Windows 10: Dictation bar shows up... only solution I found is garbage.

Discus and support Dictation bar shows up... only solution I found is garbage. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; To clarify, the bar will only show up if I use the trackpad. Only experienced this on 1803, and I am NOT updating. Only solutions I found disable... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PuppyFuzz, Feb 6, 2020.

1. PuppyFuzz Win User

Dictation bar shows up... only solution I found is garbage.

To clarify, the bar will only show up if I use the trackpad. Only experienced this on 1803, and I am NOT updating. Only solutions I found disable everything, including Cortana, and I want to keep her. Either way, it still shows up if I disable it, prompting me to turn it back on. I just want to use my laptop, but Dictation won't leave me alone. I need help getting this feature a.k.a bloatware off of my laptop. Completely. I don't want to see it ever again. Did I mention this thing typed up a full private conversation? Without my consent. AND SENT IT TO MICROSOFT.

As I am typing this post, I plan to check services.msc and disable, or delete the source. Only delete if it's strange.

:)

PuppyFuzz, Feb 6, 2020

2. Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Feb 6, 2020
  3. Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 6, 2020
  4. Dictation bar shows up... only solution I found is garbage.

People Bar is not showing up.

Hi,

The missing People Bar could have been disabled when you turn off your computer. To properly diagnose this issue, we would like to know more about the issue by asking the following questions below:

• What is the last action taken before you turn off the computer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 do you have installed on your computer?
    • Have you attempted to perform any of the troubleshooting steps?

To enable people icon on your taskbar, we suggest that you follow the steps provided below:

• Click on the Start button on Windows 10 and choose Settings.
    • Next, open the Settings app and choose Personalization icon.
    • select Taskbar to open all taskbar settings.
    • Look for People section, turn on Show people on the taskbar to show the People bar from the taskbar.

We look forward to your response and for the results for us to assist you further.

Anthony Gal, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

Dictation bar shows up... only solution I found is garbage.

1. Dictation bar shows up... only solution I found is garbage. - Similar Threads - Dictation bar shows

2. GPU not showing / inputting black screen with no solution found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GPU not showing / inputting black screen with no solution found: Hi community!TechIntel Core i7-13700K non ocAsus TUF Z790-PLUS WIFI 16GB * 2 Corsair Vengeance DDR5 Hynix 6000MHz CL30Gigabyte RTX 4090 OCCorsair RM850X Power SupplyI was running on iGPU to see what I could do and do hardware swaps when turning the pc off;Used GTX 1650 to see...
  3. GPU not showing / inputting black screen with no solution found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU not showing / inputting black screen with no solution found: Hi community!TechIntel Core i7-13700K non ocAsus TUF Z790-PLUS WIFI 16GB * 2 Corsair Vengeance DDR5 Hynix 6000MHz CL30Gigabyte RTX 4090 OCCorsair RM850X Power SupplyI was running on iGPU to see what I could do and do hardware swaps when turning the pc off;Used GTX 1650 to see...
  4. I found a solution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I found a solution: I had an issue with my graphics, there've been glitched by a couple of days and the solution was turning ON the NVIDIA settings in all contexy of work, i don't know why but the GPU integrated works pretty bad and made that issue, at least in my case, if someone need help,...
  5. I found a solution

I found a solution: I had an issue with my graphics, there've been glitched by a couple of days and the solution was turning ON the NVIDIA settings in all contexy of work, i don't know why but the GPU integrated works pretty bad and made that issue, at least in my case, if someone need help,...
  6. I found a solution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. I found a solution to the Taskbar Scroll Bar issue.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I found a solution to the Taskbar Scroll Bar issue.: While trying to get the taskbar scroll bar off, i found out a way to do it, which is very easy. 1. Go to the taskbar settings. 2. Look for "Combine Taskbar Buttons" 3. Select the "Always, hide labels" option. And ta-da, it is gone! I am not sure if this works for other...
  8. Solution found

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Solution found: Solution found https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solution-found/08a67071-43b3-44a5-afa7-6b4100ba33f8
  9. OneNote dictate not showing

OneNote dictate not showing: I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears again permanently....
  10. Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook Calendar Showing Garbage: I have a client who's users are using Outlook 2007. When one user creates a calendar event and another user double-clicks on the event, a window opens but instead of showing the text of the event, the body of the event shows what looks like HTML code. I have been Googling but...