Windows 10: Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click.

Discus and support Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Win 10 system. I am on automatic updates as well. Over the past several months, my MS Office apps, and other apps like CorelDraw and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mikerho, Sep 3, 2017.

1. mikerho Win User

Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click.

I have a Win 10 system. I am on automatic updates as well. Over the past several months, my MS Office apps, and other apps like CorelDraw and ChemSketch, I have had significant "hanging". For instance, when I go to save a file, I click on Save, and it takes up to a few minutes for the Save dialog box to finally appear. When I click on a file, it can take just as long for the file I just clicked to be highlighted. To get things done, I have to memorize the mouse and keystrokes needed to save a file or any other <File> menu option. Even though the screen is not showing my input, the computer knows what is happening.

Everything else about my system seems just fine. No problem streaming videos or any other web functions. No startup issues. My core temps are 20 - 50ºC. Another thing, the problem is not as pronounced when my system is first turned on.

My system:

Component

Description
    Processor AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 8-Core 4.0GHz Motherboard 1 x GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 6 x RAM 4 x HyperX Fury Black Series 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DD (32 GB Total) Video Card PowerColor AXR7 260X 2GBD5-DHV4E/OC Radeon R7 260X 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 SSD 1 x Crucial MX200 CT250MX200SSD1 2.5" 250GB SATA 6Gbps Power Supply 1 x Rosewill RD700-M - Stallion Series 700-Watt Modular ATX 12V Case 1 x DIYPC Gamemax-BK Black Dual USB 3.0 ATX Full Tower
    Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

Mike

:)

mikerho, Sep 3, 2017
  2. bhallnerd Win User

Solution: inadvertent resizing of text and icons using touchpad on older laptops after upgrading to Windows 10

For those using the Synaptics ClickPad Driver you might have issues from the above instructions finding where the "Pinch Zoom" is located.

After you click on "Additional mouse options" the "Mouse Properties" dialog will appear.

On the "Device Settings" Tab there is a button called "Settings" click on this and it will bring up the "Properties" Dialog for the ClickPad. It is on this dialog that you will find this option mentioned.

bhallnerd, Sep 3, 2017
  3. Why win 10 take a long time to install after downloading?

Depends on many features like number of installed programs,your motherboard speed,data present in C:/ etc etc

Sumit Dhiman2, Sep 3, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, it may be you have conflicting shell extensions, or registry entries remaining to shell extensions relating to uninstalled programs.

Try comparing performance in Safe Mode.

Then in normal mode, try a clean boot and compare performance.

Then to identify possible shell extension issues, use e.g.
    Shellmenuview
    and possibly Autoruns if any remain. (free, no need to log off).
    (No one program lists all if a lot are present).

dalchina, Sep 3, 2017
Thema:

1. Dialogs take a long time to appear after mouse click. - Similar Threads - Dialogs long appear

2. Right click on Desktop takes long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop takes long time: For some reason when I use the RMB while in desktop it takes around 5 seconds to open and only in desktop... In games,Programs,etc.... it is smooth. Any way to fix that? submitted by /u/AhmedKiller2015 [link] [comments]...
  3. Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10: Hello, I'm facing a problem regarding my laptop's right click menu. It takes a long time for the menu to appear when i use my right click about 30-60 seconds. It is very frustrating as it makes the cursor unable to use on the desktop while it is loading. I...
  4. long loding time with right mouse click on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    long loding time with right mouse click on desktop: hi it takes just under 2 minutes for the right clicked menu to load on the desktop during which i can't interact with anything on the desktop but i can use the rest of the computer. ex: can't do: right click -> personalization can do: start -> settings ->...
  5. Refresh takes long time

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Refresh takes long time: When I am refreshing my laptop it takes long time and other functions also do not work in that time. Please help me.what i do now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refresh-takes-long-time/ad06e73f-0345-4a39-a9ba-f0ebf6dc5cb9
  6. Mouse right click taking time to load

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse right click taking time to load: Hi, I am facing an issue about mouse click. When right click it takes 7-8 seconds to populates the list. Please give some suggestion.. Thanks in advance....
  7. Right Click > New list, taking too long to appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click > New list, taking too long to appear.: When I right-click any where, then hover mouse over New, it takes some time to view the list. I've tried lots of solutions but nothing works....
  8. Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Maximizing by double clicking shortcuts of programs take long time: Previously if I double clicked the shortcuts of Steam, Origin and Uplay while they were running instantly maximized their windows. Now if I double click them it takes a long time before they are maximized as if the computer is reloading them from scratch. I also have GOG...
  9. Login takes a long time

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Login takes a long time: Hi, since the fresh installation of win10 after awhile login takes a long time. I created a new user and copied all my files to that account and the problem was solved but after 3-4 Weeks it gets slower and now it almost takes a minute to login into windows. Booting is...
  10. Context menu takes a long time to appear

in Windows 10 Support
    Context menu takes a long time to appear: So recently I just found this weird thing where Context menu would take a while maybe around 5-10 seconds to load but this would only happen if I right click one of the nvidia driver installation files it doesn't do this with any other file and I think this happened because i...