Windows 10: Did a force reboot by accident

Discus and support Did a force reboot by accident in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/hackerman76 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/isu6zh/did_a_force_reboot_by_accident/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hackerman76, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Did a force reboot by accident

/u/hackerman76, Sep 14, 2020

2. how to make sure windows 10 professional does not reboot after updates

Aren't there menu settings somewhere that give options?

If so please list the steps.

Allow downloads but no installations? Then manual installation?

Allow downloads and installations? But no forced or automatic reboot?

questions_, Sep 14, 2020
  3. Sharief K Win User
    Windows 10 endless loop reboot

Hi,

• Have you checked if the hard disk is set as first boot device in the BIOS?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    • What did the HP supported suggested you to fix the issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the following article and check if it helps.

Windows 10 endless loop reboot

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the more information about the interaction with HP support and the outcome of the issue.

Sharief K, Sep 14, 2020
  4. PA WALDO Win User

Did a force reboot by accident

Will Windows 10 force-reboot on Home users after an update is available?

WINDOWS 10 WILL SABOTAGE ALL OF YOUR WORK!

Don't believe the whole "You will not be forced to reboot with Windows 10" farce!

I've had WINDOWS 10 for over a month, and it has already forced multiple reboots and cost me a staggering amount of work, time and money.

These NAZI control-freak developers and managers at Microsoft are confident that they have the legal right -- regardless of how many open windows and applications you're working with or what your working on at that moment - and regardless
    of how many thousands of dollars your lost work will cost both you and your clients --
    to hack full control of YOUR computer and literally force-shutdown your entire system without saving a single file or session attribute. They think that as the "creator" they are entitled to do this.

ASK YOURSELF WHY:

• WHY did they ever decide to sabotage their own customers' computers starting back with WIN 7?
    • WHY have they repeated this same atrocity with WIN 10?
    • WHY do they try to get you to believe that this forced-reboot programming no longer exists in WIN 10?
    • WHY do they force you to do ANYTHING if you cannot or will not agree to it?

There is no legal reason, justification or precedent for a software company intentionally causing significant, predictable harm to you, your finances, your business and your computer system.

Microsoft has the illusion that even though you've (directly or indirectly) purchased a product from them and are now the rightful legal owner of that operating system, they still have the right to take control of your system and
    inadvertently sabotage your work under the auspices of keeping your system safe.

THE TRUTH:

• WINDOWS10 WILL
      MOST DEFINITELY FORCE YOUR COMPUTER TO REBOOT AFTER UPDATES
    • NONE OF YOUR FILES WILL BE SAVED.
    • YOUR SYSTEM WILL NOT BE RESTORED TO ITS PRE-REBOOT STATE.
    • YOU CANNOT SHUT OFF UPDATES. ALL UPDATES OCCUR SPONTANEOUSLY WITHOUT PERMISSION AT THE MOMENT THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.
    • True, you can attempt to defer that shutdown for NO MORE THAN A WEEK, but whenever that clock ultimately runs out... your just dead.
      • The reboot will occur whether you're at your computer or whether you've run to the post office or to a meeting.
        You need not be present for your whole life to be ruined.
      • Microsoft will reboot your computer regardless of:
        • whether you have less than five minutes left on a critical online auction and stand to lose hundreds of thousands of dollars as a result.
        • the deadline you have to file critical paperwork.
        • your last-minute email negotiations with a client, a buyer, or a seller.
        • whether you have hundreds of open windows and applications spread across multiple displays and have no way to recreate all of the lost research, work and planning.
        • whether any major life-altering event looms in the balance.
    • THERE IS NO WAY TO DISABLE THE UPDATES OR THE FORCED RESTART.
      • True, for those who found it, WINDOWS 7 had a setting allowing you to "Download updates and let me choose whether to install them," and also allowed you to keep deferring the restart in 4-hour increments.
        • You only ever learned about that problem and discovered the setting AFTER you found out the hard way that Microsoft was going to hack your system and destroy all your work and productivity by arbitrarily shutting down your system at their leisure.
        • That control has now been ENTIRELY REMOVED FROM WINDOWS 10.

IF YOU HAVE RECENTLY UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10, BE ADVISED THAT YOU HAVE LESS THAN 1 MONTH TO REVERT BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS VERSION OF WINDOWS. AFTER THAT, YOU ARE STUCK WITH THE REALITY OF HAVING YOUR WORK LOST.

PA WALDO, Sep 14, 2020
Thema:

Did a force reboot by accident

1. Did a force reboot by accident - Similar Threads - Did force reboot

2. Did I Accidently Buy the Wrong Game Version?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Did I Accidently Buy the Wrong Game Version?: I bought Minecraft on the Microsoft Store to play on my pc: https://www.microsoft.com/en-za/p/minecraft/9nblggh537bl#activetab=pivot:overviewtabBut when I click on the Install on my devices button, it says: "It looks like you don't have any applicable devices linked to your...
  3. Accidently deleted ps2 keyboard drive and reboot did not work. How can I get my keyboard to...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Accidently deleted ps2 keyboard drive and reboot did not work. How can I get my keyboard to...: Accidently deleted ps2 keyboard drive and reboot did not work. How can I get my keyboard to work again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-deleted-ps2-keyboard-drive-and-reboot/c04e8575-2672-4549-bf90-dc3bb31862a8
  4. How to disabled Windows forced reboot

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disabled Windows forced reboot: I left my laptop on overnight and it has self reboot by itself. I knew there was updates from the "Update History" How do just turn off forced updates & forced reboot I have already tried many ways to turn off self updates. I tried some recommendation via youtube to modify...
  5. How to disabled Windows forced reboot

How to disabled Windows forced reboot: I left my laptop on overnight and it has self reboot by itself. I knew there was updates from the "Update History" How do just turn off forced updates & forced reboot I have already tried many ways to turn off self updates. I tried some recommendation via youtube to modify...
  6. How to disabled Windows forced reboot

7. Is this a virus or did I do something wrong by accident

Is this a virus or did I do something wrong by accident: My mouse cursor is too big and when it goes over items you can see through them but it inverts the colors. It will still click on some things but wont click on the settings or any Microsoft apps like PowerPoint, Microsoft word or excel...
  8. MS Forcing an update and reboot

MS Forcing an update and reboot: I had Updates turned off on my system and tonight an update seemed to be forced and my system rebooted. after restarting all the data on my storage/work drive is gone! I have been working on a project for 3 week's and was being sent to Antarctica for research. Even the...
  9. BSOD from a Bugcheck - Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD from a Bugcheck - Forced Reboot: My computer suddenly encountered a BSOD and then forced a reboot. I got the following error message: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000fc (0xfffff8003f291fe8, 0x80000002203e8121, 0xffffd000258dd050, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved...
  10. BSOD from a Bugcheck - Forced Reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD from a Bugcheck - Forced Reboot: Hello: Earlier today I had a forced reboot. Checked Reliability History to discover the following: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xffffc08c1453a1d8, 0x00000000f2000040, 0x0000000000000800). A dump was...