Windows 10: dictation on onenote

Discus and support dictation on onenote in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; when i use dictation by pressing the windows key + H on onenote after a while of using it, it says "something went wrong, please try again later" then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Deecomputer, Sep 22, 2020.

1. dictation on onenote

when i use dictation by pressing the windows key + H on onenote after a while of using it, it says "something went wrong, please try again later" then i have to close is and leave it for a while before i can use it again. after it says something went wrong the dictation won't work at all, anywhere.

:)

Deecomputer, Sep 22, 2020

2. OneNote dictate not showing

I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears
    again permanently. I tried a test where I changed his profile to an admin one but the Dictate still does not show up.

Help appreciated.

AlanMatchett, Sep 22, 2020
  3. issybp Win User
    OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

I dont have the dictate button, or any audio to text option showing up on my OneNote. when i tried to download the Learning Tools app, it said that I didnt have OneNote (i do) and would have to download it - I think the app might be for an earlier version
    of OneNote and isnt compatible with the version for Windows 10?

Can someone assist me in getting dictation on my OneNote?

Thanks

issybp, Sep 22, 2020
  4. dictation on onenote

Dictation not working.

Hello Lina,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. Are you using dictation in Windows or Office application?
    2. Since when are you facing this issue?
    3. Did you make any changes to the computer before this issue started?

I suggest you to follow the below mentioned steps:

Step 1: To dictate text:

1. Open Speech Recognition by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking Ease of Access, and then clicking Windows Speech Recognition.

2. Say "start listening" or click the Microphone button to start the listening mode.

3. Open the program you want to use or select the text box you want to dictate text into.

4. Say the text that you want dictate.

Step 2: You may refer Microsoft article related to Dictating text:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4042244/windows-10-use-dictation

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14198/windows-7-dictate-text-using-speech-recognition

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking "Yes or No.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Sep 22, 2020
Thema:

dictation on onenote

1. dictation on onenote - Similar Threads - dictation onenote

2. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  3. Creating a keystroke for Dictate?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating a keystroke for Dictate?: I would like to create a hotkey/shortcut to activate Dictate any window, not just Word instead of having to mouse click to activate. Has this been done? How do I do it? I'd use keys like this:...
  4. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  5. Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart

Since the last few days, voice dictation freezes up occasionally, requiring a system restart: It is also possible to restart it by right clicking on the task bar, going into the Task Manager, typing 'input' into the search bar and ending the Windows input Experience task. I am a frequent user of this feature of Windows, and it's really annoying how lately it stops...
  6. Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...: Hi,I installed Windows 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 2x this week and was using the Windows Key + H combo to activate the dictation feature. I successfully used dictation to compose some e-mails this way. This week,...
  7. Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...

Win 11 APPS not working: Windows Dictation Windows Key + H Not Working AFTER 2024-03...: Hi,I installed Windows 2024-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based Systems KB5035853 2x this week and was using the Windows Key + H combo to activate the dictation feature. I successfully used dictation to compose some e-mails this way. This week,...
  8. OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing

OneNote for Windows 10 dictate missing: I dont have the dictate button, or any audio to text option showing up on my OneNote. when i tried to download the Learning Tools app, it said that I didnt have OneNote i do and would have to download it - I think the app might be for an earlier version of OneNote and isnt...
  9. OneNote dictate not showing

OneNote dictate not showing: I got a laptop for my son to use the inbuilt Windows 10 OneNote and want to use the Dictate feature. It works fine on my profile on the same machine, but when I switch to my son's (child) profile the dictate button momentarily appears and then disappears again permanently....
  10. OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature

in Windows 10 News
    OneNote for Windows 10 updated with a hands-free Dictation feature: Windows 10 users are receiving an update for OneNote which brings a really handy feature to the table. OneNote, if you don’t already know, is a note-taking app with a professional touch. It is easily one of the best note-taking applications available on all platforms. Notes...