Windows 10: Dictation not working.

Discus and support Dictation not working. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When dictating into a document, the dictation box pops up. I do not want to use the dictation box. When I go back to my document, it says in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by LinaSiam, Oct 11, 2018.

1. LinaSiam Win User

Dictation not working.

When dictating into a document, the dictation box pops up. I do not want to use the dictation box. When I go back to my document, it says in the dragonbar that I can dictate and use voice commands, but then my voice command is not transcribed into the document where I want it.

:)

LinaSiam, Oct 11, 2018

2. Dictation - Random Capitilization

Hi TFLJ,

It's possible that Dictation listens and analyzes your words in phrases or context clues. It is important to state the word clearly.

By the way, since when did this behavior start? Have you made any changes or installed any updates on your computer before this issue?

In order for us to sort this out, I suggest setting the Dictation to make all the letters in a word lowercase. Once this is enabled, try dictating again and see if it still randomly capitalizes letters or words.

If the issue persists, then it is best that you train again your PC to recognize your speech. Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click Ease of Access > Speech Recognition.
    • Under Configure your Speech Recognition experience, click the link Train your computer to better understand you option.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Please let me know the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Oct 11, 2018
  3. New FF - passwords

Hi:

If that setting is already enabled, then I suggest as the next troubleshooting step might be Mozilla Safe Mode (not to be confused with Windows Safe Mode)):

Troubleshoot Firefox issues using Safe Mode | Firefox Help

• Please report back and let us know the outcome, as it will dictate the next steps.
    • Also: please tell us what AV/AM/firewall programs are you running on this system?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Dictation not working.

Easy Dictation Into Windows 10 eMail?

Hi Richard,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing the Microphone/ Cortana to dictate the mails.

What is the make and model of your device?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

Follow the steps given below to run Search and Indexing Troubleshooter.

• Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

• Select the Troubleshooting option.

• Select View All option and select the
      Search and Indexing

• Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Method 2: I suggest you to search for the latest drivers for your device from the Microsoft website, try to download all the updates and check if it helps.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Dictation not working.

1. Dictation not working. - Similar Threads - Dictation working

2. Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...: Hi,I installed Windows 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 2x this week and was using the Windows Key + H combo to activate the dictation feature. I successfully used dictation to compose some e-mails this way. This week,...
  3. Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...: Hi,I installed Windows 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 2x this week and was using the Windows Key + H combo to activate the dictation feature. I successfully used dictation to compose some e-mails this way. This week,...
  4. My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.: I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already tried them or don't know how to follow them thru.When the microphone comes up it either reads ' initializing' or ' to use...
  5. My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

My dictation used to wo rk some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.: I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already tried them or don't know how to follow them thru.When the microphone comes up it either reads ' initializing' or ' to use...
  6. My dictation used to work some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My dictation used to work some of the time. Now it doesn't work at all.: I can only find my Microphone by clicking on window's Insignia + H this is the only way.I've gone thru several Microsoft q/a and have either already tried them or don't know how to follow them thru.When the microphone comes up it either reads ' initializing' or ' to use...
  7. dictation not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dictation not working: dictation says not connected to internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-not-working/6923cc58-faf1-4853-b0af-29a3400332f7
  8. dictation not working

dictation not working: dictation says not connected to internet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dictation-not-working/6923cc58-faf1-4853-b0af-29a3400332f7
  9. Windows dictation is no longer working. It says " something went wrong, try again in a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows dictation is no longer working. It says " something went wrong, try again in a...: Windows dictation is no longer working. It says " something went wrong, try again in a little while. Seems like this was a server issue last year. Same issue? Any suggestions?...
  10. Windows dictation is no longer working. It says " something went wrong, try again in a...

Windows dictation is no longer working. It says " something went wrong, try again in a...: Windows dictation is no longer working. It says " something went wrong, try again in a little while. Seems like this was a server issue last year. Same issue? Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 dictation not working

2. windows dictation not working

3. windows dictation doesnt work

4. dictate option not working in office 2019,
  5. dictate option not working,
  6. Microsoft phone dictation not working,
  7. dictate feature not showing all languages as options,
  8. dictation not opening