Windows 10: Dictation feature for Canada region

Discus and support Dictation feature for Canada region in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ... so cannot open Dictation. Elsewhere people found changing "keyboard layout" fixed this but I don't know how to do this and those threads were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by TeeeR, Dec 27, 2018.

1. TeeeR Win User

Dictation feature for Canada region

... so cannot open Dictation. Elsewhere people found changing "keyboard layout" fixed this but I don't know how to do this and those threads were locked for some stupid reason.

Edit: Googled it: Used Windows Key + Spacebar to toggle keyboard layout to US English. That worked. Can now use Windows Key + H to open Dictation. That only took a few hours to fix!

Great work Microsoft! Maybe English Canada keyboard layout should also utilize the Dictation shortcut?!

Maybe Start > Search > Keyboard layout should show this instead of leading to all kinds of useless settings?!

***Modified Title from: Windows Key + H Does Nothing***

:)

TeeeR, Dec 27, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Windows 10 and Cortana in Canada

Hi Philip,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Cortana is available in Canada.

Have you set the region and language correctly?

I suggest you to set the region to Canada and language as
    U.S English
    and check if it helps:

• Go to Control Panel and select Clock, Region and Language.

• Click on Language to set
      English (United States)
      as default.

• Next select Region and in the dropdown select country as
      Canada
    Please reply with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Dictation feature for Canada region

Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Dictation feature for Canada region

1. Dictation feature for Canada region - Similar Threads - Dictation feature Canada

2. how to enable the dictation feature in my Windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to enable the dictation feature in my Windows 10pro: I would like to use to convert my voice notes into text. However, while trying to use the dicatation feature or voice typing feature by clicking the window icon and H , it directs me to OneNote and Mail feature of Microsoft and from there, it's dead end. Tried different...
  3. how to enable the dictation feature in my Windows 10pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to enable the dictation feature in my Windows 10pro: I would like to use to convert my voice notes into text. However, while trying to use the dicatation feature or voice typing feature by clicking the window icon and H , it directs me to OneNote and Mail feature of Microsoft and from there, it's dead end. Tried different...
  4. AMC in Canada

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMC in Canada: Hello everyone, I live in Canada and enjoy _The Walking Dead_ franchise. Since the original show began, I've been watching via Microsoft's Film & TV App typically on my Xbox, and this extended to _Fear the Walking Dead_ as well. Now that the series has started again,...
  5. I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.

in Cortana
    I can't use cortana even though my region is in Canada.: I currently live in Canada and am supposed to be able to use Cortana. I even went on region settings and everything was Canadian except for a few small things like my keyboard which was set to American. I even tried changing my region to America and my language to American...
  6. dictate

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    dictate: how to dictate in win10 on 365 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictate/f457fee5-5a2a-418a-b4c6-b79cf27165c5
  7. Cortana in Canada

in Cortana
    Cortana in Canada: When will Cortana (English) be available in Canada? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-in-canada/b9373591-ed96-46f8-ab90-a8f186df03e3"
  8. English (Canada)

in Windows 10 Customization
    English (Canada): Yes Microsoft, you got it right. You say the problem is at your end, and it is indeed. Now, how can I retry? Version 1909. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/english-canada/4510e292-4fc7-430c-9625-ef78d7344cf0
  9. Dictation feature - set up and use

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Dictation feature - set up and use: Need help getting started with dictation feature - set up microphone, launch distation https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-feature-set-up-and-use/0cfb97fc-e62b-4b8c-9ccc-69a0c5ea4e4d
  10. Cortana in Canada

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana in Canada: I am in New Brunswick Canada. build 9926. I really wanted to try the Cortana feature, just wondering if this is not available in Canada? 4357