Windows 10: Dialogs open in background-Solved after 6 months of struggle :

Discus and support Dialogs open in background-Solved after 6 months of struggle : in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Resolution: We had been struggling with modals opening in background since 6 months and the following settings has resolved it for all our clients:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jc_697, Apr 8, 2021.

1. Jc_697 Win User

Dialogs open in background-Solved after 6 months of struggle :

Resolution:

We had been struggling with modals opening in background since 6 months and the following settings has resolved it for all our clients:

Change the cache behavior in IE from “automatic” to “Every time the page changes” and you will never face this quirky issue :

:)

Jc_697, Apr 8, 2021

2. Background applications

Hi Robert,

We understand that you don't want some apps to run on the background of your computer. What we suggest is to
    control which apps are allowed to run in the background. To see which apps have permission, just follow the below steps:

• Open the Start menu or Start screen and select “Settings.”
    • Click or tap the “Privacy” icon in the Settings.
    • Scroll down to the bottom of the list and select “Background apps.”
    • You’ll see a list of apps that have permission to run in the background with an “On/Off” toggle.
    Just bear in mind that, apps normally run in the background to update their live tiles, download new data, and receive notifications. If you want an app to continue performing these functions, you should allow it to continue running in
    the background.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Apr 8, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    Open and Save As Dialog Boxes not working

Hello,

If the Open and Save As dialog boxes are not appearing, there might be a process or service that is conflicting with that function of Windows. We recommend that you perform a clean boot of Windows. This would aid eliminate software conflicts that occur when
    using Windows.

Note: Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality when performing a clean boot. If you start the computer normally, the functionality returns. However, you may receive the original issue.

Here's how to perform a clean boot environment in Windows 10:

• Press the Start button, then type msconfig, and select
      System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click to select the Hide all Microsoft services check box, then select
      Disable all.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, click OK, and then restart your computer.

After performing a clean boot environment of Windows, see if the Open
    and Save As dialog boxes work as they should be. If it works, then you may follow the steps below on how to determine what is causing the problem while in a clean boot environment:

• Log on to the computer by using an account that has administrator rights.
    • From Start. search for msconfig, then select
      msconfig or System Configuration from the search results.
    • Click the Services tab, and then click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services
      check box.
    • Click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the Service list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
    • After the computer finishes restarting, determine whether the problem still occurs.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 1 through
        , but clear the lower half of the check boxes in the Service
        list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 1 through
        , and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Service list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem when only one service is selected in the
        Service
        list, this means that the selected service causes the problem, and you should go to step
        10. If no service causes the problem, go to step 7.
    • Repeat steps 1 and 2 in this section.
    • Click the Startup tab, then click to select the upper half of the check boxes in the
      Startup Item list.
    • Click OK, and then click Restart.
      • If the problem still occurs, repeat steps 7 and 8, but clear the lower half of the checked boxes in the
        Startup Item list that you originally selected.
      • If the problem does not occur, repeat steps 7 and 8, and select only the upper half of the remaining check boxes that are cleared in the
        Startup Item list. Repeat these steps until you have selected all the check boxes.
      • If you still experience the problem after only one Startup Item
        is selected in the Startup Item list, this means that the selected
        Startup Item causes the problem, and you should go to step
      • If no Startup Item causes the problem, a Microsoft service probably causes the problem. To determine which Microsoft service may be causing the problem, repeat steps
        1 through 6 without selecting the Hide all Microsoft services
        check box in each step.
    • After you determine the startup item or the service that causes the problem, contact the program manufacturer to determine whether the problem can be resolved. Or, run the
      System Configuration utility, and then click to clear the check box for the problem item.

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask us.

If you think this was useful, feel free to mark it as an answer to help those who are facing the same problem.

David Haz, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Dialogs open in background-Solved after 6 months of struggle :

Changing the background in Windows 10 from picture foders created on the hard drive?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in response

I would suggest you to try the following steps:

• Open Desktop Background by right clicking on the desktop clicking Personalization

• Click the picture or color that you want to use for your desktop background.

• If the picture you want to use isn't in the list of desktop background pictures, click an item in the Picture location list to see other categories, or click Browse to search for the picture on your computer.
      When you find the picture that you want, double-click it. It will become your desktop background.

Hope this helps.

Waseemulla S, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Dialogs open in background-Solved after 6 months of struggle :

1. Dialogs open in background-Solved after 6 months of struggle : - Similar Threads - Dialogs open background

2. SOLVED: Add "Recent Folders" to Save As/Open dialogs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SOLVED: Add "Recent Folders" to Save As/Open dialogs Windows 10: The fix is to update the registry, in two places, to ShellFolder "Attributes"=dword:70010020 Here’s where I got the info: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAOgx86xPfY&ab_channel=TechVideosbyThePhinxIf helpful, at @3:27 they walk through the necessary permission...
  3. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  4. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update never install after 6 months: I never use the PC for 6 months and today I decided to restore it by using and updating Windows. This PC never change any components so I decided to update my system. I got plenty of updates showing in settings and when I try to update I receive error message. How can I fully...
  5. Update never install after 6 months

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Struggling to update windows [solved]

Struggling to update windows [solved]: I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i...
  7. Struggling to update windows [solved]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Struggling to update windows [solved]: I bought a laptop a few months ago and ever since then i havent had enough time to update my old pc, i havent updated it since january and today i booted it up and went straight to windows update, at first it was taking an extrememly long time to check for updates and then i...
  8. Struggling to update windows [solved]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Modal Dialogs are opening in Background and invisible and Transparent

Modal Dialogs are opening in Background and invisible and Transparent: Hello, We have a website where in the modal popups windows dialogs are opening in background and not visible to the user giving a feel that website is freezed as the modal is stuck in the background. Struggling with this since 2 months and this issue is not coming to all...
  10. Daily BSOD for 6 months

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Daily BSOD for 6 months: Hi. Looking to pin point whether it's a driver issue or hardware. So far, I've done the basic memory diagnostic tool for both RAM pieces seperately and they've come fine. I will do an overnight one tonight unless told otherwise if someone checks my dump files before I go to...