Windows 10: Dick Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?

Discus and support Dick Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I use disk cleanup, the process takes forever to clean up my drive. How can I fix this? 126425 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by yahanna, Jan 31, 2019.

1. yahanna Win User

Dick Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?

Whenever I use disk cleanup, the process takes forever to clean up my drive. How can I fix this?

:)

yahanna, Jan 31, 2019

2. DISK CLEANUP

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Which files are you trying to delete using disk clean up?
    2. Which version of Windows are you currently using?

Please reply back with the information to the above questions in order to provide you with appropriate troubleshooting steps:

I understand that you are trying to free up memory using Disk Cleanup. If you are trying to delete files using disk cleanup on Windows 10, I suggest you to refer the following article on

Disk cleanup in Windows 10
    for steps to perform disk clean up on your PC.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 31, 2019
  3. STEvil Win User
    Fan control for 4870X2 broken in 1.17

Fixed fan controls yes. Annoying profiles yes. Buggy code yes.

I'd rather just set it and forget it as the feature list of RBE suggested it was capable of doing.

STEvil, Jan 31, 2019
  4. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Jan 31, 2019
Thema:

1. Dick Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It? - Similar Threads - Dick Cleanup Broken

2. Disk Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?: Whenever I use disk cleanup, the process takes forever to clean up my drive. How can I fix this? 126425
  3. Disk Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disk Cleanup is Broken.. How Do I Fix It?: Whenever I use disk cleanup, the process takes forever to clean up my drive. How can I fix this? 126425
  4. If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If there is NO "START" how do I fix This windows fix?: I have a Catch-22 problem. YES! I have Administrator access! Questions are in RED. OK, orange it is! Sheesh. Not allowed RED!!!! Preamble: Like millions of others, I arrived home to fine my 7 shanghaied to 10. With so much grief, I resorted to using my Vista box but the...
  5. How do I fix this error?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I fix this error?: Whenever I try to run most games, whether it be from Steam, Origin, Uplay or the Windows store, if the game uses Direct3D I get this error: Failed to initialize Direct3D. Make sure you have at least DirectX 9.0c installed, have drivers for your graphics card and have not...
  6. how do i fix this

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how do i fix this: Log Name: Application Source: SideBySide Date: 7/7/2018 9:56:34 AM Event ID: 33 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: LAPTOP-P4BA8CNS Description: Activation context generation failed for...
  7. how do I fix InstallAgentUserBroker?

in Windows 10 Support
    how do I fix InstallAgentUserBroker?: I suspect it wants to update Windows apps from Windows Store. I do not want anything from Windows Store .... EVER. I do not want Windows apps .... EVER. I do not have the receipt for the Windows 10 Pro I paid USD$150 for, nor the install disc: it came from and was installed...
  8. Disk Cleanup seems to be broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk Cleanup seems to be broken: When I try to run it, it seems to do the job just fine. After, let it scan for files again, and you'll see that the 'Files to delete' are the same as before: nothing got deleted. Is there any way to reset Disk Cleanup? 104058
  9. How Do I fix This Please?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I fix This Please?: I'm only new to windows 10 but I am worried about what I see here. I do not own a mobile phone that is connected to Virgin for a start. I also seem to get other funny connections that are not mine similar to the Virgin Mobile one you can see below on the image. [img]...
  10. How do i fix this

in Windows 10 Support
    How do i fix this: okay so i made a user account today. my husband already had his own. somehow our email address, got switched around. so my Microsoft email is on his computer user account. and his Microsoft email is on my computer user account. i have no idea how to fix it. i hope i explained...