Windows 10: did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ?

Discus and support did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; so this just happened. Im on this installation since end of last year and today when i booted right after the loginscreen i was greated with a gray... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FakeHeat, Jun 6, 2020.

1. did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ?

so this just happened. Im on this installation since end of last year and today when i booted right after the loginscreen i was greated with a gray background with a blue window saying "welcome to windows" basically asking me to make a MS account. Luckily i could skip it, but hte button read "skip for now"

there was no update yesterday, so is this common or something ?

submitted by /u/FakeHeat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FakeHeat, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Creating a MS account without losing Local account

Go to https://account.microsoft.com, click Create account and fill the form:

did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ? [​IMG]

With a Microsoft account you can then use OneDrive and Office Online apps for free. You can also use built-in native Windows apps which require a Microsoft account like Mail, Skype Preview, People, Calendar and download apps from Windows Store.

See steps 3 to 5 in this tutorial to continue using local account as Windows sign-in account even when / if you download apps from store and / or use Windows apps requiring a Microsoft account, to avoid Windows user account converting to Microsoft account: Store - Use when Signing in to Windows 10 with Local Account - Windows 10 Forums

Other tutorials you might be interested in when you have created a Microsoft account:

Kari, Jun 6, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2020
  4. did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ?

How to close MS account that I created by accident?

Hi kahill1918 ,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you create a new account to the computer before remove the Microsoft account.

Follow the Microsoft help article to create new user account.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-user-account#create-user-account=windows-8

After creating a local account, follow the steps provided below to remove Microsoft account.

• Press Windows + I key.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In your accounts, at the bottom click on the account you want to remove.
    • Then click on Remove button.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Deepak K Prajapati, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ?

1. did anyone ever get randomly ask to create a MS account right after boot ? - Similar Threads - did anyone ever

2. how to get help for creating new MS account?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    how to get help for creating new MS account?: Hey guys, I am trying to help someone sign up for one drive. we tried many times to create a Microsoft account for him but always some issue with the code or phone number during the registration process. Seems to me something might be wrong with their signup form.What can he...
  3. how to get help for creating new MS account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get help for creating new MS account?: Hey guys, I am trying to help someone sign up for one drive. we tried many times to create a Microsoft account for him but always some issue with the code or phone number during the registration process. Seems to me something might be wrong with their signup form.What can he...
  4. how to get help for creating new MS account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. ms not getting created for me

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms not getting created for me: hi sir I have a issue I have asked a question to google and so took me to this some one asking he didn't get to create as it says use school account so i tried to log out but the issue is I tried but it still says the same to use personal or school account I gave my number...
  6. Anyone ever got this?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anyone ever got this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Resk69 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lubu9t/anyone_ever_got_this/
  7. Account I did not create

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account I did not create: I have discovered that a Microsoft account has been established in my name and subscriptions paid for using my bosses credit card. This is ruining my life!!!!!! How do I get rid of it? How do I release my device from the account and shut it down?? I have called "Microsoft"...
  8. will windows ever work right? ever?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    will windows ever work right? ever?: cant use my desktop. the number of connections to this computer is limited and all connections are in use right now. WHY? No one is connected at all and I am physically at the computer trying to login. Dumb windows operating system...
  9. Unable to create a MS account on Win10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to create a MS account on Win10: I'm hoping someone can help, all my email addresses are on O365 which is preventing me from creating a MS account. I'm not actually sure why I need one but windows keeps asking (FYI I mostly use LINUX but maintain a Windows install to help me support my Mother and Sister who...
  10. How did account "defaultuser0" get created? Why?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How did account "defaultuser0" get created? Why?: I notice that there's an account called "defaultuser0" on my Win 10 computer. It's not available at the login screen. It does not show up in the User Accounts control panel. But it does show up in file/folder permissions. For example, running command line "icacls" on the...