small even when 200% display: Hey, I've adjusted my display to be 200% on my computer. But the dialog boxes inside word and xls are all 9pt and I can't figure out how to fix. This is really problematic guys. visually impaired and NOT accessible. Other advice to adjust the display setting and increase by...
  4. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  5. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  6. Win 10 clean install from USB created too small a "system reserve partition"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 clean install from USB created too small a "system reserve partition": Hi, I created the Win 10 installation media on USB from the download site around Jan 28, 2021. I used it now Feb 9 2021 to do a clean install of Win 10 and took the advanced install option. At the disk partition screen I deleted all the existing partitions on drive 0 and...
  7. Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read

Attempting to install programs but the dialog box/installer is too small and impossible to read: I have a Dell XPS 13 laptop purchased in 2019. I have attempted to download and install a couple of programs but every time the dialog box, installer, or whatever you want to call it appears its extremely small and nearly unreadable. As far as I know Microsoft/Dell related...
  8. Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive

Windows 10 clean installation from flash drive: I have an older HP laptop originally running Windows 7. I had upgraded to Windows 10 during the free upgrade offer at W10 launch. I recently had to replace the hard drive and then used recovery discs specific to my computer. I wanted to re-install Windows 10 so I...
  9. Problem with clean install from flash drive

Problem with clean install from flash drive: My computer : Asus X205TA Pre installed 8.1 free upgrade 10 32 G SSD I attempted to clean install 10 version 1803. Does anyone know how I can complete the installation with no keyboard or network drivers. I have the...
  10. Clean Install: I get a download dialog box unexpectedly.

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Install: I get a download dialog box unexpectedly.: Maybe this is a question for the Crome Forum - so I'll post it there too. I, seeming randomly, get a pop-up dialog box which shows a filename and a place to choose where I want to download it to (you know, this is the standard download window when you want to download an app...