Windows 10: did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it

Discus and support did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RandyFornoff, Feb 15, 2019.

1. did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it

did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it

:)

RandyFornoff, Feb 15, 2019

2. fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Feb 15, 2019
  3. MohanC Win User
    windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Feb 15, 2019
  4. did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it

Desktop Icons Won't Stay Put

Hi Laurie,

As per the issue description I understand that you are facing issues with desktop icons.

I suggest you try the following step in order to arrange the icons.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Click on view
    • Check the option auto arrange icons.
    Let us know if this helps.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 15, 2019
Thema:

did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it

1. did a backup and reset now I have no desktop, or cant find it - Similar Threads - did backup reset

2. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a system reset and now my screen is blank: My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10...
  3. I did a system reset and now my screen is blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a system reset and now my screen is blank: My computer was experiencing a weird issue so it recommend I do a reset so I agreed and did it...and it made it to 100% and restarted.. now the screen is black and caps lock is blinking ...it worked b4 this idk what is causing this or how to fix it ...HP laptop...windows 10...
  4. I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to: I am in the hospital and just had surgery yesterday. I have my laptop, which has been connected to the free hospital wifi. I have my laptop playing all night. In the middle of the night the wifi stopped working. Nothing had changed, it just randomly stopped working. It showed...
  5. I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to: I am in the hospital and just had surgery yesterday. I have my laptop, which has been connected to the free hospital wifi. I have my laptop playing all night. In the middle of the night the wifi stopped working. Nothing had changed, it just randomly stopped working. It showed...
  6. I did a network reset and now I have no networks to connect to

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. I CREATED A WEBSITE FEW YEARS AGO-MISTERAMBROSE.COM----NOW I CANT FIND IT-WHERE DID IT GO?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I CREATED A WEBSITE FEW YEARS AGO-MISTERAMBROSE.COM----NOW I CANT FIND IT-WHERE DID IT GO?: I created a website named Misterambrose. com a few years ago and could open it whenever I wanted. Now it is not coming up at all and I have not deleted it! Can you help me locate it?...
  8. Did a total factory reset and now i cant get past the login screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did a total factory reset and now i cant get past the login screen: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Mopar1990 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ecmrwk/did_a_total_factory_reset_and_now_i_cant_get_past/
  9. I cant backup

I cant backup: I was able to backup my system and I use an external hard drive WD Passport. Can you help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-cant-backup/d4a15075-0830-43d7-b46e-54b9c6931ffd
  10. I did a PC reset with Windows 10, it failed & now I have no OS at all

I did a PC reset with Windows 10, it failed & now I have no OS at all: So I upgraded to Windows 10 last week, & after a few days decided I wanted to do the reset feature to have a nice clean install. I was also getting an annoying pop-up error that looked like some sort of malware, but virus & malware scans weren't getting rid of it. Ok, so...