Windows 10: Did a fresh install of Windows using the "Reset this PC" tool in settings, but I see some...

Discus and support Did a fresh install of Windows using the "Reset this PC" tool in settings, but I see some... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Might have been exposed to a virus this morning, so I decided to do a clean install. I chose the options to keep none of my files and to do a deep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Tanagers, Jan 23, 2021.

1. Did a fresh install of Windows using the "Reset this PC" tool in settings, but I see some...

Might have been exposed to a virus this morning, so I decided to do a clean install.

I chose the options to keep none of my files and to do a deep erase which took a lot longer. But I see some files in the Windows folder that show a "date modified" of 2020 or 2019 even. Is that just the date they were made by Microsoft or does this tool not do a 100% new install? I don't want to risk any bad files having stayed behind somewhere.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Tanagers
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Tanagers, Jan 23, 2021

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 23, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Jan 23, 2021
  4. more123 Win User

Did a fresh install of Windows using the "Reset this PC" tool in settings, but I see some...

Fresh windows install help.

Hi.
    I have Samsung Series 7 NP7005ZA-S0AUS laptop pc. I decided to do a fresh windows install so I used a flash drive to re-install windows (I formatted the hard drive at the begnining of the installation). When the laptop booted first time in the installation process, I got a screen saying boot menu but it's empty. I clicked alt+ctl+de, the laptop restarts and gets me back to the same screen. I entered the bios and made sure the hd is on the top of the list and save/restarted but same issue. I tried loading bios default settings and that did not help either. I noticed in the boot menu that there are exclamation marks next to the HD and the SATA DVD drives, not sure what that means but they were not there before. I honestly think a bios update can do the trick but there is no way to upgrade the bios of a samsung laptop without Windows like my case so I am stuck.
    Any help will be very much appreciated.
    Notice: The hard drive has 8GB msata built in.

more123, Jan 23, 2021
Thema:

Did a fresh install of Windows using the "Reset this PC" tool in settings, but I see some...

1. Did a fresh install of Windows using the "Reset this PC" tool in settings, but I see some... - Similar Threads - Did fresh install

2. I did a reset on my PC…

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I did a reset on my PC…: I did a reset on my PC and kept all personal files and chose to reinstall windows from the cloud, it’s been restarting at 64% for about an hour now and gets to 73% sometimes 80% and repeats the process. Am I screwed?...
  3. I did a reset on my PC…

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I did a reset on my PC…: I did a reset on my PC and kept all personal files and chose to reinstall windows from the cloud, it’s been restarting at 64% for about an hour now and gets to 73% sometimes 80% and repeats the process. Am I screwed?...
  4. I don't see "Reset This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I don't see "Reset This PC": Hi. I'm having a big problem here. I was try to fix my computer and was think about resetting it when it toll me that it rebooted so many time that it couldn't fix the problem. So I decided to reset it. I presses f1 click on troubleshoot. and instead of letting my to the...
  5. I did a factory reset for my pc from windows resetting tool and its stuck on 3%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I did a factory reset for my pc from windows resetting tool and its stuck on 3%: I really need help with that. I did a factory reset from windows setting and chose to delete everything from my pc (even the files that you need to enable manually) and its been more than 6 hours and its stuck on 3%. I don't know what to do, its my first time resetting a pc...
  6. fresh installed did not work

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fresh installed did not work: fresh install i can not access my shares at all several branches of microsoft, this community and eventually mindtree threw every single troubleshooting technique possible at this without any luck at all it is the workstation service after a fresh reinstall my workstation...
  7. Why did some of my settings reset?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why did some of my settings reset?: After I turned on my laptop, I noticed several things. My desktop background went back to the default one, the systemwide app mode switched from dark to light, and so did chrome. Is there any particular windows-related reason for this? Or is it something else?...
  8. Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Should I use "Reset My Pc" or "Get a fresh start"?: My laptop came with windows 8.1 pre-installed. I upgraded it to Windows 10 and it is now activated with digital license. I haven't signed with Microsoft account on it. When I started with my pc, I gave it a..you know whatever..user name. Though I can change the user name...
  9. Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows sees but won't use freshly installed RAM: Hello all, I have a very nagging problem on a computer I use for production. I recently installed an extra 16 GB of RAM but Windows refuses to use them. It *recognizes* the extra amount but will not allocate it for use. Have looked around the internet for a solution but...
  10. Fresh Install or Reset PC?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh Install or Reset PC?: When you select Recovery option the Reset PC it gives the option to 'Remove Everything' so Is a Fresh Install the same as using the Reset Pc function? There is also an Advanced startup option. I want to start completely fresh and do a clean install but really not sure which...