Windows 10: Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?

Discus and support Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It seemed like a big update. Could only restart and update instead of shut down and update. A few display things look slightly different. But I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/WhispyWhirl, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?

It seemed like a big update. Could only restart and update instead of shut down and update. A few display things look slightly different. But I just noticed that clicking a date on my calendar makes it go haywire and rushes backwards quickly. Is this part of the update? Or is it a fake update and I just contracted a virus?

submitted by /u/WhispyWhirl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/WhispyWhirl, Sep 16, 2020
  2. sjh001 Win User

How do you Disable Explorer's "Today", "Yesterday", and "Last Week" Groups

I like my Downloads displayed as a straight alphabetical list, and not broken down by today, yesterday, and last week. When I go to Downloads this can be done by clicking "view" then "group by" and then "none." Windows, however, does not save that setting
    and the next time you go to Downloads you are forced to go through those steps again. How can this be avoided? Until recently this was not a problem.

sjh001, Sep 16, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?

No DVD player works in my computer today, it worked yesterday!

I was using Windows 7 a couple days ago and the DVD player I always use in it was fine, today neither DVD player in my system shows up, just my hard drives but no DVD drives. I did a system restore to yesterday, before a latest update to Windows that
    it did, but nothing happened so I did a restore about 10 days ago and still no DVD player shows up in my drive list. But it was working a couple days ago, I watched a DVD on it. Today it is not working, and I have two DVD players and neither is working or
    even showing up in my drive list. What could be happening?

MartinPodvojsky, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday?

1. Did anyone else get an update today or yesterday? - Similar Threads - Did anyone else

2. Did anyone else noticed this in News & Interest?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did anyone else noticed this in News & Interest?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Luigiatreddit2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ppf5xm/did_anyone_else_noticed_this_in_news_interest/
  3. Did anyone else's search bar change?

Did anyone else's search bar change?: It was fine earlier today. But now three hours later after turning my computer off, I turned it back on and now it's changed. It has recent apps on the right side. And news stories and weather on the left. Is this a bug? submitted by /u/ctilvolover23 [link] [comments]...
  4. microsoft Marjong will not ;oad today but it did yesterday

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft Marjong will not ;oad today but it did yesterday: I need help with microsoft marjong not loading today. it worked fine yesterday https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-marjong-will-not-oad-today-but-it-did/adffd1dc-7e1f-419e-9144-58cd8d9c4d57
  5. Has anyone else had this error based on MS Update yesterday 'oxc0000142'?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has anyone else had this error based on MS Update yesterday 'oxc0000142'?: I am getting an error if I try to open any Office file created before the update, whether in Word, Excel, PPT. The Office Application opens, says'updating office, please wait a moment' and then after some minutes, the error below appears:[ATTACH]...
  6. Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today?

Was anyone else's PC forced to restart today?: Hello. I have postponed an update since a couple days ago. I put my PC into sleep mode and took a shower, and when I came back Windows 10 was preparing itself for updates and I was forced to wait. It closed all my tabs which I can easily get back but is there a way to...
  7. anyone else today is the new windows update broken

anyone else today is the new windows update broken: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ohparaa_tv [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ibsgcc/anyone_else_today_is_the_new_windows_update_broken/
  8. Did anyone else catch this informality?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Did anyone else catch this informality?: I found this in Windows 10 v2004 OS Build 19041.329[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/did-anyone-else-catch-this-informality/13a73785-2dea-47d9-817f-2aeecf6ec3ad
  9. Anyone else get this spam?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Anyone else get this spam?: Refund and Cancel the Renewal Dear Customer, We Thank You on the completion of your 1 year Windows Defender protection plan with 24/7 technical support. We have charged you $299 for the 12 months of subscription from your account. We tried to contact you on your registered...
  10. Anyone Else had this update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Anyone Else had this update: Has anyone else had this update downloaded and installed Update for Windows 10 for x64-based Systems (KB3106932) It went in ok but cant find out what it is for 28160