Windows 10: Did accidentally some kind of key combination and now i have shortcuts for literally every...

Discus and support Did accidentally some kind of key combination and now i have shortcuts for literally every... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi. I was doing some math on my table and i set the book on my keyboard. It pressed down some of the keys so it did a combination and now i have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lasimies, Apr 14, 2020.

1. Did accidentally some kind of key combination and now i have shortcuts for literally every...

Hi. I was doing some math on my table and i set the book on my keyboard. It pressed down some of the keys so it did a combination and now i have shortcuts like when i press U it goes to screen settings and when i press delete it opens the settings menu. I literally can't write anything on it right now and i only can use my mouse. I wrote this via my phone. Appreciate all the help.

submitted by /u/lasimies
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lasimies, Apr 14, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Microsoft Wireless Combination Keyboard & Shortcut Keys

Hi,

A keyboard shortcut key or combination of keys providing quick access to a particular function within a computer program. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Did you get any error messages when you try those keyboard shortcuts?
    • Does this happen only to Microsoft keyboard?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Apr 14, 2020
  4. grecinos Win User

Did accidentally some kind of key combination and now i have shortcuts for literally every...

Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

Did accidentally some kind of key combination and now i have shortcuts for literally every...

1. Did accidentally some kind of key combination and now i have shortcuts for literally every... - Similar Threads - Did accidentally kind

2. accidentally did something in msconfig now i can’t sign in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    accidentally did something in msconfig now i can’t sign in.: working on cleaning some things and guess i wasn’t careful enough to realize i disabled some things in msconfig now i am not able to access my pin without getting met with “something happened and your pin isn’t available” when i click set up pin it waits a second then sends...
  3. accidentally did something in msconfig now i can’t sign in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    accidentally did something in msconfig now i can’t sign in.: working on cleaning some things and guess i wasn’t careful enough to realize i disabled some things in msconfig now i am not able to access my pin without getting met with “something happened and your pin isn’t available” when i click set up pin it waits a second then sends...
  4. Have I accidentally placed some kind of script on my shift key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I accidentally placed some kind of script on my shift key: Every time my shift key is pressed it types out this exact script; av backspace backspace MAV18afa/ enter AV18afa enter, this occurs no matter what, if I am in a game it will bring up the chat menu to type and it does the same in a search bar, note, and/ or folder....
  5. Have I accidentally placed some kind of script on my shift key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I accidentally placed some kind of script on my shift key: Every time my shift key is pressed it types out this exact script; av backspace backspace MAV18afa/ enter AV18afa enter, this occurs no matter what, if I am in a game it will bring up the chat menu to type and it does the same in a search bar, note, and/ or folder....
  6. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  7. Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Shift key combinations stopped functioning: Hello everyone, I have a problem that has been bothering me for long enough, and I need some help. I've tried everything and searched the web to fix this at 100% with no success. A week or 2 ago, I noticied that my 'Windows' Key wasn't responding, and same thing with the...
  8. Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Some Keyboard Shortcut Combinations is not Working: Good day! I updated my laptop to the latest build of Windows 10. I noticed that some of the keyboard combinations are not working ( RShift+Left Arrow, RCTRL+RShift+Left/Right Arrow ). It will work if I use LShift/RShift+Right Arrow and LCTRL+LShift/RShift+Right Arrow....
  9. (Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.

(Some) Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations not working.: As said in the title, some Ctrl+Shift+[key] combinations don't work in my system (kind of, actually). In Notepad++, the 'Save All' keyboard shortcut (Ctrl+Shift+S) doesn't work. In Visual Studio 2017, the 'Open Project/Solution...' (Ctrl+Shift+O) doesn't work either, the...
  10. Some key combinations stopped working

Some key combinations stopped working: Keyboard is the default Asus X555 laptop keyboard. Running Windows 10 pro 64bit Recently, some keys in my keyboard stopped working while another key is pressed. For example, while pressing key 'A' the key 'Q' is not working but when key 'Q' is pressed alone it works....