Windows 10: Did a Windows 10 Update and file explorer is really slow in opening

Discus and support Did a Windows 10 Update and file explorer is really slow in opening in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did an update last week on Windows 10 and the 1903 update today. File explorer has really been slow after those updates. Please advise on what to do.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wisteria990, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Did a Windows 10 Update and file explorer is really slow in opening

I did an update last week on Windows 10 and the 1903 update today. File explorer has really been slow after those updates. Please advise on what to do.

Thank you.

:)

Wisteria990, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 file explorer very slow (working on it...) issue

This seemed to help. Time will tell. It certainly is more helpful and practical than the suggestion to end toe Explorer task and start a new one.

SamMcSpadden, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Did a Windows 10 Update and file explorer is really slow in opening

File Explorer/System Extremely Slow

Hi everyone,

Recently my file system (file explorer) started reacting really slow. If I scroll trough files it will hang, opening a folder takes ages and that's not all. Its really annoying to work like this. However there is one strange occurrence where if I open
    the file system from word to select a file to open, the file system is super fast as it should be.

I've searched the internet for a solution but no one seems to have exactly what I have.

The problem without to much explanation:

• File explorer is really slow.
    • File explorer is fast, when opened from another program.

For those that want to react: 'maybe its your computer', no that isn't the problem. I have a SSD, i7 quad core processor and 16gb of ram.

My Windows installation specifications are:

OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version: 10.0.16299

Build: 16299

System Type: x64bit

Thanks in advance.

rauldeheer, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Did a Windows 10 Update and file explorer is really slow in opening

1. Did a Windows 10 Update and file explorer is really slow in opening - Similar Threads - Did Update file

2. files open really slow in windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    files open really slow in windows 10: Windows 10 laptopX1 Carbon 7th gen core I7 16 GB ram This is the problem. Whenever open filesexcel, word doc, pdf from either the desktop or the folder it takes 1-2 minutes. Super slow. If I open file from within adobe, excel or word app the file opens quickly. When it takes...
  3. File Explorer crashes or is really slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer crashes or is really slow: Windows 10 Pro No trouble viewing c drive. Right click it and File Explorer freezes. Open another File Explorer window, some mapped Windows 10 drives to not appear. What to do?...
  4. Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file

Windows File Explorer really slow when opening a file: Hello, recently my Windows File Explorer has been really slow. Whenever I open a file or open File Explorer it freezes for about 10-20 seconds. After that it works just fine and I can navigate to any file I want, it's only when I open up a file from my desktop or try to open...
  5. Explorer really slow - windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Explorer really slow - windows 10: I am having an odd issue. Opening windows explorer takes several minutes. Even if I just try to save something in an application. I'm at a loss. Things I've tried: Rebuilding the index Unpinning everything from quick access Running these commands in powershell: DISM...
  6. File Explorer is really slow Win 10

File Explorer is really slow Win 10: Hello, so I didn´t use my Microsoft Surface in a Month and now I have to study for a test but my file explorer is suddenly really slow. It takes Minutes to open a file or folder, while the rest is working as fast as usual. I tried ending it with the Task Manager and...
  7. Windows 10 really, really, really slow!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 really, really, really slow!: My son's computer is suddenly incredibly slow, like 4 or 5 mins from a mouse click to a response. I have tried all the "Windows is running slow" fixes, but since I can't open any settings apps, I am really stuck. I have tried rebooting in safe mode, but it won't - I have...
  8. File Explorer slow to open or will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer slow to open or will not open: Quite often (60% of the time) clicking on Windows Explorer results in no action whether from the tool bar or from the Windows screen for a very long period of time. There is nothing showing to determine if there is a background program causing Explorer to wait. When it...
  9. Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 File Explorer opens slow: This was few months ago, don't mind the text in the video, this was from another issue. 2017 02 03 15 44 16 1 - YouTube And this is now: 2017 04 23 10 00 04 - YouTube You definitely can see the difference, the os is installed on a 250gb Samsung SSD. Sometimes I don't...
  10. Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer slow in opening files and folders: Since a couple of weeks when I open a file or folder in my Windows Explorer i see for maybe a couple of seconds a wristwatch pointer appearing and disappearing before opening that file or folder. Not a big deal but annoying. Can anyone help me please? 103092