Windows 10: dictation in MS Word 2016

Discus and support dictation in MS Word 2016 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; MS Word does not activate mic when I click on mic icon. mic does work thru Cortana but not through Word icon.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jimb&K, Feb 28, 2019.

1. jimb&K Win User

dictation in MS Word 2016

MS Word does not activate mic when I click on mic icon. mic does work thru Cortana but not through Word icon.

:)

jimb&K, Feb 28, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10

Hi Jeffrey,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

• Is the issue specific to MS Word?
    • Does the issue persist on other applications like
      WordPad
      ?

If the issue is specific to Word, you may want to turn off
    Smart Formatting
    and check if it works.

• Open Word, and click on File.
    • Click on Options and choose
      Advanced.

• Under Editing Options, uncheck
      Use smart paragraph selection
      and Use smart cursoring.
    • Click on OK.

Restart Word, try dictating to see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Feb 28, 2019
  3. Cathy-933 Win User
    How to dictate text into Word using Windows 10

How do you dictate to Word 2016. I have Cortana, but don`t know how to hook it up with Word. I ask Cortana and get sent in circles. Getting ready to throw Cortana out the window. I am not tech savvy and need step by step instructions.

Cathy-933, Feb 28, 2019
  4. dictation in MS Word 2016

Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    3. Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    4. Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 28, 2019
Thema:

dictation in MS Word 2016

1. dictation in MS Word 2016 - Similar Threads - dictation Word 2016

2. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  3. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Customization
    MS Word 2016 'Quick Print': There used to be a short cut to print a document prior to the latest update.Icon at the top of the page....click...and it went straight to the default printer.Instead of 'File/print/select printer'Help please....
  4. MS Word 2016 'Quick Print'

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Word Dictation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Word Dictation: Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks...
  6. Word Dictation

Word Dictation: Why is is that dictation in word works when i play videos off the web but does not work when the same videos are played from an outside source like my phone. It also does not work when i dictate using my voice. I have checked, microphone is not muted, have done several checks...
  7. dictate on word

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    dictate on word: I will be dictating my essay or something, and I will start dictate, read a couple sentences, look up to see it dictated, look down find my place, read a sentence and when l look up, dictate stopped while I was reading and never put any of the sentence I was reading. Please...
  8. Microsoft Word Dictate

Microsoft Word Dictate: Please help! I was able to use Dictate feature in the past now I get a message that says "To use Dictation, you need internet connection. Please make sure your connection is working" I have uninstalled and re-installed the program and it is still not working. Microsoft...
  9. Dictate Word 2016.

Dictate Word 2016.: Is there a program called dictate that I can download and use with Word 2016. If so where can I go to download it? Thank you in advance. Mike *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  10. Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10

Speech Dictation Problems in MS Word in Windows 10: Greetings, I am trying to start using speech dictation in MS Word. It takes dictation quite nicely. The problem is that when I say "new line" to insert a carriage return, as at the end of a paragraph, it kicks out of dictation mode. This means I have to go back to fingers...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. word dictation word 2016

2. dictate italiano word 2016

3. dictate in word 2016

4. word dictate word 2016,
  5. ms word dictation time period,
  6. dictation in word 2016,
  7. dictation for word 2016,
  8. the use of dictation in ms word support 2016,
  9. dictation word 2016 italiano,
  10. how to dictate word 2016,
  11. dictation script for flacs 2016,