Windows 10: Dictionary in Word?

Discus and support Dictionary in Word? in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by Feathers, Jun 22, 2017.

1. Feathers Win User

Dictionary in Word?

Good evening all, I am using the latest edition of Word. I've managed to add the Thesarus icon onto the Quick Access bar but I can't do the same for a dictionary. I want to use the dictionary to learn the meaning of selected words, as opposed to adding words to the grammar dictionary. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you.

:)

Feathers, Jun 22, 2017

2. How to delete the wrong predictive words from Nokia E63?

Dear Friends,

By mistake I have entered some wrong predictive words into the Nokia’s dictionary (most probably in the custom dictionary of the phone). Now, the wrong words come every time I type the similar word and its very troublesome.

Please suggest how to delete only the wrong words from the predictive dictionary. I don’t want to reset the whole dictionary because some useful words are also there.

I am finding for a solution like the MS Word, which gives to edit its custom dictionary in a user interface.

Message Edited by narottam on 27-May-2009 10:58 AM

narottam---01, Jun 22, 2017
  3. T9 dictionary

I have words that have been added to my T9 dictionary that I want to get rid of. Presumably it's not possible to edit the dictionary. Is it possible to delete the dictionary of added words so the handset reverts to the standard dictionary? Thanks.

jonjensen---01, Jun 22, 2017
  4. Feathers Win User

Dictionary in Word?

Being new to this forum and to Windows 10 too, I'm not sure if the absence of any replys to this thread of mine is down to the way I've posed the question or whether it is so fundamentally obvious that it makes me seem like a bit of a fool. Anyway, can I ask again in a slightly different way: On the taskbar in an earlier version of Windows (with Vista OS) there were two icons, one for Thesarus and one for Encarta dictionary. On this latest Word version I have found the Thesarus and put it on the taskbar, but try as I might I cannot find any dictionary. Does anyone know how it can be accessed please? Kind regards to all.

Feathers, Jun 23, 2017
  5. lx07 Win User
    Are you using Word 2016?

You could go to Insert > My Add-ins > See All and it will take you to the Office Store.

From there you can search and add a dictionary and it will then appear in "My Add-ins".

6. Feathers Win User
    Thank you so much 1x07. I've put the Collins Dictionary into My Add-ins and I've put an icon for it on the quick access toolbar. When I click that icon it takes me to the list of add-ons and I then have to click the Collins Dictionary tab to get it open. Is there any way I can avoid having to do two moves? Can it be set up so that the Dictionary opens by just clicking the tookbar icon? Kind regards to you and many thanks for your help.

Feathers, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Dictionary in Word?

1. Dictionary in Word? - Similar Threads - Dictionary Word

2. Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...: Hi guysI can seem to find a way to remove a misspelling / misspelled word from my 'personal dictionary' in Windows 10. In Window 10 setting Inking & typing personalisation I have the 'getting to know you' setting turned on and I can tap / click on 'View your personal...
  3. Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Remove a Misspelt Word Misspelling from Personal Dictionary Inking & typing...: Hi guysI can seem to find a way to remove a misspelling / misspelled word from my 'personal dictionary' in Windows 10. In Window 10 setting Inking & typing personalisation I have the 'getting to know you' setting turned on and I can tap / click on 'View your personal...
  4. Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary

in Windows 10 Customization
    Finding a misspelled word in Windows dictionary: I am a Desktop Technicain and I have a strange issue that I cannot seem to resolve.I need to find several misspelled words that were accidently added to the dictionary. I am unable to locate the words so I can delete them. I have checked in WORD-Options- Proofing-Custom...
  5. i have an app on Window 10 longman dictionary can i save export the saved words?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i have an app on Window 10 longman dictionary can i save export the saved words?: i have an app on Window 10 longman dictionary can i save export the saved words? i have saved a lot of words on favorite, i am afraid that if formated the window that all the words i collected will begone so am i able to export those words or atleast if i download the app...
  6. Autocorrect Dictionary - Word

in Windows 10 Customization
    Autocorrect Dictionary - Word: Does anyone know how to back up the auto correct dictionary in Word when using Office 365 with Windows 10 or how to print a copy of the auto correct dictionary entries? I used to be able to do this with Windows 7 but cannot figure out how in Windows 10....
  7. Editing custom dictionary in Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Editing custom dictionary in Word: I have found how to edit 'custom.dic' and have removed some oddities that had crept in. However one problem (that I know of) remains. In MSWord, I type the correct word and when I hit return it changes to an incorrect spelling (that I must have entered by mistake at some...
  8. The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word.: The 'add to dictionary' function won't work in Word on my laptop. I have Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-add-to-dictionary-function-wont-work-in-word/84b65411-ec15-4caa-b20d-6611a82ad64b
  9. migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrating Word custom spanish dictionary from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I have a large custom dictionary in Word loaded on Windows 7 enterprise. I have tried migrating it to Windows 10 and keep failing to do this correctly. Even though I see that ithe custom dictionary is installed (I can open it and see the words), when I type the words in a...
  10. Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Spell check dictionary -- can'tfigure out how o get to it to add a word??: I want to type CNA and spell check always changes it to CAN??? Even when I go backward to correct, it corrects it again????? I', working in EXCEL in Mircrosoft Office 365. Thanks for help....