Windows 10: Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

Discus and support Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi I have used dictate extensively in the past. It is now adding in full stops and staring sentences when it is actually one senate. Its done this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adriennemontes, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

Hi I have used dictate extensively in the past. It is now adding in full stops and staring sentences when it is actually one senate. Its done this multiple times. I have used dictate very often but this is a new issue.

:)

adriennemontes, Apr 10, 2022
  2. Kai Ponte Win User

Punctuation in Spoken Texts

Okay, I stand corrected. I just was going post a screenshot of how dictation does not handle punctuation. As I did the dictation, I noticed something. The words, "question mark" and "comma" were put on the screen, then replaced by the correct punctuation.

Yay!

Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input 943c166c-8e7e-4b6f-9d81-a485a1854442.png

Kai Ponte, Apr 10, 2022
  3. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

Dictate text using Speech Recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Apr 10, 2022
  4. JanetLuk Win User

Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

Chinese Punctuation Input in Windows 10

Hi all I have upgraded my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 recently. However I cannot find a way to input any Chinese punctuations when I type Chinese using Changjie. I used to do that when I opened the IME pad or right click the language icon but I cannot
    do that anymore in Windows 10. Can someone help me to find a way to input Chinese punctuations? Do I need to install anything extra to do that under the new operating system?

JanetLuk, Apr 10, 2022
Thema:

Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

1. Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input - Similar Threads - Dictate punctuation incorrect

2. Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h: Hi,While using the Windows + h dictation tool, I will say 'full stop' but it will not change it to an actual full stop instead of the words. I have tried with other punctuation when dictating and it still will not work.Thanks Katie...
  3. Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Punctuation not working while using the dictation tool Windows + h: Hi,While using the Windows + h dictation tool, I will say 'full stop' but it will not change it to an actual full stop instead of the words. I have tried with other punctuation when dictating and it still will not work.Thanks Katie...
  4. Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input: Hi I have used dictate extensively in the past. It is now adding in full stops and staring sentences when it is actually one senate. Its done this multiple times. I have used dictate very often but this is a new issue....
  5. Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dictate punctuation incorrect without my input: Hi I have used dictate extensively in the past. It is now adding in full stops and staring sentences when it is actually one senate. Its done this multiple times. I have used dictate very often but this is a new issue....
  6. winows resized without my input

in Windows 10 Customization
    winows resized without my input: the windows all look like i am in safe mode and there are black borders on both sides on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/winows-resized-without-my-input/663bdda1-1bde-4b3d-8c26-66cbcf3f2c77
  7. Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.

in Cortana
    Punctuation formatting issues when using dictation in Windows 10.: The dictation is pretty slick, however it leaves a lot of messy formatting to clean up. For example I dictate a sentence and then say period. It always puts a space before the period. Similarly when i say open quote it always leaves a space after the quote. Is there a...
  8. Punctuation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Punctuation: Why does back slash right hashtags and when i press shift-backslash it writes a ~. but i i do what im supposed to do to write a ~, i get a ¬. shift-2 writes ". shift-3 writes £. shift-' writes @. How do i fix? BTW I choose windows cuz i think it software issue. but how to...
  9. Unsual punctuation in text.

in Windows 10 Support
    Unsual punctuation in text.: I use Netvibes as news reader for several rss feeds. They all seem to work fine except for USAToday. In that group, certain punctuation marks appear as &Apos;something or other. Here is an example of one case. Week's appears as Week&Apos;s The ' is replaced by the &Apos...
  10. Punctuation problem

in Windows 10 Support
    Punctuation problem: Since the upgrade to Windows 10 I've been having a problem with punctuation marks in gmail. Specifically, question marks are being substituted for quotation marks and apostrophes, and maybe others. Any ideas why this is happening? TIA, Bob 28674