Windows 10: Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

Discus and support Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RhysDRFC, Mar 13, 2019.

1. RhysDRFC Win User

Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor

Hello,

so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason.

there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is. the larger monitor is only there to show an excel spreadsheet. which is fine. my issue comes up when the workers are using there most used application, print station. a dialog box pops up, but it pops up on the larger monitor around the corner.

usually in this case i would just re arrange the monitors because in my testing this worked. obviously this cannot be done here.

i have tried moving the dialog boxes to the correct screen closing then reopening,
    re installing bartender,
    updating windows to the WSUS,
    swapping the hdmi and the vga ports using adaptors,

i have also contacted the bartender support to see what they said, just said what i already attempted

windows version 1809.
    bartender/printstation version 10.1.SR4]

thanks in advance,
    Rhys

***Modified title from: dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue***

:)

RhysDRFC, Mar 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 dialog box pops up in the wrong monitor

I want to keep the dialog boxes on the monitor in which the software they were created from, yet they keep popping up on the main monitor. I drag the software over and then take my wireless keyboard and mouse over to that monitor to get work done. When
    the input dialog box pops up on the "main" monitor and not the monitor I am working with, it is a hassle. What is the solution?

BenPhelps107, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Win 10 two monitors: pop ups and dialog boxes appear in "wrong" monitor

Hello,

We suggest that you create a new thread regarding your concern with your monitor. See this
    link
    to know how.

Regards.

Marvin Barc, Mar 13, 2019
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Dual Monitor Pop-up issues

Hi Jack,

For us to better assist you, please answer the following questions:

• Which graphics card are you using?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you tried adjusting the screen resolution to see if the issue will persist?
    • Can you drag the pop-up dialog box to the second monitor?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Arjay Dom, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Dialog box/pop ups opening up on the second monitor - Similar Threads - Dialog box pop

2. Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Issue on Second Monitor Not Popping Up: This is a relatively minor inconvenience, but I'd still like to see if I can find a solution. I have my taskbar set to automatically hide and I have it set to show on both displays. On my main monitor, when I bring my mouse to the bottom of the screen, the taskbar pops up as...
  3. Dialog Boxes open between monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dialog Boxes open between monitors: I have 3 monitors, 1 4K 3840 x 2160 150% Scaling and 2 standard 1920 x 1080 100% Scaling. Some dialog boxes like UAC Prompts, dialog boxes and even some windowsopen up in-between monitors, usually the 4K and my main screen which is 1920x1080. I have to move the box with the...
  4. Pop up Dialog Box Backgrounds

Pop up Dialog Box Backgrounds: I have a vision disability and can't see text on white backgrounds. I'm having problems seeing these dialog boxes text. Example riggt click C drive select properties and tge dialog box opens up with a white background which i cant see any text. Ive got dark mode on everything...
  5. pop up box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    pop up box: I have a pop up box continually appearing over whatever I am doing ,....C\:\windows\System32\cmd.exe I need to know how to stop this ! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pop-up-box/93c55807-9786-4a82-a7b5-acfa7328ea45
  6. dialog box pop up

dialog box pop up: I keep receiving a reminder 'googledrivesync.exe is downloading from OneDrive' with only button available to 'Cancel'. I have cancelled, dialogue disappears then same dialogue box returns within a few minutes. I have tried the following as suggested on these forums: I’d...
  7. dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue

dialog/pop up boxes, opening on the second monitor, this is an issue: Hello, so basically, i'm a new technician about 3 months into my first job, i'm trying to complete the hardware renewals i'm still on the last one of 2018 for this reason. there is a computer that is hooked up to a big monitor around the corner from where the actual pc is....
  8. Pop up box

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Pop up box: Hi I have an Acer Aspire E1-572 Windows 10 When I switched on yesterday went to setup homegroup but for some reason it told me there was a fault. So decided to select on the Network icon next to the Homegroup and another box came on screen asking me for a user name and...
  9. Dialog/pop up boxes not displaying content fully? HELP!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Dialog/pop up boxes not displaying content fully? HELP!!!: I have a problem with pop up dialog boxes on Windows 10 not displaying the content fully. Its rather frustrating as I can not see most of the text or the buttons to click on. I have changed my resolutions to different ones and also display size but the problem still persists....
  10. preload.js dialog box keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Support
    preload.js dialog box keeps popping up: preload.js dialog box from tag.imonomy.com keeps popping up, anyone know what this is? Internet search came up empty. thanks 52720

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 two monitors: pop ups and dialog boxes appear in wrong monitor

2. how to make pop ups on the second monitor